• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 320.18 WHQL Display Driver is Damaging GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yer but how do I turn round to evga in Germany and say all three of my 670's failed at once ??

Like this:

"All mein gee tee eggs six sevente half failed at vonce!"

---------------

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the games that this issue supposedly applies to? I'm curious to see if I get problems with them too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Since this was the only Driver (I know of) that works with my 770 I had to bite the bullet and install it Friday, Luckily Everything is fine, Battlefieid runs sooooooooooo SMOOTH, Ultra, average 120fps on a 64/64 match of Metro, Grid 2 runs flawlessly.

Associate
I have a 560ti and there has been two occasions where my system has frozen completely. It has also been freezing for a couple of seconds while being on the desktop, working for a short while, and then freezing again.

I thought my SSD was on it's way out, guess not.

Soldato
Which drivers can be used with 780 GTX ? I tried the 314.22 but it tells me no compatible hardware found ?

Since this was the only Driver (I know of) that works with my 770 I had to bite the bullet and install it Friday, Luckily Everything is fine, Battlefieid runs sooooooooooo SMOOTH, Ultra, average 120fps on a 64/64 match of Metro, Grid 2 runs flawlessly.

This ^, we have no choice but to risk the 320.18s I think, but to the extent it does lasting damage which shortens the life of the card without any current visible signs, we're screwed!

Caporegime
I have a 560ti and there has been two occasions where my system has frozen completely. It has also been freezing for a couple of seconds while being on the desktop, working for a short while, and then freezing again.

I thought my SSD was on it's way out, guess not.

Could you report the issue here please

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-xx-display-driver-stability-feedback-thread/

Let them know all the details as well. I have noticed a few are having hard locks, so the more that report issues and what their system is, it should make it easier for the devs to reproduce the error and sort it.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
IT all makes sense now

last week one of my 670s that i had in SLI died

had a Asus DC2 670 TOP since release a year ago
and whenever a new driver comes out i run 3dmark and during the run my system froze and on next reboot the 2nd card wasn't detected
and when i tried them individually the 2nd card gets multicolored lines and squares

also had some x116 BSODs and random lockups in windows when usually my machine is rock solid

RMAd the card tho and got a brand new replacement which i will sell on to get a 770/780

:mad:

Caporegime
OP
IT all makes sense now

and whenever a new driver comes out i run 3dmark and during the run my system froze and on next reboot the 2nd card wasn't detected
and when i tried them individually the 2nd card gets multicolored lines and squares

also had some x116 BSODs and random lockups in windows when usually my machine is rock solid

RMAd the card tho and got a brand new replacement which i will sell on to get a 770/780

Report it in this thread so it gets passed on.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18518910

Soldato
IT all makes sense now

did you try reinstalling older drivers?

Caporegime
Could you report the issue here please

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-xx-display-driver-stability-feedback-thread/

Let them know all the details as well. I have noticed a few are having hard locks, so the more that report issues and what their system is, it should make it easier for the devs to reproduce the error and sort it.

Nvidia are a bunch of ****

These issues were reported in the Beta's but they flat out ignored them and released as WHQL anyway. :mad::mad:

Soldato
This killed my GTX480, I actually thought it died on it's own but looking at my support tickets I mentioned it stopped working soon after I installed 320.18 that day.

Soldato
hi moogle, interested to know - did you try reinstalling older drivers?

trying to work out if the drivers are actually killing hardware, of if some cards are just refusing to work with the new drivers and going back to older drivers fixes the issue (as some people have tried and this seems to work, at least in some cases)

Soldato
hi moogle, interested to know - did you try reinstalling older drivers?

trying to work out if the drivers are actually killing hardware, of if some cards are just refusing to work with the new drivers and going back to older drivers fixes the issue (as some people have tried and this seems to work, at least in some cases)

I did try that and it wouldn't work after that. I had installed the 320.18 drivers on Sunday morning the week the drivers were released (so the 26th) and it worked okay for a few hours. Then in the afternoon I was just browsing and watching some iPlayer and the system BSOD'ed with parts of the screen turning pink just before that.

From then on it would keep doing that so I booted into safe mode and uninstalled the drivers and ran driver cleaner.
Installed older drivers (from the C:\NVIDIA\ folder) and it would keep crashing or making the screen go black.

The system would only work if no NVIDIA drivers were loaded, but obviously it had very limited functionality.

I tried the card on another system with pre 320.18 drivers and it caused the same issue so I came to the conclusion that the card has had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom