• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 320.18 WHQL Display Driver is Damaging GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
did you try reinstalling older drivers?

no the card is 100% gone i get the colored lines and squares during post and in he bios so drivers wont really make a difference

the card has already been replaced tho with a brand new one

cant complain about the service from a certain rainforest place :D

Soldato
Has there been any official word from Nvidia about all this?

Not sure if to rollback the driver or wait for an updated driver as I'm guessing a new driver would overwrite this faulty one.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
currently running some 770 lightnings in SLI since they are technically 680s anyway to mod the inf files so i can install the 314s drivers

if these 320s kill my brand new cards like my old one nvidia have lost a customer for life

Associate
Oh goodie!

I installed the latest drivers on saturday morning and got 2 BSODs. First the machine was sat idle (well downloading off steam, but that's not exactly taxing), the second was at some point after I had rebooted it, but I had walked away, either way it wouldn't have been doing anything, just sat at the desktop.

I rebooted again, played a few hours of World in Conflict over the rest of the day and it was fine. WiC is an old game though, so it doesn't push the PC all that hard.

So fingers crossed, since the 2 BSODs that may or may not be related, it's been fine.

The card is a GB 480 SOC...so yeah, hence why I am thinking it's this driver that did it.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Oh goodie!

I installed the latest drivers on saturday morning and got 2 BSODs. First the machine was sat idle (well downloading off steam, but that's not exactly taxing), the second was at some point after I had rebooted it, but I had walked away, either way it wouldn't have been doing anything, just sat at the desktop.

I rebooted again, played a few hours of World in Conflict over the rest of the day and it was fine. WiC is an old game though, so it doesn't push the PC all that hard.

So fingers crossed, since the 2 BSODs that may or may not be related, it's been fine.

The card is a GB 480 SOC...so yeah, hence why I am thinking it's this driver that did it.

download BlueScreenView from Nirsoft

that will read the dump files created by BSODs and if they are x116 then its GPU related

Soldato
This simply shows they do not quality control the drivers as well as they should!

Last word out of Nvidia was that the drivers passed all in house testing and it may be an issue involving changes 3rd party manufacturers made to the non-reference cards, which sounds like ******** to me :p

Anyone with a reference card having issues?

Soldato
Assuming this problem can strike at any time, is there any consensus whether it is only a load problem or the failures can also happen at idle?

Soldato
As I posted in Gregster's thread.

"I get driver crashes even when just browsing the web, they aren't frequent though. The only game that has given me hassle is Planetside 2. Settings on High and PhysX on my frame rate falls to around 15 or so from 70-80, alt-tabbing fixes it which I find weird."

I have a 780.

Soldato
so.. this is the second NVIDIA driver to kills cards then?

I dont know of any AMD drivers that ever did this.. Just sayin.. you know..? it might be time to switch...?:rolleyes:

Soldato
How is the best way to tell if you are having issues with these drivers? I only ever play WoW and BL2 and it doesn't sound like people are having trouble with them, is the any demo or anything I can download to see if I am clean/diseased? lol, would 3dMark11 do it?

Associate
How do you install the 314.22 driver with a 780 GTX. I just get the cannot install as no compatible graphics hardware message ?

I don't think you can install an older driver...320.18 was released specifically for the 7 series launch, none of the past drivers are compatible...huge balls up by nvidia

Sem

Sem

Soldato
I don't think you can install an older driver...320.18 was released specifically for the 7 series launch, none of the past drivers are compatible...huge balls up by nvidia

there must be a way the 780 is just a titan at the end of the day and that worked with drivers prior to the 320.18s

im sure someone will figure it out soon

or NV might just re-release the 314 with support the the newest cards

if they had any sense that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom