• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Bencharked a different scene level?

Possible, however the the 1% lows can be very different and if that was related to the scene used it would mean this game has performance problems because the difference in 1% lows can vary by dozens of fps that should have been picked up by Digital Foundry in their review.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't say I've ever heard coil whine on any power supply I've had corsair thermaltake superflower just recently bought a nzxt 1200 watt bit ify with power leads for my 4090 . I'm sure it will be fine ..

Associate
looking at those lows anyone who bought this gen 8gb gpu should about now banging their heads against a wall:cry::cry:

I don’t think it’s that bad. I paid £320 brand new, which is comparable to a 3060ti, which itself is 8gb.

There’s still room for an 8gb card and even though my initial question was regarding a potential mitigation, I don’t think it’s a product killer.
Anyway, my lad is only 12, he won’t be super bothered if he has to reduce textures.

Caporegime
I don’t think it’s that bad. I paid £320 brand new, which is comparable to a 3060ti, which itself is 8gb.

There’s still room for an 8gb card and even though my initial question was regarding a potential mitigation, I don’t think it’s a product killer.
Anyway, my lad is only 12, he won’t be super bothered if he has to reduce textures.

So you got it cheap, yet to me it still seems expensive for what you're getting.

Associate
So you got it cheap, yet to me it still seems expensive for what you're getting.

The market isn’t great, I’ll agree there! Not sure what the alternative would be. I could have gotten a 6750xt for the same money. A much better rasterisation card but again, I favoured DLSS3 and the low power for his particular use.

Hopefully his requirements for gaming at 1080p will be fully met. Like I said, he’s only 12. :)

Soldato
Who says 8 pins can't also melt and melt on the PSU side as well

Your post is missing a load of context. The PSU was replaced via RMA and the original pcie connecter was left in the PC. There was a pin layout change for the replacement PSU which was missed so when used with the original cables it caused it to melt/overheat. EVGA ****** up by sending the wrong version of PSU on the RMA replacement

Soldato
Your post is missing a load of context. The PSU was replaced via RMA and the original pcie connecter was left in the PC. There was a pin layout change for the replacement PSU which was missed so when used with the original cables it caused it to melt/overheat. EVGA ****** up by sending the wrong version of PSU on the RMA replacement

Exactly.. he has a habit of doing that and never adding a source.

Source for the issue :-

Also the picture posted came from this post on reddit

This person states it was connected to a 3080ti and daisy chained from one cable from the psu, so clearly user error and overloaded the connector :rolleyes:

VIPizzza
Op · 16 hr. ago
Yeah was daisy chained to a 3080ti
Would use two but was a space saving move, my case is tiny

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Haven't bothered looking at the article, but when I've done RMAs on PSUs in the past it has usually said something like return or dispose of all cables, probably to try and avoid situations like that.

EDIT: Can't remember if I've done a unit only swap out though - mostly it has been DOA PSUs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom