• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

They will have to otherwise reviews won't look good if future ports are equally as bad as forgotten.

I'm firmly holding out for the 50xx series now given even rdna 3/ada is ******** the bed now especially if path tracing becomes more common :D

AMD are gonna have the same problem.

A 4096 core chip, will be 256bit on the current architecture, is 16GB. Next logical step down from the 7900XT.

Then anything below that, won't be able to hit 16GB. They could do a 192bit card with 12GB.

If there are 4GB chips, then that would solve Nvidia and AMD's problems as they would be able to double memory on the same bus. Haven't seen anyone use them yet. The 4090 and 7900XTX use 12 x 2GB chips.

160Bit with 10GB is also an option for the lower mid range (the 6700 non XT used this approach).

AMD could make the 7800XT and 7800 very slightly cut down cards, which leaves room lower down. 288bit and 256bit, 18GB and 16GB.

Then 224bit and 192bit are left, 14GB and 12GB.

Then for 7600 cards 8GB and 10GB respectively.

They don't have much room though, although in a better position than Nvidia.

Getting the 4090 was worth it just to see Cyberpunk with path tracing enabled. Super impressive. Some of the outdoor areas literally look like a CGI movie breing rendered in realtime. Used DLSS Tweaks to set the render scaling to 74% (DLSS Ultra Quality) on my AW3423DW and am seeing a consistent 75 plus FPS. The 75 FPS is in the most demanding market areas where the input lag of FG is noticeable but doesn't bother me as it a slow paced shooter. Add HDR on an OLED on top of that and this game won't be topped in visuals anytime soon.

I thought the hybrid ray tracing already **** over the rasterised graphics but the path tracing makes the hybrid RT look like crap.

Last edited:
Getting the 4090 was worth it just to see Cyberpunk with path tracing enabled. Super impressive. Some of the outdoor areas literally look like a CGI movie breing rendered in realtime. Used DLSS Tweaks to set the render scaling to 74% (DLSS Ultra Quality) on my AW3423DW and am seeing a consistent 75 plus FPS. The 75 FPS is in the most demanding market areas where the input lag of FG is noticeable but doesn't bother me as it a slow paced shooter. Add HDR on an OLED on top of that and this game won't be topped in visuals anytime soon.

I thought the hybrid ray tracing already **** over the rasterised graphics but the path tracing makes the hybrid RT look like ****.

I just got to see it myself on my 3080 Ti. Granted, not with the kindnif fps you did, but still :cry:

My experience is basically pretty much the same as mrk as we have the same hardware :D

I just got to see it myself on my 3080 Ti. Granted, not with the kindnif fps you did, but still :cry:

My experience is basically pretty much the same as mrk as we have the same hardware :D

Is is that much better in motion? I watched the GamerNexus video earlier than benchmarks and compares Cyberpunk's RT, PT and raster modes. In a a lot of the scenes I couldn't really tell any difference between PT and RT and in certain scenes I thought it actually look better in raster, particularly the scene in the club and PT and RT looked way too bright. Watched the video on in 4k on a 55" oled.

Is is that much better in motion? I watched the GamerNexus video earlier than benchmarks and compares Cyberpunk's RT, PT and raster modes. In a a lot of the scenes I couldn't really tell any difference between PT and RT and in certain scenes I thought it actually look better in raster, particularly the scene in the club and PT and RT looked way too bright. Watched the video on in 4k on a 55" oled.
I mostly thought the same, I'm paraphrasing but what's better is super subjective so while one person may think something looks better one way another won't.

It's like if you think art or even drawings in books/comics that look super realistic are better than art/drawings with more artistic style are better. I mean no one ever looked at a drawing of a dragon or Superman and said it looks like carp because it's not photorealistic.

I did not get to play for a long time. But there was quite a bit of a difference in the quality of reflections I found.

There is a great example of NVIDIA mind share or just super dumb, dumb people. On Videocardz forum one individual plainly states they would rather take a NVIDIA card which is 20% slower than buy an AMD card. Wow.

People don't just look at sheer performance and nothing else when buying..... they take into account the features on offer (of which nvidia are arguably still better and ahead with especially with dlss and their streaming/recording, which for a lot of people is a massive pro), work uses (which nvidia are generally better here too), efficiency (so runs cooler and quieter and takes less power for similar performance, not sure about the 4070 vs 7900xt as haven't looked at reviews but generally ada is ahead here as well). I think even HUB came to the conclusion and their voters that nvidia can be priced more expensive (within reason)

There is a great example of NVIDIA mind share or just super dumb, dumb people. On Videocardz forum one individual plainly states they would rather take a NVIDIA card which is 20% slower than buy an AMD card. Wow.

comments on videocardz and wccftech are 100% trolls trolling; do not take anything at face value and in fact don't read the comments at all or you will lose IQ points

Well on Overclockers forum many individuals say how great AMD is while trashing Nvidia but then still purchase Nvidia. :p
comments on videocardz and wccftech are 100% trolls trolling; do not take anything at face value and in fact don't read the comments at all or you will lose IQ points
The level of debate and posting standards is better on those sites than on here at times even with all that trolling tbh.

Last edited:
1hr to go, we have over 1000 MSRP SKU in stock. :)

Black Jacket Man may have a sudden change of heart and they will launch at £299

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom