• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

nvidia-jensen-huang.gif

We'll see come the next marketshare figures I guess.

As I said earlier, the supply of the 4070 looks to be around 5 times that of the other 4 series cards at the time of release.

Maybe @Gibbo can enlighten us on how well/poorly they've done so far?

Stock for launch is the best of any launch in past few years.
Sales are OK, not amazing but more than good enough and momentum seems to keep going, makes a change when the product remains available and the pricing is maintained.

Hopefully how things will be going forward, back to a somewhat normal, far easier to manage when stock is ample, pricing is maintained and demand is within expectations. :)

Stock for launch is the best of any launch in past few years.
Sales are OK, not amazing but more than good enough and momentum seems to keep going, makes a change when the product remains available and the pricing is maintained.

Hopefully how things will be going forward, back to a somewhat normal, far easier to manage when stock is ample, pricing is maintained and demand is within expectations. :)

Better for the consumer too.

Not having to panic buy and make uninformed choices etc.

Much less stressful.

I currently have a 3080 using a Seasonic 650 PSU. Never had any issues in the 2 years with this PSU. Seems the 4080 uses less or about the same as the old 3080. Anybody running a 4080 on a good 650psu?

I currently have a 3080 using a Seasonic 650 PSU. Never had any issues in the 2 years with this PSU. Seems the 4080 uses less or about the same as the old 3080. Anybody running a 4080 on a good 650psu?
No, but I remember the comments foaming about how important they thought a massive PSU was :) Quality PSU is the important part, it'll just cut out if it's not powerful enough. My next build will be with Seasonic 600W fanless. The 4080 is less power spikey.

ASUS introduces GeForce RTX 4080/4070 Ti ProArt GPUs for creators - ProArt GeForce RTX 4080 and RTX 4070 Ti graphics cards give creators compact and quiet options for their workstations

I shudder to think what these will cost.

I shudder to think what these will cost.
Nice though, look classy :)

Back
Top Bottom