• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Diablo 4 will be included with purchases of the RTX4070 and up

Last edited:

Got to get them sales up.

They will probably try this for a while before officially dropping prices.

Last edited:
groundhogday-billmurray.gif

So the RTX4070 is not only been price-cut but gets Diablo 4 now bundled with it? I thought it was already a "perfect" price according to the experts?

:p

Last edited:
So the RTX4070 is not only been price-cut but gets Diablo 4 now bundled with it? I thought it was already a "perfect" price according to the experts?

:p
We all know the "experts" are usually paid for by the people who sell us crap like the RTX 4070 (NVIDIA).

I suspect that many people are fully aware that the "4070" is in reality 4060Ti level at best. It barely outperforms the 5th highest level GPU of the last gen (RTX 3080, RT3080 12 gig, RTX 3080Ti, RTX 3090, RTX 3090Ti).

They really hobbled it with a lower memory bus, less cores and only 12 gig of VRAM. And then priced it way above what it is worth.

Last edited:
We all know the "experts" are usually paid for by the people who sell us crap like the RTX 4070 (NVIDIA).

I suspect that many people are fully aware that the "4070" is in reality 4060Ti level at best. It barely outperforms the 5th highest level GPU of the last gen (RTX 3080, RT3080 12 gig, RTX 3080Ti RTX 3090, RTX 3090Ti).

They really hobbled it with a lower memory bus, less cores and only 12 gig of VRAM. And then priced it way above what it is worth.

It's just the repeated excuse making,after we had the same types doing it for Turing V1,which happened after another mining boom.This current situation is happening after another mining boom.They seem to think the defence of PCMR is defending everything any of these companies do. Nvidia,AMD and Intel have all tried fast ones in recent years. PCMR if it is true PCMR shouldn't be giving them even an inch. More performance for our money=faster graphical improvements in PC games. That applies from top to bottom.

If not PCMR shouldn't moan about modern games looking rubbish because devs will just set a low bar(or use consoles as the low bar).

Last edited:

Should probably be bundling a 4070 with every purchase of diablo 4.

Apparently a 4060 Ti 16Gb is in the works.

Doesn't make sense why they'd put 16Gb on a 4060 Ti and not a 4070.
I'd assume it's a recent decision, given it won't be available for a couple of months after the 8GB version. They can slurp up those sales from suckers people who actually want an 8GB card in 2023, then offer a solution to the problem they created for anyone hesitant (and charge a premium for it too). It probably also signals that AMD are planning to put 16GB on their card in that price bracket.

Apparently a 4060 Ti 16Gb is in the works.

Doesn't make sense why they'd put 16Gb on a 4060 Ti and not a 4070.
Crikey, the 8gb card is basically dead in the water then. Surely no one would buy that when the 16gb variant is allegedly due to release less than 3 months later.......

Ok I need something explaining by one of you wizzards if possible

I own a Pallit Dual RTX 3060ti and I've just noticed that the replacement card (RTX4060ti) will come with half the memory bus in comparison. How exactly does that affect gaming performance if the 4060ti has much higher tflops?

Thanks in advance
George

Last edited:
Crikey, the 8gb card is basically dead in the water then. Surely no one would buy that when the 16gb variant is allegedly due to release less than 3 months later.......

Ok I need something explaining by one of you wizzards if possible

I own a Pallit Dual RTX 3060ti and I've just noticed that the replacement card (RTX4060ti) will come with half the memory bus in comparison. How exactly does that affect gaming performance if the 4060ti has much higher tflops?

Thanks in advance
George
I have an RTX3060TI myself. The RTX4060TI is really an RTX3050 replacement,so despite Nvidia adding cache like AMD does,it can only do so much at higher resolutions.

This can be seen in the RTX4070. It has similar TFLOPs to the RTX3080 and even 2GB more of VRAM. But the issue is as resolution rises,the RTX3080 starts to slightly pull ahead.

This is because the cache,acts as a buffer between the VRAM and the dGPU. But as you raise resolution and settings it might not be sufficient enough,to make up for the lack of memory bandwidth. Even on the AMD side the RX6600 series has 1/3 the Infinity Cache of the RX6700XT series so the latter pushes ahead.

But looking at the specifications of the RTX4060TI,it appears to be around the same TFLOPs as an RTX3070TI. That means it will be around 20% faster than an RTX3070TI:

The 16GB model might pull ahead in scenarios where 8GB of VRAM is not enough.

The RTX4070 is what should be the RTX4060TI!!

Last edited:
I have an RTX3060TI myself. The RTX4060TI is really an RTX3050 replacement,so despite Nvidia adding cache like AMD does,it can only do so much at higher resolutions.

This can be seen in the RTX4070. It has similar TFLOPs to the RTX3080 and even 2GB more of VRAM. But the issue is as resolution rises,the RTX3080 starts to slightly pull ahead.

This is because the cache,acts as a buffer between the VRAM and the dGPU. But as you raise resolution and settings it might not be sufficient enough,to make up for the lack of memory bandwidth. Even on the AMD side the RX6600 series has 1/3 the Infinity Cache of the RX6700XT series so the latter pushes ahead.

But looking at the specifications of the RTX4060TI,it appears to be around the same TFLOPs as an RTX3070TI. That means it will be around 20% faster than an RTX3070TI:

The 16GB model might pull ahead in scenarios where 8GB of VRAM is not enough.

The RTX4070 is what should be the RTX4060TI!!

?

How will it be 20% faster than a 3070TI, when the 4070 already sits there (ie the 4070 has similar Tflops to the 3080).

The 4060ti will most like be between 3070 - 3070Ti performance, but as you mentioned, i fear that bandwith will hamper it at high resolutions big time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom