• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah they're pretty bad, wouldn't touch.

Are yiu referring to bios or something else specific? I won't be upgrading for another 2 years at least mind you, but good to know.

I can always go Asus and buy from amazon. So far they have been good to me, though even they are not what they used to be.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah they're pretty bad, wouldn't touch.
I've mostly had Gigabyte boards, my current is the Z690 Gaming X and it's actually very good. They at least get the power phase section really REALLY robust and capable, which is arguably a core part that you would want to be the most stable. The only area where GB let themselves down is the initial BIOS update which lasts about a year. Any new chipset board will have issues with RAM etc leading to needing to use manual settings for RAM timings and.or voltages. But once they get that sorted over the year then all's well. I've had mine since launch and it's been rock solid a year after.

Gigabyte board components are very good and you don't pay a premium for them either like you do with other boards.

Last edited:
Associate
Used to love their mobo's back in the day. Now I try and stay well away. No idea why that company still does so well with such crap customer care.

You would think that with all that ASUS tax some of it would go towards providing a premium customer support service like Dell do with their monitors. But these guys do the opposite it seems.

I think ASUS still make some of the best high end hardware, be it monitors, graphics cards or motherboards.

I tend to purchase from retailers with good customer service and returns policies so I don’t have to end up dealing direct with the manufacturer.

If I started ruling manufacturers out based on bad experiences highlighted by YouTube outlets, there would be no one left to buy parts from.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think ASUS still make some of the best high end hardware, be it monitors, graphics cards or motherboards.

I tend to purchase from retailers with good customer service and returns policies so I don’t have to end up dealing direct with the manufacturer.

If I started ruling manufacturers out based on bad experiences highlighted by YouTube outlets, there would be no one left to buy parts from.

Yeah I mentioned if I wanted to buy their gear I would go Amazon as they have always helped me out on the rare occasion things went wrong. But still, there is the ASUS tax which I do not like paying :D

I won't rule them completely out, my next mobo could be ASUS, but they could be a lot more desirable (to me anyway) if they valued their customers more.

Soldato
Thankful I've never owned an Asus product after that exposé

I've had soooooooooo many issues with Asus in the past that now thankfully I am Asus free. Mix in the declining build quality and declining material quality of their products and Asus are 1 to definitely avoid like a woman at the club who is well known for giving out free doses of the clap.

I don't know, Build and material quality in the last couple of years seems to have gone down with Asus.

Last edited:
Soldato
24 should be fine, the ampere high end did have nvlink which ada doesnt (if you chose to add another card which might be cheaper than hoping a 5090 is sub 2k). :)

Unfortunately when i built my new PC back in December I chose the AsRock Z790 Nova which only has one Gen5 Slot, otherwise, I would have gone for 2 x 3090's. So I'm stuck on single cards. The 4090 is nice on 8B, 11B, 13B and 20B models. But I want to run 70 and 120b models without crashing to 0.5T/s :cry:

I mean they still run, but it's pretty damn slow

Back
Top Bottom