• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

yep seems to be so far but only been using it for 48 hrs so needs more time to be sure but so far so good, it will hard crash if i go to +1850 but can run from +1600 to +1800 and it will run but will start to artifact the higher you push it ... at 1800 all sorts or weird stuff happens like black holes appearing on screen :cry: from +1500 to +1600 seems stable so just backed it off to +1500 and seeing how it goes :)
Unbelievable. I did it and kept the quiet bios fan curve and ran timespy extreme stress test and was stable.

I have been away for a while from the computing scene ever since the crazy scalping and gfx card prices, decided to get ps5.

I have returned because I want to build a new pc but the 4090 prices are even more ridiculous than the 3090 lol

at this rate a 5090 will cost £3000 RRP.

having said that Nvidia have delivered what I would say is a true 4k card. Hopefully AMD can compete with 4090.

I have been away for a while from the computing scene ever since the crazy scalping and gfx card prices, decided to get ps5.

I have returned because I want to build a new pc but the 4090 prices are even more ridiculous than the 3090 lol

at this rate a 5090 will cost £3000 RRP.

having said that Nvidia have delivered what I would say is a true 4k card. Hopefully AMD can compete with 4090.

Or the 4080 would still be good if the RT is better this gen

Didnt try too hard but got 21067 on time spy extreme graphics score https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/81228282?

More interested to see what I can get stable with stock quiet bios fan curve.

This is the result thus far...

20221017_230759.jpg

An imo incredible stable 3ghz on clock and +1500 on memory.

They only offer 2 option 3x 8pin or 4x 8 pin , both will easily supply 600w so i went for the 3x 8pin as i want less wires not more :cry:

i thought cablemod said their 16 to x3 was for 450w tdp and the 4x8 pin was for 600w, or are the cables stupid and just send 600w if requested anyway?

I'm not saying 3 cables couldnt handle 600w, just that I thought I read cablemod specifically said the 3x8 pin cable version was for 450w only. Corsair's 16 pin to 2x8 pin says its rated for 600w

Last edited:
i thought cablemod said their 16 to x3 was for 450w tdp and the 4x8 pin was for 600w, or are the cables stupid and just send 600w if requested anyway?

I'm not saying 3 cables couldnt handle 600w, just that I thought I read cablemod specifically said the 3x8 pin cable version was for 450w only. Corsair's 16 pin to 2x8 pin says its rated for 600w
  • DON’T PCI-E PORTS ONLY PROVIDE UP TO 150W PER PORT? HOW IS IT THAT A 3 X 8-PIN CABLE CAN BE SUFFICIENT TO POWER GPUS THAT REQUIRE UP TO 600W AT PEAK?​

In truth, an 8-pin PCI-e port on modern PSUs can supply over 300W of power each (up to 342W, depending on model). Thus, two 8-pin PCI-e ports are more than enough to provide the required 600W. We provide both 3 x 8-pin and 4 x 8-pin versions of this cable for extra redundancy.

From their FAQ :)

Wow, it is amazing how badly Nvidia misjudged the power draw design for these cards and how in reality they are way more efficient than the 3090. I guess I will be fine with my 850w PSU then!

In terms of case if I need a new one then the Phantek 600S is looking like a strong candidate, however I will try to see if removing a front fan and keeping the side panel off will do the trick with my 500DX for now. :)

Far better for them to recommend a larger PSU than required, verses the outrage if it were the other way around :D

I'd be interested in hearing your feedback on the cablemod cable. I was hovering over the buy button but remembered a) I don't own a 4090 and b) it seemed expensive for what is effectively a PSU cable :O

Hoping for a FE drop soon. Was online for launch day and decided on the FE for the current waterblock support but then stock instantaneously vanished and I didn't want to pay £lol pricing for an AIB with a waterblock that may not be available for 6+ months.

Back
Top Bottom