• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Just saw on my outer shipping box for my 4090 FE that it was shipped to the Uk on 11th September, no 190 out of 200 from HK. That might not have been the only shipment to the UK but looks like UK got at least 200 4090FE. But how many have them were held back for the GFE purchase?

Just saw on my outer shipping box for my 4090 FE that it was shipped to the Uk on 11th September, no 190 out of 200 from HK. That might not have been the only shipment to the UK but looks like UK got at least 200 4090FE. But how many have them were held back for the GFE purchase?

Even if there were only 200 available to purchase they would have reserved some for GFE purchase + some % for RMA bringing the real total down massively.

I think this is my issue with the launch as it feels very underhand really (GFE). Nvidia have effectively ring-fenced cards with a supplier who shows as "out of stock" only to then invite customers through the back door o buy from that very same supplier. Plus it feels like every tech reviewer and their younger brother got sent an FE for review, even the small channels had them whilst joe public have no chance.

Not jealous at all :p:D

Even if there were only 200 available to purchase they would have reserved some for GFE purchase + some % for RMA bringing the real total down massively.

I think this is my issue with the launch as it feels very underhand really (GFE). Nvidia have effectively ring-fenced cards with a supplier who shows as "out of stock" only to then invite customers through the back door o buy from that very same supplier. Plus it feels like every tech reviewer and their younger brother got sent an FE for review, even the small channels had them whilst joe public have no chance.

Not jealous at all :p:D

If there was only 200 in the UK at launch then I don't call that a big release IMO.

I do agree with the GFE system though. Avoids bots and allows people who at least have a 10 series or above to upgrade hassle free.

It's a good idea in principle but with it being such a small launch it feels a bit of a cheap move to hold some back artificially.

Now if they shipped the GFE cards direct from nvidia and didn't get taken out of the pool from region-specific suppliers I'd consider that "fairer".

It's a good idea in principle but with it being such a small launch it feels a bit of a cheap move to hold some back artificially.

Now if they shipped the GFE cards direct from nvidia and didn't get taken out of the pool from region-specific suppliers I'd consider that "fairer".

Thing is if they had put them all up for sale on launch day they would have lasted a few seconds more than the 10 seconds you had to select and check out so hardly anybody would have got one anyway.

The big issue was only having 200 or whatever low number FEs allocated to the Uk for launch. Should have been at least a 1000, ideally 5,000

It is a good idea but will only be fair if they actually offer cards to previous customers and not just pull them out of a hat.

They are pulled out of a hat but only to previous customers. You have to have at least a 10 series card in your system to qualify.

Obviously they cant email and offer it to every owner of a 10 series of above card if they only have 200 cards and that is 100,000 people.

Managed to get into some games of Warzone last night, however it was crashing after about 15-20 mins - just total lock up and no option but to restart. Had a quick look at the crash dump file but nothing obvious, wonder if the frame rate needs capping as it was averaging over 200FPS!

Managed to get into some games of Warzone last night, however it was crashing after about 15-20 mins - just total lock up and no option but to restart. Had a quick look at the crash dump file but nothing obvious, wonder if the frame rate needs capping as it was averaging over 200FPS!
Only time I have had that is when overclock setting are to high , will crash freeze and need a reset . Is this happening with the card as stock or have you manually overclocked it ?

If it isn't temperatures then could be likely power delivery. Put your specs in your sig to help people give you troubleshooting advice without having to ask you for your specs.

I had a couple of games on BF2042 last night but the game crashed twice after about 15 mins of playing. Any ideas what it could be? I hardly play it which is a shame as there is such a good game in there but DICE really have kicked us PC users in the nuts which is shameful considering we are who made this franchise what it is. No joystick support is frankly an insult.

11 out of 200 here, same date. Totally insane if the UK only got 200 FE total for launch day.

Last edited:
If there was only 200 in the UK at launch then I don't call that a big release IMO.

I do agree with the GFE system though. Avoids bots and allows people who at least have a 10 series or above to upgrade hassle free.
it could be used for good or for bad, system is very open to abuse without a stated policy

good imho would look like : GFE has an Nvidia GPU & can see they run games regularly over 12months aka they are a PC gamer
bad would like : GFE has a 3090Ti and we want to target those mugs 1st or we don't take into account a user that doesn't play games aka they are a professional that should be buying Quadro's

At least GFE orders ensure that:
a) only real Nvidia fans get price gouged at launch
b) that they are only getting gouged directly by Nvidia themselves and not by scalpers :cry:

I am fairly confident prices will come down a few £100 in the next 4 months once AMD launches their RDNA 3 cards.

I'm not. The 4090 is the flagship and will stay there. The 3080's may well come down once RDNA 3 launches.

Back
Top Bottom