• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Would anyone be able to grade the controllers..

And I am confused if the zotac airo is superior/inferior to the founders edition?

some more gpus have been added to the table the zotac trinity and gigabye waterforce are looking funny.. how can they even justify a premium over a founder's edition, nvidia should be just going for the kill

Anybody else with a Gigabyte Aorus card and can't get any RGB working?
Nope but I've got an inno3d Ichill X3 4090 that the RGB software doesn't work and previous to that which I swore to myself after getting the Zotac 3080 Trinity I would never buy Zotac again because of that problem and the build quality was cheap, Flimsy backplate and the RGB on that Zotac was PITA! Needed firmwares that never worked everytime you messed around in their crappy Firestorm software made all the RGB go off you had to keep reflahsing the firmware to get it working again, Never seen anything like it.

And here I am with a different brand and the RGB software doesn't work yet again lol, What is it with these GPU RGB software devs? Never have this issue with my Corsair QL setup it just works as intended.

i ran it without lowering anything for a good few hours in games and such just to test but since i have a new psu on the way i lowered power limit to 80 as i seen there is very little performance drop by doing this and even less power draw from the psu

the case is a lian li dynamic mini snow edition
Wow, it is amazing how badly Nvidia misjudged the power draw design for these cards and how in reality they are way more efficient than the 3090. I guess I will be fine with my 850w PSU then!

In terms of case if I need a new one then the Phantek 600S is looking like a strong candidate, however I will try to see if removing a front fan and keeping the side panel off will do the trick with my 500DX for now. :)

some more gpus have been added to the table the zotac trinity and gigabye waterforce are looking funny.. how can they even justify a premium over a founder's edition, nvidia should be just going for the kill
Damn, I am on the fence for returning my Trinity OC...
Weighing pros & cons.
Pros:
-I want to watercool and block on Ali is very cheap(£100 inc. VAT, should dispatch 22/10)
-I want to watercool and there are no void warranty stickers
-Coil whine is inaudible with closed case(much better than my 3090fe)
-Boosts to 2950MHz(+250Mhz on core)
-5 year warranty which may be a factor when selling
-I have it in hand, would have to wait for any other
-Price difference vs FE is negligible taking into account the waterblock price difference

Cons:
-garbage power delivery, worst pcb out of all 4090(bar one odd Gigabyte and Inno3d)
-quite modest power limit(495W) but I doubt I would go any higher with only 3x360 radiators
-Zotac resale value is probably worse than FE or TUF which I would be aiming for
-FOMO of paying almost 2 grand and having such badly designed pcb ;)

What would you do?

Weighing pros & cons.
Pros:
-I want to watercool and block on Ali is very cheap(£100 inc. VAT, should dispatch 22/10)
-Price difference vs FE is negligible taking into account the waterblock price difference

Cons:
-garbage power delivery, worst pcb out of all 4090(bar one odd Gigabyte and Inno3d)
-quite modest power limit(495W) but I doubt I would go any higher with only 3x360 radiators
-Zotac resale value is probably worse than FE or TUF which I would be aiming for

What would you do?
Has it made your gaming experience any better than what you had, if not then return it.

Weighing pros & cons.
Pros:

Cons:

What would you do?

My zotac amp does not reach 2950MHz.
So be happy.

What game\test did it do that in?

My rgb was going screwy as well, just for my motherboard and case lighting, a removal and reinstall of that pos asus armory crate fixed things, god i hate that app, so clunky and slow.
Thanks for this , now working all as it should .. no idea why it needed a reinstall but hay ho its working perfectly now :D

Nope but I've got an inno3d Ichill X3 4090 that the RGB software doesn't work and previous to that which I swore to myself after getting the Zotac 3080 Trinity I would never buy Zotac again because of that problem and the build quality was cheap, Flimsy backplate and the RGB on that Zotac was PITA! Needed firmwares that never worked everytime you messed around in their crappy Firestorm software made all the RGB go off you had to keep reflahsing the firmware to get it working again, Never seen anything like it.

And here I am with a different brand and the RGB software doesn't work yet again lol, What is it with these GPU RGB software devs? Never have this issue with my Corsair QL setup it just works as intended.
Quick question - have you noticed any coil whine on your inno3d ichill 4090?

CB2077/Timespy/Timespy Extreme all able to reach 2950 stable. Anything more crashes, hard wall.
Have you maxed out the voltage ? I must say i am very happy with my Zotac and seems i got very lucky as the core will boost to 3135Mhz and memory to 12002 , i know its not the best pcb out there but does it really matter ? If it decided to go pop for whatever reason then you have a 5 year warranty and will get another one but for 99% of people playing games will not notice any difference between a top of the range aib pcb and a budget imo , also i went full out last gen and got the Strix which was a stunning card / pcb and caused me no issue but boy did it squill like a pig with coil whine where as my budget zotac is silent no matter what i throw at it :)

Back
Top Bottom