• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
Well, to end my saga, after I was told my Palit would be a week delayed I just said screw it and ordered a Gigabyte Gaming OC which should arrive tomorrow. It's £60 extra but in the top tier of cards and meant to have low fan noise and low coil whine, in addition to the 4 years warranty and 600w power limit which should help resale value too. I just want to play Skyrim VR at max eye candy at 90fps now and I'm not prepared to wait any longer. :p

Interestingly it seems supply of 4090's has really ramped up and they are pretty much now constantly in stock in the Eurozone. I guess demand has tapered out, mixed with increased sales of other cards.

Soldato
Well, to end my saga, after I was told my Palit would be a week delayed I just said screw it and ordered a Gigabyte Gaming OC which should arrive tomorrow. It's £60 extra but in the top tier of cards and meant to have low fan noise and low coil whine, in addition to the 4 years warranty and 600w power limit which should help resale value too. I just want to play Skyrim VR at max eye candy at 90fps now and I'm not prepared to wait any longer. :p

Interestingly it seems supply of 4090's has really ramped up and they are pretty much now constantly in stock in the Eurozone. I guess demand has tapered out, mixed with increased sales of other cards.

Price drops incoming

Caporegime
The €1850 FE is never in stock.

Funny how things have changed, used to be everyone went for the aib card price be damned as the FE cooler was barely adequate. Now nvidia are making good coolers people are shunning the aib cards and wanting the FE.

Last edited:
Associate
It helps that the cooler is smaller than the AIB cards as well. It would be the main reason I'd get an FE if I could - otherwise I'd be paying more for a non-FE card, and buying a new case to boot!

Associate
Funny how things have changed, used to be everyone went for the aib card price be damned as the FE cooler was barely adequate. Now nvidia are making good coolers people are shunning the aib cards and wanting the FE.

Used to be the FE came out first and cost more than entry-level AIBs too, it was like a special "advanced purchase" for those who wanted to get ahead of the game and were OK spending a bit more to do that.

With the 3xxx series it was the only way to get one anywhere near MSRP. All changed I guess.

Caporegime
Price drops incoming
They already did drop, check OCUK prices of Gigabyte etc!

They need to. 4090s ARE instock in Switzerland and Germany but are minimum €2150. The €1850 FE is never in stock.
In Switzerland prices are currently minimum 1850-1900EUR for in stock cards, Germany is 10%+ more expensive!

Last edited:
Associate
They already did drop, check OCUK prices of Gigabyte etc!

In Switzerland prices are currently minimum 1850-1900EUR for in stock cards, Germany is 10%+ more expensive!
The Swiss prices are EXTREMELY stock dependent. When they haven't sold any for a while the prices creep down towards 1900 CHF but as soon as they run low they shoot back up to 2200 CHF :p

I gave up waiting and got a 4080 Ventus (nicest looking IMO) for 1330 CHF (120 under RRP) when it was temporarily reduced due to folks not buying. But most 4080s are still going for over 1400 CHF, 1500+ CHF for those that are in stock :cry:

Caporegime
The Swiss prices are EXTREMELY stock dependent. When they haven't sold any for a while the prices creep down towards 1900 CHF but as soon as they run low they shoot back up to 2200 CHF :p

I gave up waiting and got a 4080 Ventus (nicest looking IMO) for 1330 CHF (120 under RRP) when it was temporarily reduced due to folks not buying. But most 4080s are still going for over 1400 CHF, 1500+ CHF for those that are in stock :cry:
Cards are now regularly in stock since a couple of weeks... MSI Trio and similar class cost around 1930chf and MSI Suprim and Gigabyte Gaming OC cost 1999chf. You can check on Toppreise. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Cards are now regularly in stock since a couple of weeks... MSI Trio and similar class cost around 1930chf and MSI Suprim and Gigabyte Gaming OC cost 1999chf. You can check on Toppreise. :)
Yeah sorry, I excluded the gaming X Trio from my searches as I just cannot stand the shape, let alone the RGB :cry:

Most of those are preorders for a few months ahead

Last edited:
Caporegime
What was wrong with Suprim? Coil whine annoys me but I don't hear it when I am gaming unless the game goes silent for some reason.
Nothing per se mate, was just the worst of the 4090s I tried. Does not mean it was bad tbf, just had the worse temps, saggiest cooler, worst looking RGB and most importantly, the unusable RGB software for me when I had it. Tried clean Win 10/11 OS installs and it wouldn't work on either, plus it was stuck at 450W although the latter would have been changeable via a BIOS update which I was not aware of at the time. It only came with a 3x8pin too and the adapter mine had didn't click in properly. No issues with it burning up though luckily.

Back
Top Bottom