• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
I get the same problem. I want to run two monitors at different refresh rates but if I turn one off for any reason and then back on, Windows forgets my setting and goes to the setting on the monitor that was on all the time. The only solution for me is to run both monitors at the same refresh rate. Fortunately they can do that.
I'm having a sort of similar issue to this.

I've got my new 4090 FE connected to the same 4 screens my old GTX1080 was running. One of those is an old-ish 1440p BenQ screen. It worked fine with my old Win 10 PC but for some reason on Win 11 it needs to be set to 59Hz to not have a weird intermittent flicker at the top left of the screen. Annoyingly though it seems Win 11 resets the screen every time the PC turns on back to 60Hz, which the display considers it's optimum rate.

Going to need to find a way to get it to not do that as that will get old real quick.

Associate
I'm having a sort of similar issue to this.

I've got my new 4090 FE connected to the same 4 screens my old GTX1080 was running. One of those is an old-ish 1440p BenQ screen. It worked fine with my old Win 10 PC but for some reason on Win 11 it needs to be set to 59Hz to not have a weird intermittent flicker at the top left of the screen. Annoyingly though it seems Win 11 resets the screen every time the PC turns on back to 60Hz, which the display considers it's optimum rate.

Going to need to find a way to get it to not do that as that will get old real quick.
I had the same thing resolved it with creating a custom resolution and use that. I found how to do it on another forum, let me know if you want me to link you the details

Associate
I had the same thing resolved it with creating a custom resolution and use that. I found how to do it on another forum, let me know if you want me to link you the details

Thanks I probably came across the same page when trying to figure this out. I've got one of those setup as well in the Nvidia control panel. That by itself didn't resolve the flickering though, had to change it in the Win 11 advanced display settings as well.

Associate
Ah, well there’s the problem! :p
Ha, not wrong! I went to Windows 11 but it screwed around with my sound setup when I was trying to get surround sound downstairs. Need to stay on it for as long as possible before I'm forced into buying a soundcard - Wouldn't mind buying one, but the volume controls didn't work properly via the TV. Either way, it's up and down the stairs for me!

Caporegime
Guys I ordered Palit Gamerock OC for £1700 and have now found an ASUS TUF OC for £1777 which would be useful with the 2x HDMI 2.1 ports. Does the ASUS TUF have any real downsides like coil whine or is it a good deal for that price over the Palit? :)

EDIT - I see the TUF has pretty bad coil whine... not good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys I ordered Palit Gamerock OC for £1700 and have now found an ASUS TUF OC for £1777 which would be useful with the 2x HDMI 2.1 ports. Does the ASUS TUF have any real downsides like coil whine or is it a good deal for that price over the Palit? :)

EDIT - I see the TUF has pretty bad coil whine... not good.

Think most AIB do, my Suprim X does BUT unless I game with no sound (???) I don't hear it above my speakers and the PC is about 80cm to my right. When I first installed it I thought no way am I keeping it, but even on low volume that I'd never use it becomes inaudible.

Unlike you with the AMD card you mean:cry:.

I don’t need to save money, but as you stated the majority of people on here like to save money, so if I can help someone that’s my good deed done.

Stop faffing around and buy a decent card. Pointless trying to go for the cheaper option all the time, as you’ve already found out.

See, took your advice, got a noisy coil whine card! Didn't have that with my AMD, but that's because it spent most it's time giving me black screens and driver time outs :D Can't win.

Last edited:
Associate
@Gibbo just wanted to know if there is any eta on the white asus rog strix 4090 as i seen its now showing as coming soon on the store page, i currently have the zotac 4090 oc trinity but have an all white build so will be passing it on to my brother and picking 1 of these up when available thanks

Back
Top Bottom