• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
Nice one. I'm so happy to be back in Nvidia camp. Not had one flickering display, black screen with driver time out or any other nonsense I got with the AMD card. Never again (probably).
I also prefer the much less bloated overlay. In fact, I can't think of anything I don't prefer over the AMD stuff.
The only problem I still have with Nvidia is this damn "login screen on wrong screen" when I wake up from sleep with my dual monitor display. Instead of appearing on my primary screen (Displayport) the logon screen goes to my (HDMI and powered off) living room TV every damn time, meaning I have to pull out and plug in the cable to get it back on the displayport. I am not sure of the exact root cause of this, or if its a Windows 10 thing, but it drives me nuts.

Associate
Hmm, I think mostly they're optimising use of tensor cores, ie optimising AI, rather than AI optimising. Then they're possibly using AI (offline) to optimise Geforce Now recommended settings (just a faster way to parameter scan). Neither are especially ground breaking.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour

Technically speaking, artificial intelligence is already implemented into current GPU drivers, but the scale and purposes may not be broad. It is claimed that further AI optimizations may be added to the graphics driver focusing on “instructions, throughput, hardware utilization, threading, settings”.

Man of Honour
I've used a few bits of software/drivers which are "AI" optimised using machine learning and the results are usually not very good - gains in performance/efficiency usually come with negatives such as big drops if your usage patterns don't nicely fit with the average person, etc. or things flaking out at random.

Associate
If 4060ti will be based on AD106 there's no gap for another variant unless they decide to honour 4060ti on a 104 chip. Mobile 4090 based on AD103, 4080 AD104 and 4070 AD106. They may be mobile 4080ti and 4070ti

Soldato
The only problem I still have with Nvidia is this damn "login screen on wrong screen" when I wake up from sleep with my dual monitor display. Instead of appearing on my primary screen (Displayport) the logon screen goes to my (HDMI and powered off) living room TV every damn time, meaning I have to pull out and plug in the cable to get it back on the displayport. I am not sure of the exact root cause of this, or if its a Windows 10 thing, but it drives me nuts.

Don't have dual screen currently but that sounds bloody annoying.

Associate
Slightly similar issue I have when dual screening is one screen (main monitor) is 144hz, other is 60hz. When deactivating monitor to go to TV, no problem. When deactivating TV to go back monitor it stays at 60hz and doesn't revert to 144hz.

Also sometimes, when turning the monitor off, nvidia forgets the monitor exists, meaning that to use monitor instead of TV involves going upstairs, turning monitor on, going downstairs, switching screen, then going back up again to confirm. Not as irritating as having to plug/unplug a cable each time, but still...

Soldato

NVIDIA has reference design for RTX 4070 and possibly RTX 4060 Ti as well

Last edited:
Soldato
Slightly similar issue I have when dual screening is one screen (main monitor) is 144hz, other is 60hz. When deactivating monitor to go to TV, no problem. When deactivating TV to go back monitor it stays at 60hz and doesn't revert to 144hz.

Also sometimes, when turning the monitor off, nvidia forgets the monitor exists, meaning that to use monitor instead of TV involves going upstairs, turning monitor on, going downstairs, switching screen, then going back up again to confirm. Not as irritating as having to plug/unplug a cable each time, but still...

I get the same problem. I want to run two monitors at different refresh rates but if I turn one off for any reason and then back on, Windows forgets my setting and goes to the setting on the monitor that was on all the time. The only solution for me is to run both monitors at the same refresh rate. Fortunately they can do that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom