• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
But Nvidia can do it - just look at how many here will buy because of the price. Like with Apple phones. The media just joins and as usual ignores the pricing too and justifies another price increase and go 20/10.

Then see the same media moan when the mainstream options look poor value.
The Apple phone model is y = x + 5% with a price hike. Basically what Nvidia did with Turding. This, yep price hike here too, but the performance is indeed impressive. Aimed at those with high refresh 4ks (the types who buy OLED TVs as their monitor). I suspect this forum over indexes on those types. It might seem like it's going to sell a bucket load but it only will within this cohort. Everyone else won't be inclined to buy one of these.

Caporegime
DLSS 3 is what will win me over in truth.

That and ray tracing performance trumps all over ampere from looks of it. Check the RTX thread as some benches there of 3090ti vs 4080 16gb, essentially looks like 4080 will be better than ti overall in raster by a small margin but when it comes to RT (especially ones with SER optimisation), the gap will be larger.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Apple phone model is y = x + 5% with a price hike. Basically what Nvidia did with Turding. This, yep price hike here too, but the performance is indeed impressive. Aimed at those with high refresh 4ks (the types who buy OLED TVs as their monitor). I suspect this forum over indexes on those types. It might seem like it's going to sell a bucket load but it only will within this cohort. Everyone else won't be inclined to buy one of these.

The problem its ominous when a 104 series die which is barely 300MM2 is going for over £900. It was bad enough when the 104 series dies became a 80 series dGPU,but now they are selling for 80TI/90 series type money. The RTX4080 12GB has under half the CUDA cores of the RTX4090. An RTX4070 is most likely going to be a 10GB card with a £700+ price.

The next 60 series dGPU will have a die probably close to 200MM2,probably only 8GB of VRAM,and be well over £500 which is insanity. There is going to be a severe performance stagnation(outside RT benchmarks) I suspect. If AMD does not have something that is better value for money under £1000,I really don't know how these prices will be maintained with Europe entering a severe recession(due to lack of energy) and a global recession because of rising commodity prices,and higher and higher interest rates.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom