• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Like the 7000 launches, I doubt these are going to fly off the shelves. This is a niche product for 4K gamers on PC, and for people who need one for work. Looked at the AMD CPU's on OCUK store yesterday, all appeared to be in stock...5000 series flew off the shelves, for some months. I assume AMD will also make the mistake of pricing their new GPUs into the stratosphere. AMD and NVIDIA are both in for a shock, no mining to sell off to on the side this time.

I look forward to hearing on the sales figures for RTX 4000 SERIES.

They deserve it really. They are more worried about the accountants and big investment firms,than their target markets especially as they are pricing the models based on a tiny sub 300MM2 dGPU for over £900.Might take a year at least to sink in though!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Weird so many reviewers keep giving percentage compared to 3090ti numbers instead of the comparable card, the 3090. 3090 it's 80-100% improvement in most cases at 4K/Max. As I 3090 owner I guess I find that number more meaningful, but comparing to 3090ti makes no sense to me at all. It's just confusing.

Yeah same for me, Im looking at 80-100% gain plus DLSS3. Worth the upgrade for the next few years. Never regretted getting my 3090 at launch. Had 2 years of fun on it.

Soldato
They have gotten greedy because they have tried to indicate to investors,that the one off pandemic spending boom and mining,are repeatable. Lots of people were trapped at home,many got stimulus money,etc so spent their money on new PCs. Lots of people brought forward new PC purchases due to work from home and so did companies. Now the world is opening up,people are spending the money on actually going out and don't need a new PC. That is on top of the economic problems.

Another issue is PC gaming revenue is also declining. Not only as more people go out(instead of game),there has been a clamp down on gaming in the Chinese market,Russia is now out and Europe is going to have a rocky immediate future.

So as their shares tank,they are desperately trying to prop up margins for their shareholders. Just look at the AMD and Intel financial results so far.
This, exactly this mate! i was in the same boat, our holiday got cancelled, we got 2.5k back from Virgin and with nowhere to go and nothing to do what better than to spend it on technology we can use and tame boredom while locked at home..

I don't have this luxury now though, with rise in interest rates and mortgage coming up for renewal and the prospect of paying a crap load more on interest on my mortgage im cutting spending rather than spending more right now. There's so many things that are happening that aren't in the working peoples best interest, we really ought to look further ahead in the future rather than spending what you have now.

Could say the same for AMD and intel Share prices of as late, it paints a bigger picture.

Soldato
And why would one do that? Debauer shown efficiency graphs and there is almost a flat line above 350W up to 450W. This card is already pushed way too hard by the looks of it, with power use, which give only about 5% performance uplift above 300W-330W. Pushing it to 600W would likely achieve absolutely nothing aside just increasing your electricity bill.
I think you quoted the wrong person

Caporegime
If the 4090 is 45% faster than the 3090Ti, and it is....

How fast are we expecting the 4080 12GB to be with less than half the shaders and half the memory bandwidth?

I'm thinking somewhere around an RX 6800XT, for £950.

Soldato
This, exactly this mate! i was in the same boat, our holiday got cancelled, we got 2.5k back from Virgin and with nowhere to go and nothing to do what better than to spend it on technology we can use and tame boredom while locked at home..

I don't have this luxury now though, with rise in interest rates and mortgage coming up for renewal and the prospect of paying a crap load more on interest on my mortgage im cutting spending rather than spending more right now. There's so many things that are happening that aren't in the working peoples best interest, we really ought to look further ahead in the future rather than spending what you have now.

Could say the same for AMD and intel Share prices of as late, it paints a bigger picture.

The interest rate increases could easily add £1000s a year to a mortgage! :(

How fast are we expecting the 4080 12GB to be with less than half the shaders and half the memory bandwidth?

But DLSS3 and RaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayTraaaaaaaaaaaacing!

Now think how an RTX4060 will be with its massively cut down 104 series die(or a tiny 106 series die) and being priced at enthusiast level pricing.

Last edited:
Soldato
They deserve it really. They are more worried about the accountants and big investment firms,than their target markets especially as they are pricing the models based on a tiny sub 300MM2 dGPU for over £900.Might take a year at least to sink in though!
Unfortunately people don't care for raw technical data and facts. They see a percentage uplift 60-80% and they are sold with very little knowledge in mind. There's only a small percentage of people who will actually need and make full use of these.

Caporegime
Unfortunately people don't care for raw technical data and facts. They see a percentage uplift 60-80% and they are sold with very little knowledge in mind. There's only a small percentage of people who will actually need and make full use of these.

Its 45%, and while i haven't looked at the reviews yet i bet every single one of them have nothing but positive things to say about that.

Soldato
Under selected conditions. As TPU indicated its less outside those conditions as an average

I mean all of this might be tolerable,if they just didn't price a sub 300mm2 104 series die based Ada dGPU at over £900.

Soldato
Weird so many reviewers keep giving percentage compared to 3090ti numbers instead of the comparable card, the 3090. 3090 it's 80-100% improvement in most cases at 4K/Max. As I 3090 owner I guess I find that number more meaningful, but comparing to 3090ti makes no sense to me at all. It's just confusing.
Does that mean they should be comparing the 4080 12gb to a 3060ti?.

Soldato

All cut price 3000 and 6000 series will look better in comparison

Associate
Personally 4090 price is bad. Speed is great. DLSS 3 looks interesting. Power usage lower than expected, very good FE cooler (quiet and cool). Most interesting is that it's running way into hardcore OC area with 450W, whereas with 300-330W it can retain 95% of the performance. Why did NVIDIA push it that hard, I wonder - are they worried about RDNA3, or something went wrong? Very strange. But also means power limiting it could cut a lot of power use and heat and lose almost no performance at all. Still, that price is... meh. I hoped for bigger performance jump but expected about that. RT perf. at least looks very good.

Back
Top Bottom