• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 5000 series rumoured release is 2025

Soldato
Seems more and more likely

With the news that AMD will be releasing rdna4 with only entry and mid range cards, Nvidia doesn't need a new high end GPU and also with the news out this week that Apple has secured all 3nm supply from Tsmc for the next 12 months means Nvidia can't get 3nm for new GPUs even if they wanted to

So it's less of a case of Nvidia doesn't want to make next Gen GPUs for us and probably more of a case of there is no commercial reason for it and also no ability to manufacture it until 2025

Last edited:
Associate
Seems more and more likely

With the news that AMD will be releasing rdna4 with only entry and mid range cards, Nvidia doesn't need a new high end GPU and also with the news out this week that Apple has secured all 3nm supply from Tsmc for the next 12 months means Nvidia can't get 3nm for new GPUs even if they wanted to

So it's less of a case of Nvidia doesn't want to make next Gen GPUs for us and probably more of a case of there is no commercial reason for it and also no ability to manufacture it until 2025
Apple always gets first dibs, nothing different there.

I was sadly expecting this because of the current sales and not because of AMD even though AMD are likely respinning rdna3 but it's low sales.

It's sad that, we see voting with our wallets and they both decide to pull completely out instead.

Soldato
I don't know why people are getting excited. Every indication is that NVIDIA are not about to relent on pricing.

Having spent much thought on this(!), I think it comes down to the simple fact that NVIDIA don't care about gamers, because the can sell the silicon for many times more to the AI market. In other words, expect the 5000 series to be just as expensive as the 4000 series.

Associate
The other factor was of course: 4090 (AD102) came in at 609mm² right at the beginning. So on 5nm there isn't really much more they could do. And 3nm will be very very expensive even once Apple have had their exclusive.

So the flagship for the 5000 series is problematic. All the other 4000 series cards use tiny, small, and medium dies, so at the cost of margins they could updated those. Might be that 5000 series will be: halo on 3nm, the rest on 5/4nm but with bigger dies.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If next gen they don't improve price for performance in a meaningful way, I may sell my OLED monitor and 3080 Ti, downgrade to something that plays a big enough portion of my steam library and grab a steam deck 2 which should be out by then.

If I had more free time for gaming I could justify the costs. But as it is not paying these silly prices.

Associate
The omission of DP 2.1 from Ada makes me think it's likely there will be a refresh in 2024 even if they don't launch the Rtx 5000 series.

Associate
There's not real need for 5XXX series just now. Nvidia are not shifting bucket loads of 4XXX series as I understand the state of play

Associate
thats exactly why they need a 5000 series, to sell to 4000 series buyers, i get bored of my purchase in two months.. doesn't make much sense unless 3nm yields are too low for a 125 billion transistor monstrosity
churning out graphics card rumors has become a full time job it seems

Soldato
The omission of DP 2.1 from Ada makes me think it's likely there will be a refresh in 2024 even if they don't launch the Rtx 5000 series.

Can't really see it to be honest, They'd just be piling more GPU's onto the already massive amounts not sold and the perf differences would be minuscule if any at all.

Soldato
churning out graphics card rumors has become a full time job it seems

They are all at it now too even the so called respected sites, youtubers etc.. all now passing on fake rumours and MLID BS the channel run on full time made up news.

Seems they are all loosing traffic because of the global economy mess and companies all out to scalp their customers now. Like I said they are all killing the goose that lays the golden eggs with their games. So a self made mess they all now need to live with and as sensible customers we should now not them get away with it.

Also regarding 5000 series coming out in 2025 well 4000 series mid to low end is nothing more than 3000 series performance or worse with the 4 instead of 3 added to their names and lower power use, so 5000 series maybe more of that or 10-15%% increases in performance and 30% increases in price knowing Nvidia.

Anyways so fed up of it all now I have lost total interest in it all now, as a person that has been into computing since 10 years old and this coming from a 50 year old man that works in the industry for over 30 years.. The whole industry has become nothing but greed now and data collection of peoples personal information to sell on to others.. what a mess really.. I feel sorry for the young ones growing up in this world that has been created by the so called good guys of the past that were going to make the world a better place with the technology advancements that will be available to everyone..

Meeh... never believe people/companies when it involves money .. greed always wins ...not the good to mankind and environment protection blaa blaa they sell. All lies and I and others of my age have seen it with their own eyes growing up to where we are now.

Honestly Nvidia can release 5000 whenever and hope they wake up and get rid of that fire hazard power connector too that is a complete joke.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a "5000" series that was just Ada Lovelace as it "should" be in 2024 and then a real next gen the year after. It would seem like a generational leap in some respects.

It would be unlike Nvidia to not do another gen at all, I think they've basically never gone more than two years between gens (at least in terms of naming).

Last edited:
Soldato
They could easily release a 4090ti with all cores and just gimp the drivers so it isnt usable for A6000 work.
They already do that as they don't support Titan or Quadro (A-series) drivers. Also crippled 4090's with the lack of NVLINK, slowly crippling their so called top pro use card more and more each series. They tricked us all really.

They sold a Titan for $999 at the start and we all went no way anyone will buy that and well people did and they even crippled the next Titan cards more and more over time to make them nothing more than GTX/RTX cards and double precision performance went the way of the dodo and one of the so called reasons Titans existed at the start... now they don't have titans but xx90 class without Titan drivers and now no NVLINK too..

So basically nothing more than a gaming card of the past and even back then the top card xx80's as they were known had the full chip unlocked ... GTX 580 anyone remember and cards before that and the mess started when GTX600 came out and Nvidia started to take us all for a ride and the scam naming they started to use with the top end cards that were really the smaller dies and in some cases even cut down dies not fully enabled..

Remember when people cried they can never sell $999 Titan ? Welcome to today where Nvidia wants to sell you a 4080 really a 4070 for $1200... :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom