• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia 5000 series rumoured release is 2025

Associate
Was thinking that the 2025 release date may be a ruse to sell more 4000 cards as people on the fence wont want to wait that long

That seems to have worked on me. I was going to wait after getting a 4090 with awful coil whine (and returning it) - but have now tried again due to 2 years till the next card.

Soldato
More money less performance possibly? Very nice refinement if AMD pull their high end.
Going by rumours, amds next high end card will only be good enough to compete with nvidias mid level cards so its not as if amd is pulled out of the high end but getting pushed out by then competitions raw performance increase.
Have to wait and see

Soldato
Going by rumours, amds next high end card will only be good enough to compete with nvidias mid level cards so its not as if amd is pulled out of the high end but getting pushed out by then competitions raw performance increase.
Have to wait and see

Shame really, just means nvidia will take this as a message to charge whatever the hell they want for next gen. Gonna be another s*** show i think, unless they learn from this round.

Soldato
Was thinking that the 2025 release date may be a ruse to sell more 4000 cards as people on the fence wont want to wait that long

Nah they have no reason to release 5000 until 2025, AI is their main money maker and what with AMD pulling out of the high end GPU race they can take all the time they need.

Soldato
Yeah there's so many things it could potentially be... Even more fake frames, neural texture compression, some kind of DLRT where it fakes/enhances the number of rays being cast...

But really I hope it's something ridiculously ambitious and obviously prone to weird artifacts like trying to predict what a game should look like with higher settings than it's actually running at in general.
All of which will be offloaded to the CPU so you'll need a beefy cpu to power all that, but thats fine as Nvidia will keep their lead in benchmarks (and profit margins).

Nah they have no reason to release 5000 until 2025, AI is their main money maker and what with AMD pulling out of the high end GPU race they can take all the time they need.
Except that AMD will likely keep to their 2 year schedule so will like pull ahead at mid range at least and possibly high. Theres no way Nvidia are delaying their next gen no way at all its all a marketing ploy.

Last edited:
Soldato
The 5090 will probably be £2250 but because of the shortage we'll have due to AI and also the fact Jensen will be sending them through the back door to AI companies and scalpers will be flogging the remaining about for ONLY £4750 and "can ship immediately"

Last edited:
Soldato
Scalpers lost this round, can still see some trying to get their money back on Facebook but no ones buying so they gonna be making a loss this time

Seen a few on ebay still trying to flog them for above retail not realising or not bothered that retailers are selling way below what they're trying it for :cry:. They're all hoping and waiting for some magic shortage to appear.

Associate
RIP the only cards with any sort of value are from AMD this generation and price drops from 6000 series :(
You’ve got nerves of steel withstanding the temptation of the 7900xt when there was a deal for £699 a while back and £750 when I had purchased mine (didn’t pay £750- lmao that’s a loooong story…).

I think you’ll find you’ll be ok at 1440p (turn a few settings from ultra to high) till at least the next console gen in 2027.

Last edited:
Soldato
You’ve got nerves of steel withstanding the temptation of the 7900xt when there was a deal for £699 a while back and £750 when I had purchased mine (didn’t pay £750- lmao that’s a loooong story…).

I think you’ll find you’ll be ok at 1440p (turn a few settings from ultra to high) till at least the next console gen in 2027.

Don't need steel of nerves when still happy with current cards performance

Associate
I don't know why people are getting excited. Every indication is that NVIDIA are not about to relent on pricing.

Having spent much thought on this(!), I think it comes down to the simple fact that NVIDIA don't care about gamers, because the can sell the silicon for many times more to the AI market. In other words, expect the 5000 series to be just as expensive as the 4000 series.

Much more expensive is my guess.

Back
Top Bottom