• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
but enough to say with certainty that RDNA 2 is decent and not a bag of rusty spanner’s

Agreed, as 5700XT was *damn* good for such a small chip and does well even against something like a 2080 value-wise. We're just not sure of performance yet, esp as because we don't know how AMD's RT with function (and if it will take much away from rasterization etc).

Associate
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBJaAtYnUKB/

amigodesigns said:
RTX 3080 leak real-time render animation

This is my interpretation of the Nvidia RTX 3080 leak. Modeled in Fusion360 and rendered in real-time with Raytracing (RTX) in Unreal Engine 4.

I think this is incredibly inception (the movie) like thing I've ever done, an RTX 3080 RTX rendered with an RTX 2070 Super on UE4.

#unrealengine4 #rtxon #raytracing #nvidia #rtx #rtx3080 #3080 #realtime #render #leak #animation

Realistic looking speculation.

Soldato
I do hope the 850w PSU I bought in March is gonna be up to the task of powering a RTX 3080!

(I had bought a new case so thought of grabbing a new PSU at the same time. Mine was from 2012 but still going)

I was told at the time 850w was more than enough.

bru

bru

Soldato
With the way the fins in the red area are curved like that air isn't going to be able to travel trough to the other fan.

If the idea is to have a trough flow then it seems badly designed to me. i mean a fan on the back unless it is deeply in bedded, it will makes the card very thick

I'm reckoning its a bad idea and probably completely bogus. but as always only time will tell.

Associate
Yeah I didn't actually look at any videos of that design until now. If it turns out to be real, lol. :)

I'll bite:
  • middle heatsinks that cool down the GPU are passively cooled
  • where are the heat pipes?
  • The PCIE power sockets are coming out the end of the card meaning not enough room in a lot of cases

bru

bru

Soldato

Ok now that looks a bit more sensible, but surely its backwards step as instead of previously using two fans on the major heatsink it would only be the front, bracket end fan that is directly cooling the main heatsink.

I still think it is completely bogus. Anyway, most of the AIB's would ignore this concept anyway. In fact NVidia would probably patent it so other couldn't use it.

bru

bru

Soldato
Yeah I didn't actually look at any videos of that design until now. If it turns out to be real, lol. :)

I'll bite:
  • middle heatsinks that cool down the GPU are passively cooled
  • where are the heat pipes?
  • The PCIE power sockets are coming out the end of the card meaning not enough room in a lot of cases

All very good points.

From the original photo, can somebody work out how long the card is from the length of the fingerless PCie slot. (which I've only just noticed.)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I do hope the 850w PSU I bought in March is gonna be up to the task of powering a RTX 3080!

(I had bought a new case so thought of grabbing a new PSU at the same time. Mine was from 2012 but still going)

I was told at the time 850w was more than enough.
Of course it will! Unless one feeding it silly amounts of power to overclock I see no reason why not.

Soldato
They do not 'have to be better' (I assume you mean faster) than Nvidia' to be a success, they have to be at least almost as good, and cheaper. It's clear that a lot of people are ready to buy AMD if they can deliver competitive performance to Nvidis for a more reasonable price.

Sorry, but, no, Been almost as good and cheaper has been the way they have operated for the 10-12 years. They aren't going to win mindshare by been almost as good. If they haven't the best GPUs at their price level, people will buy the Nvidia card, even if it is more expensive. That has been proven time and time again.

If AMD want success in the GPU market they are going to have give people a reason to change. Giving good Price/performance has only got them a few moral victories but no real change in their mostly decreasing market share.

Back
Top Bottom