• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
OP
I don't know why everyones going to be going for these over the 2s, because of the better RT performance, when they all keep spouting that theres only about 2 games using it, and its utter ****, so theres no bloody point :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't know why everyones going to be going for these over the 2s, because of the better RT performance, when they all keep spouting that theres only about 2 games using it, and its utter ****, so theres no bloody point :p
Not just that, but will get around 2080 Ti performance in a 3070 for half the price of a 2080 Ti which will do me nicely for a long time :D

You and scubes will be dying a little inside each time a new game comes out that gets better driver support on Ampere and Turing being old news :p

Oh and there are a lot of good games coming out with RT in 2020 ;)

Soldato
Not just that, but will get around 2080 Ti performance in a 3070 for half the price of a 2080 Ti which will do me nicely for a long time :D

You and scubes will be dying a little inside each time a new game comes out that gets better driver support on Ampere and Turing being old news :p

See to be honest I think ray tracing is a load of **** as I sayed before I got my card for raw speed don’t give a toss about see my reflections in water load of cack nvidia drivers are kind of **** at the min don’t like the sharping thing at all. Last 2 sets of drivers have given me black screens.

Man of Honour
See to be honest I think ray tracing is a load of **** as I sayed before I got my card for raw speed don’t give a toss about see my reflections in water load of cack nvidia drivers are kind of **** at the min don’t like the sharping thing at all. Last 2 sets of drivers have given me black screens.

While I'd agree that the current implementations are rather **** I can't at all agree with the flack ray tracing is getting - when enough people have support for hardware implementations of it and developers are using it more and understand it better I think people are going to be very quickly changing their tune.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well it is nice seeing so many Nvidia users saying it as it is. Current RTX hardware and games for the most part is a pile of steamy ****.

I think there is only a hand full of people even on this board that would defend that and say how awesome it is in its current form. That guy who made the thread “really getting annoyed with people bashing RTX” comes to mind, forgot his name. Lol. Him and maybe Gregster :D

Soldato
Same reasons I got mine. To be honest I'm not dead set against RT, just the current implementation is a bit poor and the hardware isn't quite there yet. I'm sure it'll have a great future though.

Soldato
RTX in a nutshell.

What do we do when GPUs are already pumping out 100's of FPS at commonly played resolutions?
How do we keep selling cards boss? We have hit a celing of what is needed. People will just keep their 980Ti's and 1080's.

I know, bring out a new feature that gimps GPU's back to 2002 levels!

OK, I've got the feature boss, it gimps amazingly well! Top line cards getting only 40FPS at 1080p LOL You want to see it. Battlefield is unplayable LMAO! We can sell cards for years and years at this rate.

...Only one problem. The new feature doesn't actually look that good. It's not a big enough improvement I worry people will complain its not good enough to warrant their 80% FPS loss.

Ok, I know, show them the new feature on really really old games where it makes a big difference then. Stuff like Quake 2.

Quake 2 boss? for real? That's like a 22 year old game boss, it's older than me, are you joking? no one is going to buy this, they will see right through it. Who is going to get excited by 50FPS in quake 2 for a bit better lighting and shadows.
Come on boss, how thick do you think the public are?

JensenHuangNvidia-580x358.jpg

Soldato

One of the reason for why I'm very reluctant to support team green. That and the leather jacket wearing snake himself.

Permabanned
RTX in a nutshell.

What do we do when GPUs are already pumping out 100's of FPS at commonly played resolutions?
How do we keep selling cards boss? We have hit a celing of what is needed. People will just keep their 980Ti's and 1080's.

OK, I've got the feature boss, it gimps amazingly well! Top line cards getting only 40FPS at 1080p LOL You want to see it. Battlefield is unplayable LMAO! We can sell cards for years and years at this rate.

...Only one problem. The new feature doesn't actually look that good. It's not a big enough improvement I worry people will complain its not good enough to warrant their 80% FPS loss.

Ok, I know, show them the new feature on really really old games where it makes a big difference then. Stuff like Quake 2.

Quake 2 boss? for real? That's like a 22 year old game boss, it's older than me, are you joking? no one is going to buy this, they will see right through it. Who is going to get excited by 50FPS in quake 2 for a bit better lighting and shadows.

They must develop their own closed console and ecosystem, while leaving the PC space.
Their hardware is anyways one black box unknown for everyone, so...

Soldato
RTX in a nutshell.

salty

Back
Top Bottom