• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA - CES 2018

Caporegime
Likewise, again! :p

I was worried about the input lag and motion clarity but it is extremely good in both areas especially when running at 120HZ (in 1080P mode), I haven't even bothered to switched to game mode at all (which further reduces input lag) as I've found no need to.

Only reason I don't use mine for the likes of BF games is because desktop sitting arrangement with M+K is better, if I could use the M+K more comfortably with the TV when on the couch, I doubt I would ever use my monitor for gaming again!

Soldato
Yeah. In games where fluidity is key like BF or Quake Champions for example, I can't imagine anything more jarring than sitting in front of a 65" panel. For games where you're able to stop and bask at the scenery, I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

Definitely expect 2.5K+ price tag. More likely close to 3K.

Soldato
Kind of glad they haven't announced a new batch of GPU's they seem to following the schedule as predicted.. Looks like it will be the GTC at the earliest - March 26-29th then whatever top-tier they announce will most likely get a ti variant early march the year after.

Pretty standard stuff from NVIDIA really, don't know why anyone expected different.. They announced Pascal at GTC 2016, then the 1080ti was released the following 09 march 2017..

Soldato
I'm going from Ti to Titan this time, I'm not wasting my time with the x80 series.

Edit: Just read that post back and it doesn't come across right. What I mean is I'm not buying a x80 just to see the x80Ti get released and then go through the process of switching. I've done that a couple of gens now, and I honestly feel I'd be better with the Titan as it's top performance from the outset.

Isn't Nvidia's way of operating fantastic? I mean it's genius.

Soldato
Pretty much. If the performance is unparalleled they can charge what they want, regardless of what size the die is initially. Never understood that logic. Just because one is privy to a company's road map, they're entitled not to have to pay a premium now?

Only in this industry do you get such mongage.

Soldato
Since the 700 series the best 'performance' option without spending too many £££'s is a xx80ti on launch and skip the Titan and xx70 and xx80.....

Coming from someone who went.... original Titan > 980GTX Sli > 1070 > 1080 > 1080ti!

Man of Honour
Pretty much. If the performance is unparalleled they can charge what they want, regardless of what size the die is initially. Never understood that logic. Just because one is privy to a company's road map, they're entitled not to have to pay a premium now?

Only in this industry do you get such mongage.

If everyone thought like you £3000 would be entry level by now :s now that is mongage.

Back
Top Bottom