** NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 9xx SERIES NOW AVAILABLE INCLUDING OcUK REVIEW!! **

Associate
Gibbo, i know its not your remit but can you check with Damo/Stigbourne to see what is happening with my order?

My company tried to buy vouchers so i can get this for tomorrow but it has taken 2 days and still nothing.

I need....NEED to get this G1 ordered now if i stand any chance of a delivery tomorrow (Northern Ireland)

please help

Andy

Soldato
Asus 970 are in stock but my pre-order is saying 'In our warehouse queue'. All items are in stock, so I hope this means it's just waiting to be packed or something. I can't wait any longer lol.

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, i know its not your remit but can you check with Damo/Stigbourne to see what is happening with my order?

My company tried to buy vouchers so i can get this for tomorrow but it has taken 2 days and still nothing.

I need....NEED to get this G1 ordered now if i stand any chance of a delivery tomorrow (Northern Ireland)

please help

Andy

I really don't understand our deliveries but I'd have thought next day to Ireland is impossible?

But G1 are here, I am going to walk to our warehouse in 10 mins and book them in myself.

Associate
I really don't understand our deliveries but I'd have thought next day to Ireland is impossible?

But G1 are here, I am going to walk to our warehouse in 10 mins and book them in myself.

I can send a package RM Special Delivery next day (inc saturday) to anywhere in UK.

Northern Ireland so still.....UK ;)

Andy

Associate
OMG. 2 days to try and sort out a very simple purchase of a voucher?

Might i suggest that if you are having issues with Amazon pay and vouchers.....that you please PLEASE give people a heads up so they don't have to go through what my poor colleagues in HR have just went through to try and help me get a card for an event I arranged tomorrow?

Game over for me guys....game over.

:(

Associate
So I went ahead and changed my card to the Gigabyte G1 Gaming since the EVGA's look like they wont be in for a long time. OCuK made it really easy. Had to pay an extra £20 but will finally get my card on Monday :D

Associate
Ordered the MSI 970 because I couldnt wait for the ASUS, card turned up today, I have installed the card correctly. Upon powering on I got a low pitch whine, figured it was just due to no drivers installed. Installed latest WHQL's but whine continues to stay at the same tone. Posted on MSI forum and was told to run it in for 24 hours and if it persist's after that to return it. Apparently it's coil whine, the rest of the PC is fine and im running a Seasonic x-650 which is not a great quality PSU (bought from OCUK of course :D)

Soldato
Don't get your hopes up with returning it as a fault, unless it's an extreme circumstance OCUK won't class it as a fault. That said, there is a conflict of opinions on the matter, as Gibbo states that it is a fault, whilst the RMA manager states that it isn't. Try running it in though and see if it improves.

Associate
Well its still within the first 7 days so I will be able to return it via DSR. Upon further testing it seems with v-sync off the whine is audible over all other components in the case even at light loads. Turning v-sync on does eliminate a good amount of the whine but its still present. Apparently this is a known issue with the MSI cards and MSI themselves actually recommend its an RMA'able fault

Last edited:
Associate
Ouch

Update: Confirmed what you said with a very nice OCUK tech on the phone. He was also able to confirm that the coil whine can be considered a non-issue if its within reasonable tolerances. At the moment with this card, its loud when v-sync is turned off and FPS goes above 100. I am limiting the use of the card now to testing before I sent it back to OCUK on Monday for RMA. Going to use heaven benchmark to try and work it in a little to see if it solves the issue.

Last edited:
Associate
Ordered my MSI 970 on the 22nd of September and annoyingly I received one of the ones that didn't come with the free mouse pad, even more annoying to find that people after me did get one and after contacting MSI they said it was only for the first 10,000 customers!, I was like well I was one of them customers I just didn't get the mat but no joy :(

The card works like a charm and I couldn't be happier with it but I would have love the mouse mat sat next to my PC with the card inside!!

Back
Top Bottom