• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Don
@Gibbo
Where are these PNY 3080's mate ?

Was due some time back, you then said 10 where due on tues 3rd nov, that then moved to the end of the week.

Ordered on Sept 17th, im no 4 in the queue 2 month waiting and not a single pny 3080 card has shipped.

The 3090’s are up for sale so I am hoping they are waiting to be booked in!

Associate
I'm betting a bunch of you are on furlough now, so as a student who was working from home anyway I want to give you a word of warning:

you're now going to hate weekends, purely because there's less chance of an update and less cards that become mysteriously available elsewhere. It's a strange, strange feeling waiting for Monday.

Associate
Inno have posted again this morning "We have re-designed the heatsink design for iCHILL X4 to max out cooling performance for serious gamers!"

I have asked Inno for clarification on this, because if they have re-designed the heatsink of the RTX3080 it would explain why only the x2 OC has been shipped.

Associate
Inno have posted again this morning "We have re-designed the heatsink design for iCHILL X4 to max out cooling performance for serious gamers!"

I have asked Inno for clarification on this, because if they have re-designed the heatsink of the RTX3080 it would explain why only the x2 OC has been shipped.

I haven't really followed the Inno cards, out of curiousity have they been seen elsewhere in the world and just not here, or are they MIA everywhere? Might Inno just never have finalized the design and started production, because, uh, that would be really scummy!

Starting to think i would be better off at the back of an msi queue then in the middle of an asus queue

MSI Queues are also in the 1500ish range, so even if they manage to ship 100ish cards every couple of weeks mid-ASUS queues might make it before them... though its sad that that is only a "Might". And I guess that depends on which queue you are in and if ASUS stops their "anything that can manage OC speeds is an OC, screw anyone who ordered non-OC, you get a longer wait and a guaranteed worse card" policy.

Associate

I have checked INNO3D official website, nothing mentioned about this modification.

According to the website:
3070 x3 x4 both have 7 heat pipes
3080, 3090 x3 and x4 have 8 heat pipes

Associate
They recieved 100 Wednesday evening, and another 25 yesterday afternoon, and shipped all those 125 out yesterday. So, still a fair few cancelations ahead of you, but more that shipped. Hopefully MSI keep sending similar size batches over the next few weeks (though, Gibbo hasn't implied any yet, but maybe he is just being even less informative after some batches were delayed getting here).
where do you get that info from please

Associate
where do you get that info from please

On the MSI cards? Yesterday Shovinus who is OC's IT guy was helping out on Discord and looked it up for us. 100 arrived Wednesday night and then shipped out in the morning, then another 25 arrived and made the day of people who thought they'd just missed the shipment.

Those numbers tally with Gibbo's statements that a "Large" shipment was due to leave the factory on 23rd Oct and a "Small" one on 31st Oct. Whether the "Very Large" expected this week was just those two combined, or there are even more coming today/delayed to early next week, we don't know (though personally I suspect that was all of them and we won't see more for a couple of weeks, hope I'm wrong though).

Associate
@Gibbo any updates on the zotac 3080 amp holo. It was released on the 4th and companies are now receiving them and shipping out. Can you please provide your customers with an update for that card as it has been yet to be mentioned
how do you know it was released on the 4th in the UK?

Associate
then you move back to the msi queue ASUS cards start shipping in VERY LARGE quantities :D

which is exactly why I believe we should be allowed to multi-queue. Queue hopping to cut infront of other people is bad but imo, if we ordered on the 17th of September, we should absolutely get a card before someone who orders today *regardless* of the card ordered.

Y'know, like most competitors are already doing because they actually care about their customers just a tiny bit.

Associate
I have checked INNO3D official website, nothing mentioned about this modification.

According to the website:
3070 x3 x4 both have 7 heat pipes
3080, 3090 x3 and x4 have 8 heat pipes

Well that's changed according to the recent posts:

"We have a completely new design for the heatsink design of the iCHILL X3. There are 7 heatpipes, increased heatpipe length and increased surface area to provide an ultimate cooling solution for hardcore gamers."

Back
Top Bottom