• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
All those people who get FEs arriving all of a sudden, how do you do it? Teach me masters!
There is a discord group called Stockdrops. They'll ping you alerts when cards become available. Then you just have to be quick. Plenty of people on there have got lucky, but for the 3080 FE you still need to click within a few minutes to stand a chance. 3090 and 3070 lasted longer last time.

Associate
All those people who get FEs arriving all of a sudden, how do you do it? Teach me masters!

PartAlert on Twitter, just follow and make sure you have notifications turned on. Did this on my phone, alert came in and within 60s I had checked out on the competitor site (helps if you are pre-logged in with the seller, and paypal etc).

Associate
This is a guess but I think anyone after 14:05 won't see a card in September, those before 15:00 maybe October but until we get shipment data for October we are in the dark, that information is requested but it seems it won't be available to the graphics card manufacturers until end of this month.
-Gibbo the day after 3080 Launch.

That guess aged like cheese . I ordered an Eagle at 14:32 and so far only 35 cards have came in and im 13th in the queue still and completely non the wiser as to if il get a card this year even:rolleyes:

Associate
This is a guess but I think anyone after 14:05 won't see a card in September, those before 15:00 maybe October but until we get shipment data for October we are in the dark, that information is requested but it seems it won't be available to the graphics card manufacturers until end of this month.

That guess aged like cheese . I ordered an Eagle at 14:32 and so far only 35 cards have came in and im 13th in the queue still and completely non the wiser as to if il get a card this year even:rolleyes:
Unfortunate, since you ordered so early. It's all down to luck if you picked the right product!

Associate
I saw these underwear on tv that were advertised as being made from bamboo and are suppose to stop chaffing. Apparently they are selling like hot pants.

Order online, i was 1234th in the queue, but you know what they had a big stock shipment and delivered next day.
No waiting, no hanging around forums posing as a gangster.

They smell a bit weird, a bit like I imagine a panda would smell, but I’m Gonna try them tomorrow, will let you know. Chaff free gaming here I come!:eek:

Associate
In your situation I would stay in the OCUK queue knowing it might possibly take a few months of waiting but at the same time be looking to pick up a card that arrives in stock elsewhere, obviously if you don't have the cash reserve to jump on a GPU that becomes available elsewhere then that's when you have a decision to make about cancelling.

That sounds like the best thing to do, thanks.

Associate
FE arrived this morning and just had shipping notification on the TUF. these cards truly are london busses...

Now I've got a decision to make...

(Also the person who said they were position 339? was that a typo, find it a bit... infuriating that none of these cards come in for almost 2 months then like 350+ all at once and without a word from the Almighty @Gibbo?)

Edit: I actually got the email a few hours ago, but I assumed the "your order has been shipped" was just going to be the small thing with 50+ in stock that I ordered last Friday. Alas no, that still hasn't shipped. Not like they could've just thrown it in the same box or something... this company stg

Last edited:
Soldato
FE arrived this morning and just had shipping notification on the TUF. these cards truly are london busses...

(Also the person who said they were position 339? was that a typo, find it a bit... infuriating that none of these cards come in for almost 2 months then like 350+ all at once and without a word from the Almighty @Gibbo?)

Edit: I actually got the email a few hours ago, but I assumed the "your order has been shipped" was just going to be the small thing with 50+ in stock that I ordered last Friday. Alas no, that still hasn't shipped. Not like they could've just thrown it in the same box or something... this company stg

Dibs if you wanna sell one!

Associate

Considering it seems competitors are seeing 300-400 cards a week, even if OCUK could secure an equal amount weekly (which I highly doubt), there were over 8500 outstanding pre-orders at one point. The math isn't hard, so even if all the AIBs ramp up considerably, you're still looking into 2021 for 90% of people I'd say.

Associate

So we've had somewhere between 3 and 339 turn up...

Alas I'm 38 for the TUF Non-OC and can confirm I've not had an email yet :(

Back
Top Bottom