• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Are you guys that are buying cards that come into stock elsewhere paying over MSRP for the cards? Except FE cards of course as I know they go for MSRP.

If so how much extra out of interest? Cheapest cards I can see now are £720, £70 over MSRP.

I might be a tightwad but I'd rather wait that pay extra.

Saying that I should get my card the next Ventus batch. Hoping one comes in this week!

Pretty much same cost as here then, unless you go for Scalpers..

Associate
I really hope OCUK start receiving weekly shipments from EVGA. Having their first shipment as "Extremely small" after 7 weeks waiting is dissapointing. Position 13 doesn't mean much if they don't receive any cards this side of Christmas.

Associate
339 in queue Friday evening and just had shipped email!! Woooo never thought the day was coming
Gibbo has not made any announcements of Asus TUF coming, especially not the non-OC variety.

in fact he has said:
Gibbo said:
Asus none OC cards.
I finally got an official answer from Asus, none OC cards are not discontinued and still very much part of the range, however as cards are hitting OC levels they are prioritising their manufacturing on OC parts at the moment and as they get more GPUs from NVIDIA they will then also product none OC cards, not the best news as it means their focus is OC models but the none OC models will come.

All partners saying same, nowhere near enough GPU's are coming from NVIDIA, however NVIDIA have informed me the numbers are ramping up so November should see things improve but this worldwide shortage will no doubt continue into early 2021.

Are you being serious, or is this a wind-up?

Associate
The stoics had some useful meditations for times like these

“Don’t seek for everything to happen as you wish it would, but rather wish that everything happens as it actually will - then your life will go well.”
Epictetus, Enchiridion 8.

Although I hear Nero was not convinced by the wisdom and when his advisor Seneca reported that his 3080 gpu was to be delayed by almost three months, Nero forced him to committed suicide with a rusty old SCSI interface card.
I’m not sure Gizbo has a classification for a shipment of the order.

I think we had very large and dream. But I think 339 is orgasmatron.
the shock could be too much that's like a whole continents supply:D an orgasmatron it is then? someone else tell Gibbo

Associate
Gibbo has not made any announcements of Asus TUF coming, especially not the non-OC variety.

in fact he has said:

Are you being serious, or is this a wind-up?

I’m not sure how to send attachments in here but I’m as shocked as everyone else , my email on Friday confirmed me as being 339 in the queue , at 17:16 today I received an email saying my order has been shipped

Soldato
I pre-ordered because of how Overclockers UK are saying that they are the most likely retailer to gain stock the quickest. Plus, the fact they're the only retailer taking pre-orders seemed promising.

Should I still be optimistic?
In your situation I would stay in the OCUK queue knowing it might possibly take a few months of waiting but at the same time be looking to pick up a card that arrives in stock elsewhere, obviously if you don't have the cash reserve to jump on a GPU that becomes available elsewhere then that's when you have a decision to make about cancelling.

Associate
I’m not sure how to send attachments in here but I’m as shocked as everyone else , my email on Friday confirmed me as being 339 in the queue , at 17:16 today I received an email saying my order has been shipped

Maybe you ordered something else and that is on its way, there are a large number of customers in front of you for TUF Non OC 3080 including me and brother, no one else got email as yet, otherwise thread would be exploding. Not only would 339 be biggest delivery yet, it would cover at least two to three weeks of deliveries they have been getting of all cards.

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe you ordered something else and that is on its way, there are a large number of customers in front of you for TUF Non OC 3080 including me and brother, no one else got email as yet, otherwise thread would be exploding.

I want to say that it must be some sort of mistake , my order only contains Asus Tuf 3080 and free promotion bundle for watch dogs legion and GeForce now , it’s saying tracking will not be active until after 7pm so just wait and see I suppose

Associate
I want to say that it must be some sort of mistake , my order only contains Asus Tuf 3080 and free promotion bundle for watch dogs legion and GeForce now , it’s saying tracking will not be active until after 7pm so just wait and see I suppose

Also just received my codes for watch dogs legion and GeForce now

Associate
I'm sceptical that this is as it seems.

The first non OC TUF to be shipped and it's a one-off to somebody with a queue position in the three hundreds?

What on Earth is happening?

Associate
it may be that they only got 1 card in and Rascal is one of those few people who's order was mucked up in the system when it got overloaded on launch day. Those orders were placed in the wrong order by the system and had to be manually accounted for. they have a separate list for those orders I think. I think someone said there were 20 or so such orders, so not many. That's the only reason I can think of for no announcement being made for arrival of stock - it was too small to bother mentioning.

Associate
it may be that they only got 1 card in and Rascal is one of those few people who's order was mucked up in the system when it got overloaded on launch day. Those orders were placed in the wrong order by the system and had to be manually accounted for. they have a separate list for those orders I think. I think someone said there were 20 or so such orders, so not many. That's the only reason I can think of for no announcement being made for arrival of stock - it was too small to bother mentioning.

People in that position do not even have a Queue number though, like LastOf and the guy who got the 4th PNY 3080 who appeared and got card instead of darkBytes without being in the Queue.

Back
Top Bottom