• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
ASUS stated quite some time ago that the silicon is binning well so they are able to make more OC than non OC. As they will make more profit from OC, it makes sense that they will make as many as possible and just leave us Non OC hanging out to dry. That is until they get enough non-OC to fill a container and send it by sea as there is no margin to fly. I am guessing that the unpredictability of the binning is making it difficult to publish shipping times. Further to this, they could even be making a tiny margin with the aggressive SRP or even a loss so I doubt that the customers shifting to other manufacturers will concern them too much.

Associate
In the next five days we are also expecting the following:

PNY 3080 - Small amount
Asus 3090 Tuf - small amount
Asus 3090 Strix OC - small amount
KFA2 3090 - Small amount
Palit 3090 Gaming Pro & OC versions - small amount
Zotac 3090 - Very large amount

Asus 3080 Tuf OC - OK amount
Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC - OK amount
Gigabyte 3080 Vision OC - ok amount
Gigabyte 3080 Master - small amount
MSI Ventus 3080 3X - OK amount
Palit 3080 Gaming Pro OC - small amount
Zotac 3080 Trinity OC - OK amount

Asus 3070 dual - small amount
Asus 3070 Tuf OC - ok amount
Asus 3070 Strix - very small amount
Gigabyte 3070 Vision - OK amount
MSI 3070 Ventus 3X - Large amount
Palit 3070 Gaming Pro - Very large amount
Palit 3070 Gaming Pro OC - small amount
Palit 3070 gamerock - very small amount
Palit 3070 gamerock OC - very small amount

:)

Just to make it clear and so I am clear on it

Very small = Less than 10 units
Small = 10-30 units
OK = approx 50 units
Large = 75-100 units
Very large = 100+
Dream = 250+

Hmmmm.... OK = approx 50 units......................... Asus 3080 Tuf OC - OK amount.................... Im 54 in the Queue so i don't know whether to :) or :(

BTW it might be an idea for Gibbo and Gigga to get together and standardize their quantity descriptions so everyone knows what is what..

Still no joy for the TUF None OC brigade :(

Last edited:
Associate
Hello all,

Stock has arrived in to OCUK and should have started to be booked in yesterday and today, you should have seen some movement in the queues. Please see below what was shipped.

GV-N3070AORUS M-8GD = Low teens

GV-N3070EAGLE OC-8GD = High twenties

GV-N3070EAGLE-8GD = Low number

GV-N3070GAMING OC-8GD = Very high number

GV-N3070VISION OC-8GD = High twenties

GV-N3080AORUS M-10GD = Low thirties

GV-N3080EAGLE OC-10GD = Mid teens

GV-N3080EAGLE-10GD = Low number

GV-N3080GAMING OC-10GD = Very High number

GV-N3080VISION OC-10GD = High teens

GV-N3090AORUS M-24GD = Lowe number

GV-N3090AORUS X-24GD = Low number

GV-N3090EAGLE OC-24GD = Very low number

GV-N3090EAGLE-24GD = Low number

GV-N3090GAMING OC-24GD =Low twenties

GV-N3090VISION OC-24GD = Low number
Thanks for the update :D (really hoping that I come within range of the next big drop, 188 in the RTX 3080 Gaming OC queue as of last Friday).

As much as this has been painful at least you have been helping alleviate our concerns and keeping us in the loop. Cheers =)

J.D

J.D

Soldato
I'm 39th in queue for the Zotac non-oc. Could I swap to the OC version?

I'm 22nd. Only 15 Trinity (non OC) cards have shown up at OCuK since the 17th of September.

I ordered 3pm (15:12) launch day and have never been told a thing. Nothing at all. I would like to say to have some hope in OCuK but I'm beginning to get p****d off with getting no info at all. @Gibbo What the hell is happening with my card? Please help with the any info at all. :(

Associate
Could someone explain why giga-mans 3080 vision oc figures say ok=high teens and gibbos say ok=around 50?
Im currently 97 in queue and was very happy when I saw gibbos figures until I saw giga-mans post. How can the two be so different?

Associate
Had my fill of waiting around for faux updates with little to no hope of a card before new year. Have had my refund confirmed yesterday (surprisingly promptly) and managed to snaffle a founders off a a popular auction site today. Once I've sold my 2070 super I wont have paid any more than what I got bumped over the odds by Overclockers for a Ventus, plus I now have a superior version of the 3080. Afraid it will be my last dealing with Overclockers also, as even a swift refund has done little to eradicate what has been an immensely frustrating seven weeks or so.

Associate
At this point as a non-oc TUF buyer is it time to just cancel? It looks like there is zero plans for Asus to make any non-oc cards for the forseeable future and is basically cancelled. Definitely won't be buying from Asus again. I think the many non-oc buyers would like to hear something from Overclockers on this. Two months they've had our money without a peep. I understand they themseleves know very little, but they will have definitely heard something from suppliers to indicate whether any amount of the cards are being made.

Back
Top Bottom