• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Yup, devastating. Still hoping for mine to be delivered with my Watch Dogs: Legion code before it expires at the end of this month (within the first 1000). Currently queue position: 45 and ordered on release day at 14:33. The sad part is other EU competitors have received double the amount needed for me to have the card from my starting position at 70+.

queue position 43 i know exactly how you feel

Soldato
@Giboo Can OCUK offer those of us on the cards that are pretty much nowhere to be seen an avenue to jump to other cards and maintain a similar queue without cancelling? It's ridiculous that the pot luck means that my Zotac 3080 non OC is nowhere to be seen. I know it's not OCUK's fault. I just feel salty that I've pre ordered a card that the manufacturer barely makes.

And how do you plan to do that without others being shoved down the line for their pre orders for that particular brand they chose. Not gonna happen matey wait like the rest of us.

Soldato
@Giboo Can OCUK offer those of us on the cards that are pretty much nowhere to be seen an avenue to jump to other cards and maintain a similar queue without cancelling? It's ridiculous that the pot luck means that my Zotac 3080 non OC is nowhere to be seen. I know it's not OCUK's fault. I just feel salty that I've pre ordered a card that the manufacturer barely makes.

Not happening. You're months too late with that one. They did queue preserving swaps for a few orders very early on. Then realised it was unfair and stopped within a couple of days.

Just luck of the draw. Those waiting on ASUS cards at stock clocks are particularly ******. Thousands on pre-order, zero stock received after nearly 8 weeks. Nvidia and ASUS partner status FTW.

Associate
Not happening. You're months too late with that one. They did queue preserving swaps for a few orders very early on. Then realised it was unfair and stopped within a couple of days.

Just luck of the draw. Those waiting on ASUS cards at stock clocks are particularly ******. Thousands on pre-order, zero stock received after nearly 8 weeks. Nvidia and ASUS partner status FTW.

FWIW I queue swapped really early, my 14:16 order changed from eagle to tuf non-oc. Such a difference it made as either way, I'd of received my card yesterday lol

The only thing I would say though is people who pre-ordered before say the end of sept should be allowed to jump in front of people who ordered in october onwards. I do think it's really unfair that someone could pre-order a card 6 weeks later and still receive it earlier through no fault of the early birds own. We've already seen with the 3090 that if OCUK gets spare stock, they'll just put it up for sale whereas the customer-centric competitor is privately offering their excess stock to other card queues before releasing it.

Associate
Hi guys new here. Is this the right thread for people waiting on info for the gigabyte 3080 vision OC?
Ordered my card October 26th and currently 97th on the list. Is there any info floating around on deliveries or anything?

Don
FWIW I queue swapped really early, my 14:16 order changed from eagle to tuf non-oc. Such a difference it made as either way, I'd of received my card yesterday lol

The only thing I would say though is people who pre-ordered before say the end of sept should be allowed to jump in front of people who ordered in october onwards. I do think it's really unfair that someone could pre-order a card 6 weeks later and still receive it earlier through no fault of the early birds own. We've already seen with the 3090 that if OCUK gets spare stock, they'll just put it up for sale whereas the customer-centric competitor is privately offering their excess stock to other card queues before releasing it.

The only time I would see it as fair is when a surplus of stock happens on one card, this could then be offered to people in other queue's. Appart from that no chance, you took the chances with the card of your choice.

Soldato
Hi guys new here. Is this the right thread for people waiting on info for the gigabyte 3080 vision OC?
Ordered my card October 26th and currently 97th on the list. Is there any info floating around on deliveries or anything?

as of today's post by Gibbo here

Gigabyte 3080 Vision OC - ok amount

Very small = Less than 10 units
Small = 10-30 units
OK = approx 50 units
Large = 75-100 units
Very large = 100+
Dream = 250+

Soldato
The only time I would see it as fair is when a surplus of stock happens on one card, this could then be offered to people in other queue's. Appart from that no chance, you took the chances with the card of your choice.

If I placed my order before you then if I want to switch card you can't really have much ground to complain really ;)

Associate
Wants to start a row.:rolleyes:;)
Thats why swapping was stopped in first place.

You did not pick a numbered ticket to go to desk and choose product, you got a ticket for a specific product.

If you want something else now, you cancel and get a new ticket for your new choice.

Should have been as such from start, that's why a load of complaints ensued when it was happening in the first couple of weeks.

Not a problem offering excess stock say of OC version to those at front end of Non OC queue for a bit extra on what they paid. Just as competitor is doing.

With the state of the Queues here though, I think it unlikely they get any excess stock until well into next year.

Last edited:
Soldato

Lol, Err nope you made your bed when you pre ordered that type of card, wait in line for your order like the rest of us.

Associate
Lol, Err nope you made your bed when you pre ordered that type of card, wait in line for your order like the rest of us.

If you bothered reading, he already swapped in early days and received his card Tuesday, as it happens both of his choices would have been delivered this week in any case.

The second part of his quote is wrong though.

Associate
as of today's post by Gibbo here

Gigabyte 3080 Vision OC - ok amount

Very small = Less than 10 units
Small = 10-30 units
OK = approx 50 units
Large = 75-100 units
Very large = 100+
Dream = 250+

At a push, I would say that 100 is an OK amount, not 50. I'm 1237 in the queue for an ASUS TUF OC, which has gotten an OK amount on today's post by Gibbo.

At this rate the 9080 will be out before I get my card.

Back
Top Bottom