• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
£699 for a 3070???? ;););););) you'd have to be kinda special to pay that....

Honestly, what's going with pricing. I'd hold out for a 3080 FE card and save myself some money
Thats the main reason I'm so ****** at the whole situation I can cancel but then 3070 now more expensive then what I payed for a 3080 . They definitely having a laugh and mugging people off
And apparently not even allowed to type p I s s e d joke this lol
Gibbo gives us a update while at the same time ripping people off for rtx3070! Come on man OCUK!!
It’s ridiculous how OCUK taking advantage of the climate to rip people off! I really hope it comes back to bite them in the future

Associate
These are facts, but you try to downplay them in a lawyerly way which to me makes you little more than a shill, an enabler. I'm sorry if you are unhappy with that, but if the cap fits......

Only one of us is resorting to insults and depending on repetition of assumptions and inferences as fact, so make of it all what you will.

Ultimately I, and I imagine most others here, will be back to buy from OCUK when they have stock of something I need at a price I'm happy with.

I've been buying from here on and off for nearly 20 years and nothing recent will change that, same goes for buying from other places, no retailer deserves loyalty, my spending goes where the stock and the prices dictate.

So when you describe anyone not subscribing to your beliefs and assertions as 'defending' OCUK, consider that it is possible to disagree with you without needing any motivation other than a simple belief that you are wrong...

Associate
The whole tech industry is starting to make PVC salesmen look like bastions of business integrity.

From Nvidia and AMD, to AIB's through to preferred partners and tech tuber/journo shills - it's a mess.

Associate
Only one of us is resorting to insults and depending on repetition of assumptions and inferences as fact, so make of it all what you will.

Ultimately I, and I imagine most others here, will be back to buy from OCUK when they have stock of something I need at a price I'm happy with.

I've been buying from here on and off for nearly 20 years and nothing recent will change that, same goes for buying from other places, no retailer deserves loyalty, my spending goes where the stock and the prices dictate.

So when you describe anyone not subscribing to your beliefs and assertions as 'defending' OCUK, consider that it is possible to disagree with you without needing any motivation other than a simple belief that you are wrong...

At this stage Teal, I am not too bothered what you think, your choice of retailers, your opinion of what anyone thinks or where they will choose to buy in the future or anything else quite frankly.

Last edited:
Associate
While we're all joking about the ridiculous prices of 3070 cards... here's their Palit GamingPro:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-05b-pl.html

£599.

I had one of these to tide me over til I got my hands on a 3080. I won't lie I went with the market value when I sold it on the popular auction site, and I still sold it for less than this. And that was a few weeks ago when 3070's were really in demand too.

Jeez OCUK that's.... not a good look.

Associate
of course shortly after i cancel my 3080 tuf non oc OC are getting a bunch in! and considering i was 24th i would probably have got one.

at least i have my palit 3070, which i got day one from OC

Associate
We have already been told that there is delayed shipment and if you look at gigabytes Facebook they say they’re shipping to the UK. 16 ish cards were shipped today so there will probably be a 25-30 drop in queue on Friday.

Hi there, slight confusion over your post I was hoping you could clear up. So I'm aware that 16 went out today. My current que position is 21. What my confusion is that you said a potential drop in que by 25-30. Now are you saying there is another shipment of Gigabytes other than that 16 I was aware of that adds up to about 25-30 in total? Are you just assuming I'm a high que position thus you was taking into account potential cancellations? Thank you.

Associate
I agree Speaking with our wallet after all they care about is getting our money unfortunately is a sellers market at the moment for everyone of us who cancels there will be someone else to take there place. I’m am speaking with my wallet I ordered my amd 5900x from there much more commutative competitor and I will never order from here again and I hope everyone else does the same so when things go eventually go back to normal there left with there reputation in tatters and no customers for gibbo to brag about cars too

I wont ever be ordering from here again. And I have had it relatively easy compared to others. The communication is basically non existent.

Back
Top Bottom