• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Christ..I just cancelled 3 hours ago and now they get non OC stock in?? Ugh...should have held out :(

I'd still say that was a wise move, personal opinion only, but I'm not sure I'd want a non OC Tuf, or any other non OC card to be honest.

Not likely to be many of them or any more of them any time soon...

Associate
I get that there are a lot of people angry and frustrated at the lack of stock arriving and hence the long wait for their cards, but that doesn't give people the right to insult, demean and generally attack the staff members of OCUK or to string together a bunch of guesswork into 'facts..

I enjoyed the assertion that physical objects “disappearing into thin air” was actually a “fact‘....

Associate
Does anyone know where Strix OC 3080's are? its been so long since they actually received any of these.. all of what was included in the big asus shipment was everything other than the strix 3080, currently 7th in the queue for one.

Associate
So no update on anymore 3080 Eagles. So is there a two week gap between shipments? I thought Overclockers were meant to be "the best UK supplier" at getting stock.
We have already been told that there is delayed shipment and if you look at gigabytes Facebook they say they’re shipping to the UK. 16 ish cards were shipped today so there will probably be a 25-30 drop in queue on Friday.

Associate
What the f happened to the ok amount of Ventus cards due last week? I'm sitting at 4th for the past two weeks.

Looks like MSI never showed up? Bitta confirmation would be nice @Gibbo

Associate
'A new account' ?

I'd suggest you look again, my account was setup in 2002... Never worked for OCUK and never likely to, doubt they could afford me :)

... and my post has nothing to do with defending OCUK, just pointing out that like so many of the other posts generating so called 'facts' by repetition of supposition and assumption there is no solid footing for the majority of the more outrageous claims being made, or for that matter by the oft repeated claims of staff members posting lies. Being wrong, or being mistaken or having an estimate turn out to be wrong is not a 'lie'.

I get that there are a lot of people angry and frustrated at the lack of stock arriving and hence the long wait for their cards, but that doesn't give people the right to insult, demean and generally attack the staff members of OCUK or to string together a bunch of guesswork into 'facts'.

No question that the information flow could be better, but each time there was an attempt to improve it feels like the new facts were simply used to add to the attacks on the company and the staff, when the thread became essentially toxic I'm not surprised that staff members stopped posting here, anything said would just have been used to cause further problems.

Right now I completely agree that there should be more information on which cards have actually arrived, but you'll notice that even the other place that is so often quoted as a great example of information sharing has managed to avoid any information that permits the customer to discern exact numbers of expected deliveries by card or any way to distinguish between numbers shipped and cancellations when looking at queue length changes... They do make a better job of giving the impression of clarity and openness, while actually keeping a lid on any real precision at the level of specific cards beyond how many are in each queue at any point.

There are plenty of ways to explain the differences that are interpreted from the information that has been shared here especially when you try to correlate between the comments from vendor reps, the B2C side (Gibbo), the SI side (Pre-builds) and the comments from CS staff as they all have different sources and assumptions about what they are saying. Also keep in mind that CS staff can be the most unreliable source for some of this as they are often being pressured to make comments on stuff that is outside their direct knowledge. We'll never get to the bottom of this though as for one reason or another there seems to be an unwillingness or an inability to simply disclose exact numbers of deliveries at the card level, both here at OCUK and elsewhere...

You are most definitely sticking up for OC. Suggesting implausible explanations, muddying the water and doing all that you can to obfuscate.

All of the evidence of foul play is there but anything other than a signed confession from Gibbo will be passed off by you as "circumstantial".

The fact that we know that prebuilts are going out with retail cards. The fact that prebuilds ordered with 3080s only 2 weeks ago are being delivered with the same retail card that 100s of people who ordered months ago are still waiting for.. Prebuilds ordered a month ago will get the retail 3080 before someone who ordered theirs on the 17th September for out of stock cards.

Now we know all of this, it can't be disputed right? But you still search for any possible way to legitimise this, when quite frankly there are no circumstances where that is legitimate, when they are sitting on thousands of backorders. That's my problem with you. These are facts, but you try to downplay them in a lawyerly way which to me makes you little more than a shill, an enabler. I'm sorry if you are unhappy with that, but if the cap fits......

Back
Top Bottom