• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
This is where I have to defend Gibbo. It's incredibly time consuming to answer questions on the forum and unfortunately, many people don't have the time or inclination to read past responses. Nobody at OcUK has the time to monitor the general forum threads and answer specific questions about specific orders, especially at this time of the year, but when the same question is asked multiple times every day, in the same thread, it's very tempting, and often necessary, to just start ignoring them.
if gibbo gave more specifics on the cards coming in then we wouldnt be asking questions like this

Associate
Just finally decided to cancel my order here. 670 in the queue for an Eagle OC. There's just no point being that far down in the queue with no regular movement. I'll try my luck on the open high seas of RTX 3080 UK stock. I've upped my budget a little bit so I can give myself a little more choice should something come up. If I can't find something in the next few weeks I'll just get a 3070, which seem to at least be available, to do me until things in the 3080 market normalise.

I don't massively begrudge the way OC'ers have handled things. I'm sure I'll still buy from them occasionally but if they're going to take thousands of pre-orders and sit on a considerable amount of people's hard earned money then they need to communicate better I think. Clearly their competitors are getting through back orders faster than they are.

Good luck everyone.

Associate
I don't have full visibility of what's coming, I'm only CC'd on emails from Asus, Gigabyte and MSI because they are also my SI partners.
We're expecting stock from all three next week although I can't be specific about models or quantities because the stock isn't at the distributors yet, I just know that stock has arrived in the hubs.

@ScottiB Even this type of info in the other update thread would be something to placate the masses. Knowing that there’s even a sense of movement in this makes me feel happier as a customer. To know something about vague progress like this on a daily basis would have been at least SOME communication that would have helped.

Things like this is what @Gibbo should have been posting.

Associate
Asus Strix Non-OC;

29th Sept - 19
14th Oct - 18
23rd Oct - 16
30th Oct - 16
6th Nov - 8
13th Nov - 8
20th Nov - 8
27th Nov - 8
4th Dec - 8

No movement for weeks now and no sign of any cards incoming any time soon. Asus Posting absolute BS on their socials how they are getting stock out for all models of their cards (blatant lie) whether the blame lies with Nvidia or Asus I don't know, but they need to get their **** together. Have started trying my luck on the F5 lottery if an alternative card becomes available but nothing so far... What a miserable situation

Thanks for this now I know for sure there has been no stock for the last month and all my movement has been cancellations

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Fair but just seems you come at the perfect time is all im saying . Though knowing MSI are due next week is atleased something I'm just hoping the numbers are juicy and enough to cover a decent amount more then the 9 I've moved in 3 weeks
Like i said earlier, I only popped on to the forum to see if any of the forum members had seen the systems were available.
I searched for "pre-built" and this was one of the threads which popped up.
Aware that there was some potential for upset I thought I'd better check.

I wasn't actually aware that the video existed until I saw the link here.

I'm not naïve , I understand how quickly things can go south here, especially in these GPU threads, so I immediately checked what was being said. After seeing the inevitable 'conspiracy' I just wanted to clarify where we stood. I mean, these pre-built systems have been in progress for well over a month now (as you can probably guess since there's no 3060Ti offering) I intentionally left MSI off the system options and collected my allocations over a period of a few weeks until I had enough to get a handful of systems built fully aware that we were going to have to stop taking pre-xmas custom system orders very early this year.

Associate
anyone know if you can change to a different card, i know you cant keep your position in the queue.
or even change to a 3070 or something
i pre ordered the inno3d x3 3080 and have moved down 13 slots in around 5 weeks.

Last edited:
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
if gibbo gave more specifics on the cards coming in then we wouldnt be asking questions like this
but people do, constantly, and as I said earlier and that quoted sentence implies, sometimes we only know what's coming the day before it arrives...so constant questions about card A or card B are impossible to respond to.

I completely agree that there should be more feedback but it would definitely help if forum membership as a whole appreciate that we can't spend a lot of time on here answering questions and if you are ignored it's not personal. As for me, I've been ill all day, my traditional December head cold not Covid thankfully, so I've looked for any distraction from my discomfort ;)

Associate
Moved down 0 places this week on the old Ventus order, in the double digits and have been for a while so was hoping to see just one delivery this month.
Those with orders in the hundreds, don't bother wasting a single thought on this thread, you should absolutely cancel and use the money for Christmas presents.

Associate
This is where I have to defend Gibbo. It's incredibly time consuming to answer questions on the forum and unfortunately, many people don't have the time or inclination to read past responses. Nobody at OcUK has the time to monitor the general forum threads and answer specific questions about specific orders, especially at this time of the year, but when the same question is asked multiple times every day, in the same thread, it's very tempting, and often necessary, to just start ignoring them.

I'm not picking at you specifically, there are hundreds of people following this thread and the number of repeated questions is bonkers. I've had to repeat myself at least six times in the last couple of hours in this one thread alone so I can definitely understand why Gibbo is reluctant to get involved every day.
@ScottiB with respect you are right there are hundreds of people following this thread...Hundreds of people who have paid hundreds of pounds and are customers at the end of the day...What is seriously lacking here is fundamental customer service in what you have posted... Gibbo hasn't and doesn't answer personally here but what he also does not do is update the one place where he can provide updates, on his locked thread for us ALL to see....Ignoring customers that you have broken promises to is NOT cool whatever way you dress it up...Transparency is all we want and this is in abundance elsewhere...The fact that you have spoken to us directly, thrown us a bone and everyone has jumped on you for updates tells a very sad story of customer service...Respect to you and peace out...

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
anyone know if you can change to a different card, i know you cant keep your position in the queue.
or even change to a 3070 or something
i pre ordered the inno3d x3 3080 and have moved down slots in around 5 weeks.
It would have to be done manually via phone or webnote. Pre-warning though, both are incredibly busy right now, we're receiving over a thousand of each every day it seems.

Associate

I'm not picking at you specifically, there are hundreds of people following this thread and the number of repeated questions is bonkers. I've had to repeat myself at least six times in the last couple of hours in this one thread alone so I can definitely understand why Gibbo is reluctant to get involved every day.
I think there a lot pent demand and this thread have moved very quickly the best thing to do is put all the info on the updates thread and if someone asks a repeat questions we will link/tell them where to find the information so it’s not taking up all your time :)

Associate
Like i said earlier, I only popped on to the forum to see if any of the forum members had seen the systems were available.
I searched for "pre-built" and this was one of the threads which popped up.
Aware that there was some potential for upset I thought I'd better check.

I wasn't actually aware that the video existed until I saw the link here.

I'm not naïve , I understand how quickly things can go south here, especially in these GPU threads, so I immediately checked what was being said. After seeing the inevitable 'conspiracy' I just wanted to clarify where we stood. I mean, these pre-built systems have been in progress for well over a month now (as you can probably guess since there's no 3060Ti offering) I intentionally left MSI off the system options and collected my allocations over a period of a few weeks until I had enough to get a handful of systems built fully aware that we were going to have to stop taking pre-xmas custom system orders very early this year.
Obviously I don't know what's going on behind the scenes . But vague small medium large . Then what's being sent out don't match them it's easy to see why people are getting aggravated . As I said though thanks and you should take over this job calmed me down a little atleased

Associate
but people do, constantly, and as I said earlier and that quoted sentence implies, sometimes we only know what's coming the day before it arrives...so constant questions about card A or card B are impossible to respond to.

I completely agree that there should be more feedback but it would definitely help if forum membership as a whole appreciate that we can't spend a lot of time on here answering questions and if you are ignored it's not personal. As for me, I've been ill all day, my traditional December head cold not Covid thankfully, so I've looked for any distraction from my discomfort ;)
yeah i understand that. its just slightly annoying to see competitors with full details on amounts and dates coming for each individual model while here we only get 1 email a week and some vague thread posts from gibbo. just something i think you guys should consider implementing for future launches like this as it would help out frustrated customers a lot

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I've been ill all day, my traditional December head cold not Covid thankfully, so I've looked for any distraction from my discomfort ;)
I'm going to curl up in a ball, wrap myself in a quilt and watch my F1 practice recording now. I wish you all a good weekend.

Gibbo and I are both off on Monday but I hope we return to a nice healthy allocation of stock.

Associate
KFA2 3080
11/10 - Ordered.
14/10 - position 26
23/10 - position 24
30/10 - position 19
6/11 - position 18
13/11 - position 16
20/11 - position 15
27/11 - position 13
4/12 - position 13

Not only do I wish for more communication from ocuk but also kfa/galax. I have emailed kfa/galax a few times now asking other questions as well as any info on stock to the UK, zero reply.

Look at their socials, well Facebook is the only one they use.. its just advertisements. Zero info about stock numbers, not even a simple acknowledgement of the situation. I don't care how small a manufacturer you are, there is zero excuse for zero info.

As much as I really wanted the kfa 3080, looking at the stock numbers going down on the other site, the closer I get to cancelling the kfa card. Looking at you, white strix....

Associate
but also kfa/galax. I have emailed kfa/galax a few times now asking other questions as well as any info on stock to the UK, zero reply.

Look at their socials, well Facebook is the only one they use.. its just advertisements. Zero info about stock numbers, not even a simple acknowledgement of the situation. I don't care how small a manufacturer you are, there is zero excuse for zero info.

As much as I really wanted the kfa 3080, looking at the stock numbers going down on the other site, the closer I get to cancelling the kfa card. Looking at you, white strix....

There CS was terrible before poo hit the fan. Owned 970s and 980s in sli during the return scenario (which by the way are one of the only reasons Ocuk STILL get my pennies.) from galax. There beautiful cards, extremely awful in representation and information. Inno3D are largely the same and I'm with them this time round... as awful as can be expected also.

Back
Top Bottom