• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I can't really blame him. As soon as he posts an update a shedload of people jump on the thread asking not only brand availability but 50 odd different SKU's in those brands.

To update on the AMD CPU side is going to be considerably easier to do due to the lack of different models.

This isn't a blind Gibbo protection post however...He is a grown man.... IN SALES, these questions / complaints should be expected and should be answered, Whether he does or doesn't wont change me from buying here in the future.
If he posted complete updates about all ordered cards you know like the competitor dues we wouldn’t have to ask questions!
I used to be a loyal of customer like you but due to his handling of this situation and OCUK’s recent price gouging/scalping there now the one of last places I would order ever order from

Associate
The year is 2047.an old man sits by a campfire amidst a dystopian wasteland.using his cyborg arm to throw another mannequin arm on the fire,he proceeds to tell the story of the dark times to the younglings.
'2020?..ay...yup..I was there.' He mumbled as he stared deep into the flames.
'The great gpu shortage..bad times..dark times.some called it 'the silicon sobriety season' or 'the upgrade fever'...there was folks running out buying 3090's left and right but the gold...the gold was the 3080..*whistles*..oh siree if you could get your hands on one of them bad boys the world was your oyster and the price to performance..well..it was like printing money for nvidia'
He looked wistfully into the night sky..
'..of course thats when things started to go wrong.with demand stripping supply everything got out of hand.preorder queue conspiracies spread like wildfire and before you knew it..boom!'
The old man throws another mannequin arm on the fire,scaring the children.
'Riots.mayhem on the streets....wasnt long after that the gangs started enforcing mob justice.'the 1080 dukes' were the first gang to wear sellotaped 780's as body armour,then the '980 sl ryders' started carving out chunks of territory for overclocking deathmatches and...*sighs*..well..times are better now....weve only got the amazon prime killdroids to worry about'

:D I needed this.

Associate
Just reveiced the update on my Inno3D x 3...has been shipped. I was 3rd in queque last friday. Good luck everyone. I got a delivery scheduled for tomorrow on EVGA 3080 as well from over Atlantic. Keep your eyes on this forum, I may sell one card. Nick -out!

Associate
Just reveiced the update on my Inno3D x 3...has been shipped. I was 3rd in queque last friday. Good luck everyone. I got a delivery scheduled for tomorrow on EVGA 3080 as well from over Atlantic. Keep your eyes on this forum, I may sell one card. Nick -out!
Just had same email. Apparently they do exist but knowing how things have gone so far I'm expecting an empty box to arrive

Associate
**** me an update on msi would be good someone Jesus christ only been 3 months nearly all I'm asking for is a tiny bit of information on something I bought 3 months ago not complaining it ain't here just when are they expecting a delivery if they don't know telling me that would be fine also just one person saying yes no or this day is not taking anyone's time 1 minute with all cards probably gibbo or some other person if there is not a person to talk to hire someone to tell us its not like I'm asking for much

Associate
**** me an update on msi would be good someone Jesus christ only been 3 months nearly all I'm asking for is a tiny bit of information on something I bought 3 months ago not complaining it ain't here just when are they expecting a delivery if they don't know telling me that would be fine also just one person saying yes no or this day is not taking anyone's time 1 minute with all cards probably gibbo or some other person if there is not a person to talk to hire someone to tell us its not like I'm asking for much

Jeez, maybe a couple of full stops or a comma would make it easier to read! :)

There is no update I suspect, which is why you are not getting one. I don't agree with that approach at all, but it seems to be the way of OCUK now.

Associate
I love the fact that my friend who ordered an EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra elsewhere was able to get his, RMA it (to their RMA centre in Germany) and get another one back from EVGA before I can even hope of any news of getting mine. Awkward. :rolleyes:

Associate
Would be nice to have an update from them, fair enough if someone is on leave, but there must be someone else in the business at OCUK that could provide an update in the thread in that person's absence. It's been close to 3 months now, very least we could expect is regular updates. Even if it's just to say that suppliers are being chased and there is no new information.

Associate
Would be nice to have an update from them, fair enough if someone is on leave, but there must be someone else in the business at OCUK that could provide an update in the thread in that person's absence. It's been close to 3 months now, very least we could expect is regular updates. Even if it's just to say that suppliers are being chased and there is no new information.

That would be normal practice at any good commercial outfit, not so at OC Gibbo is the only man who knows the details of his so called work.

Totally stupid really, what happens if he ends up in hospital for months or worse, should at least have a deputy who is completely aware all the current work in progress etc.

Associate
This is alos pretty garbage response.. This is his JOB. he is PAID to do this. if he cant handle the preassure maybe he should go work in a fish n chip shop or something thats more to his level of skill..

Guess you didn't read the third line then, I am on the side of the buyers (us) here. I was just stating the reasons we have radio silence from OC.
I want my card as much as you do...believe me, I have everything in place now to rock 4k...except the graphics card. I am really getting tired of waiting too.....fed up in fact.

Associate
They only do weekly email now, too much like hard work to do the ones after stock dispatch. Only 19 ish cards were dispatched the rest from an OK shipment went elsewhere as usual.

I've been wondering what happened to that shipment for the 3080 TUF non OC. At most 23 cards shipped out of what was supposed to be a "OK/aprox 50pc" shipment. It's the first delivery in nearly 3 months, it would be nice to know why the shipment was only half the size it should've been.
Did the shipment arrive light? If so will the rest be following?

Associate
I've been wondering what happened to that shipment for the 3080 TUF non OC. At most 23 cards shipped out of what was supposed to be a "OK/aprox 50pc" shipment. It's the first delivery in nearly 3 months, it would be nice to know why the shipment was only half the size it should've been.
I thought the same thing I'm waiting on a Asus 3080 TUF non OC and the queue list did not move far enough down to what stock was supposedly coming in , this is all levels of BULL.

Associate

That is why Gibbo should give full and detailed updates not give vague references and then go missing for days on end to frequent other threads.
The information he provides is worth diddly squat in my experience, we get more info about stock from the dispatch email posts in this thread than we ever get from him who is supposed to give all the information.

Back
Top Bottom