• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Would love to hear what's going on with Gigabyte stock, specifically the 3080 Xtreme. The wife is getting the 2080 that I'm currently using when the new card gets here, but **** me I'm getting it in the ear. I'm at about pos 13 now, gimme something to quiet her with, please..

Associate
Interesting. Less intuitive than GTA? No big bugs thus far? PC World's reviewer Brad Charcas, stated the world was so engaging, he spent a lot of time exploring, and on side quests rather than just following the main plot. Rig true for you?
Oh its proper detailed, I didnt get much time to play before I had to go to bed cause of work. But I did spend probably most of my 2 ish hours just looking about and exploring.

In terms of the driving, its not bad. Just I expected similar to GTA 5 but it isnt like GTA 5.

Associate
I've just emailed ASUS venting my frustration over the bias the 3080 TUF OC is getting over non OC. I'm sure it'll be a worthless generic response I get back but it made me feel a little better.

Associate
Palit, you have let me down :(. They sent a delivery of all of their GPU's except the 3070 which I ordered. Its crazy how little stock there is of anything nower days

Associate
Quite the opposite for me looking at that Gibbo posted. Im pos 10 in the 3080 Gaming Pro non-OC. Im hoping to see it this side of xmas or atleast in 2020
Lucky you man, I'm also position 10 except I ordered the 3070 gaming pro non-OC. I started out in position 14 early November but there's no way I will be getting it before 2021 now since delivery from the factory to OCUK to me takes at least 4 weeks. Atleast were in the fortunate position to be able to afford a new gpu i guess :D

Associate
Managed to grab a Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 AORUS MASTER 10GB GDDR6X Graphics Card earlier. Been dispatched already. I couldn't justify waiting another x months. I appreciate the recent communication and it isn't anyone giving updates here's fault but 50+ min wait times coupled with low supply and ignored customer service messages has made me prefer to give my money to another company, even at an increased cost. Good luck to everyone waiting. I will still order from OC in future but never again for a product launch.

Associate
Gibbo did say there was 8 in the schedule for later this month, so it might not be too long :D

Yeah true, it's good they're at least starting to see some - I mean 30 at this point is like 500 for others it's been so rare

Gotta say - excellent comms this past few days from OC - credit where it's due considering we've not been the easiest bunch to deal with

Associate
Managed to grab a Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 AORUS MASTER 10GB GDDR6X Graphics Card earlier. Been dispatched already. I couldn't justify waiting another x months. I appreciate the recent communication and it isn't anyone giving updates here's fault but 50+ min wait times coupled with low supply and ignored customer service messages has made me prefer to give my money to another company, even at an increased cost. Good luck to everyone waiting. I will still order from OC in future but never again for a product launch.
what number was you?

Associate
I assure you that this couldn't be further from the truth.

Anyone who has been an OcUK follower for a decent amount of time will tell you that Gibbo is not afraid to pay over the odds to secure more stock.
Just today I saw that he's paid about 10% over normal price for some short supply CPUs.

One of the reasons why I know that it's not even a vague possibility is that, as you say, we are part of the caseking group, we've got containers coming from the far East almost daily. Getting a pallet or two thrown into one of these is easy, especially since we have a dedicated logistics office in Taiwan whose job this is.
Unfortunately, we can't secure that much stock of any graphics card at the moment, let alone 3080

@ScottiB

I want to believe but I feel that OcUK should be more transparent on when they expect pre-orders to be fulfilled, how many cards they have still on pre-order and how many cards have shipped of each model. Other retailers have done this and with pre-built RTX3080 systems available from £2K it’s almost worth buying one of those and reselling it with my GTX1080ti.

OcUK Staff
Palit, you have let me down :(. They sent a delivery of all of their GPU's except the 3070 which I ordered. Its crazy how little stock there is of anything nower days

It is really bad and I am being informed that Q1 2021 is going to be terrible and to make matters worse TeamGroup rejected an order from us earlier due to an IC outage and thus cannot meet any demand as have zero supply and Corsair massively reduced our purchase order too.

So RAM prices are about to rocket and go in short supply too. It just gets worse and worse and Q1 next year is looking not so great now.

I can see these shortages lasting well into middle of next year. :(

Back
Top Bottom