• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Staff
Gibbo did say there was 8 in the schedule for later this month, so it might not be too long :D

Yes but this 30 is a total out of the blue so the question is, is it 8+30 or is it 30 total, I cannot answer that right now and won't be able to do so until next week as I an now away until next Tuesday as completing the house move.

Associate
Yes but this 30 is a total out of the blue so the question is, is it 8+30 or is it 30 total, I cannot answer that right now and won't be able to do so until next week as I an now away until next Tuesday as completing the house move.

I'll pray your house move goes swimmingly and you can pray it's 38, sounds fair?

In all seriousness, best of luck. Moving this time of year, during covid, during CPU and GPU crisis - you must be a sucker for punishment!

Associate
It is really bad and I am being informed that Q1 2021 is going to be terrible and to make matters worse TeamGroup rejected an order from us earlier due to an IC outage and thus cannot meet any demand as have zero supply and Corsair massively reduced our purchase order too.

So RAM prices are about to rocket and go in short supply too. It just gets worse and worse and Q1 next year is looking not so great now.

I can see these shortages lasting well into middle of next year. :(
Thanks for the heads up

Associate
We're so close! You're much higher up if I recall? You must be buzzing?

I break up for xmas Wed too - no more work until new year. This could be beautiful...
Yes I'm position 2, It's been a long wait but hopefully the end is near. I'm trying not to get too excited though as you never know lol. Would be a great Christmas to receive that shipping notification, for sure. :D

Associate
@Gibbo the first MSI incoming shipment list had 10pc ventus 3080, you also said some where due in before xmas. Now they are not on the list. What is this about?
i was thinking the same thing but the unusual thing is why are all other msi cards getting stock but no ventus 3080.
@Gibbo @ScottiB
what is the current situation with the copy of watchdogs with my order.
will I still get a copy of the game?

Associate
This situation is nuts. Earlier today I had an EVGA card in my basket at a competitor and even with all my card and delivery details saved it was out of stock by the time I'd reached the confirm purchase button. That was just a matter of seconds.

At lunchtime I saw the EVGA card come up for sale again at the same store and this time I managed to check out and got sent an invoice. Hooray I thought. Then half an hour ago I got a phone call from said competitor to say they couldn't honour the sale
because someone had actually got through the system faster than me so was being given the card ( apparently only two cards had gone on sale) Obviously my heart sank at this news and I could feel my blood boiling faster than a RTX 3080
goes out of stock. HOWEVER I was then told they had just taken delivery of a few Gigabyte Aorus Master's so would one of those do instead? Too right it would do instead, especially since its 70 quid less.

So just got my dispatch note. Card should be with me tomorrow. I won't relax until its actually in my mucky hands though.

Good luck to everyone else trying for a card. I was 670 in the queue here for a Gigabyte Eagle OC and cancelled last Friday. Glad I did now (sorry OC'ers). If you're far down in the queues here and are flexible about what card you get and also
what you're willing to pay (within reason) then I recommend trying your luck where you can. I took today off work just to sit at my PC refreshing pages every few minutes and it paid off big time. Incidentally I know a lot people recommend using that
Discord bot to source stock, and maybe that worked in the past, but with the way things are now even that is far too slow. The reason its hardly notifying of stock now is that its sold out before even its picked up on it.

As I said before no hard feelings towards OC'ers. Its not their fault this situation is as bonkers as it is and I'm about to order a new PSU and shiny new case to put my new card in from here.

Associate
Day 84...
You are currently in queue position 582. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.
FML! Cyberpunk won the race :'(

I refuse to install it until I have my TUF non-OC 3080 to play it on... Someone give me hope! :(

Associate
It is really bad and I am being informed that Q1 2021 is going to be terrible and to make matters worse TeamGroup rejected an order from us earlier due to an IC outage and thus cannot meet any demand as have zero supply and Corsair massively reduced our purchase order too.

So RAM prices are about to rocket and go in short supply too. It just gets worse and worse and Q1 next year is looking not so great now.

Does this nean that all DDR4 will be bought quickly now, then appear on auction at inflated rates soon, I wonder...

Associate
@Gibbo this is maybe a question I need to send a webnote for, or phone customer support. I know from yourselves and other retailers, ASUS are still not shipping much if any volume for the non-OC TUF 3080. One of your competitors posts how many outstanding orders for each SKU they have, and the non-OC TUF has over double the amount outstanding compared to the OC TUF. Is it possible to request a transfer from the non-OC queue to the OC queue if shipping/receiving volume for that card is higher, and pay the difference in price between the two cards?

Associate

Im surprised stocks levels are so low as I would have thought most of the process making these cards are done by robotics. I have to commend both you and the whole of OCUK for being so transparent and keeping us up to date with deliveries! :D

Associate
Anyone had a EVGA ftw3 ultra dispatched email?
I was position 8 last Friday and no dispatched email this week. Gibbo answered me there would be three FTW3 ultra arriving either today or tomorrow. I remembered about two weeks ago there were more than 10 (less than 14 I believe) ftw3 ultra sent out (not 100% sure) and Gibbo said the number was extremely small (less than 10). So fingers crossed they could send some more 'unexpected' cards rather than just three...

Associate
I was queue position 20 last Friday and just got a shipping email for my Gigabyte Eagle. I was 129th in the first queue email, and ordered at 14:31 on launch day.

What a shambles. Glad to be out of here - provided the damn thing works!

Damn, I was 137th in queue for eagle when I ordered on launch day too. And of last friday I was 27. Does that mean I'll have mine soon? God I wish I don't have to wait too long, I don't have any confirmation emails...

Last edited:
Associate
Im surprised stocks levels are so low as I would have thought most of the process making these cards are done by robotics. :D

I don't think thats the problem. 3070 cards are relatively plentiful after all. By the sounds of things its the actual production of the silicon for the larger sized 3080 chips which is a big issue.

OcUK Staff
I don't think thats the problem. 3070 cards are relatively plentiful after all. By the sounds of things its the actual production of the silicon for the larger sized 3080 chips which is a big issue.

3070 is not plentiful if we made ordering available by this time next week we would have 10,000+ backorders and at best we might get 500-1000 this side of Christmas.

Demand for GPU's generally is now far higher than when 3080 was released simply because all GPU's are pretty much sold out across the board worldwide, due to shortages people have been buying everything up and with bitcoin values exploding I can see that creating supply issues too.

Back
Top Bottom