• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Overclockers.co.uk: Queue Position of Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

oimg

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fQ7GlVhIP_YNjFJQYFvE5a-6H1Ywnw7aacjRfLNn_tE/edit?usp=sharing

Associate
If the 5 late Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080's that came in late last Friday send me down to 10th in queue on this card today, then with combination with Gibbos sticky thread next week I should expect my card!! I can't wait to put some holidays in to ride the beast! Hopefully no issues in the process!
I was wrong somehow... These 5 never appeared or this was a misunderstanding from my part.. anyway! I guess I'll wait for the next next shipment

Permabanned
3080 Strix OC:
14th of October: Date Ordered
23-10-2020 :901
2020-10-28 :864
2020-10-30 :Nothing
2020-11-06 :805
2020-11-13 :756
2020-11-20 :725
2020-11-27 :694
2020-12-04 :669
2020-12-11 :630
2020-12-14 :624
2020-12-18 :Nothing
2020-12-19 :582
Nothing Due to DPD Issues until March 12th when I swapped to DHL.
2021-03-12 :377
2021-03-19 :372

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Hi @Gibbo,

First of all thank you to you and @ScottiB for sticking this out and all of your information this far.

Can I ask for some clarification on how the upgrades are working, from the MSI upgrades so far I am determining that as a product queue is cleared the lower cards are being offered the better cards as a free upgrade.

Would this work similarly with say the Gigabyte queues? The gaming cards are seemingly moving faster than any of the others. When the gaming queue is cleared would the eagle be offered these before the more expensive cards?

Apologies if this has already been explained, I have searched and I have been in the forum for quite some time and I can’t see that it has.
There is no plan at the moment, @Gibbo has done some "out of the kindness of his own heart" to keep some stock moving or, 'when the end is in sight' to clear a queue. There's no company plan at play. As I said just a couple of hours ago on the previous page.

That's where it gets tricky, with the price rises this can be prohibitively expensive. Gibbo switched some 3080 Trio orders over to Suprim this week and it that cost the company about £140 per customer. It's one thing to do it on a small batch but you know from Gibbo's recent update how many customers are still affected

We don't currently have the man power to contact thousands of individual customers to discuss alternative options and we definitely can't just upgrade you all.

Associate
If u change the trend line to and order 2 or 3 polynomial it might take into account better the slow down queue advancement. I'm not claiming slow down in production but those in the queue still are less likely to cancel now compared to early on. In other words, if you are still here you are probably stubborn

Hi ScottiB, good point. Frankly in the first few weeks of the chart I did play around with other forms of trend lines but with so little data a simple linear regression seemed to be the best option. I've now updated the my chart with a Poly order 2 which now appears to be more "optimistic" :)

And as for stubbornness, this 43 year old gamer knows how the world works (or... not in this case) and personally I've long resigned myself to looking forward to seeing this order fulfilled sometime summer-autumn :D

Associate
So far I've seen no evidence whatsoever that customers waiting for replacement cards are being sent to the back of the queue. As always, I'm unable to be 100% sure without specific information about your order. Mistakes can happen, humans are involved.

Gigabyte tell us regularly that they haver not discontinued it and currently have no plans to do so.
However, the card not being discontinued and the card being made in sufficient numbers are two very different things. Gigabyte appear to be making the decision that whilst GPU supply is limited, they'll focus production on higher end cards. Gigabyte are far from alone here, the same can be said for pretty much every brand. Ventus, TUF, XC3, Eagle, Gaming Pro, Trinity, all in the same boat. Unfortunately, it has become very clear that those customers waiting for the entry level cards will be the ones left waiting when all other backlogs are cleared.

I'd be happy to provide you with the order numbers but apparently I am unable to start a conversation in private with you

Associate
Well I ended up biting the bullet while waiting for my 3080 Eagle (which was £650) and ended up ordering a £700 3070 MSI Suprim X. Was just clicking on notifications, none in stock when suddenly I got this (not really the one I wanted due to cost!). Not sure if I made the right decision though given it will be about 30% less powerful than the RTX 3080 at the price I should be able to get a 3080 for, but need to upgrade from my GTX 970 as it can hardly play games at native 1440p far less my 4k TV! 3080's seem to be rarer than gold at the moment :/

Are other people looking to do the same as seems the 3070 has quite a bit more availability now?

Soldato
Well I ended up biting the bullet while waiting for my 3080 Eagle (which was £650) and ended up ordering a £700 3070 MSI Suprim X. Was just clicking on notifications, none in stock when suddenly I got this (not really the one I wanted due to cost!). Not sure if I made the right decision though given it will be about 30% less powerful than the RTX 3080 at the price I should be able to get a 3080 for, but need to upgrade from my GTX 970 as it can hardly play games at native 1440p far less my 4k TV! 3080's seem to be rarer than gold at the moment :/

Are other people looking to do the same as seems the 3070 has quite a bit more availability now?
3070 is a sweet card, neck and neck with 2080ti so good news its becoming available ;)

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I'd be happy to provide you with the order numbers but apparently I am unable to start a conversation in private with you
I've had a chat with the boss, apparently going to the back of the queue is normal because the queue is automatic based on the date that the order was raised and the "replacement" is a new order. We have a separate list of people waiting for replacement cards and they are given the first allocation when cards arrive.

Associate
3080 X4's? nothing arrived since last month. The open purchase order still hasn't arrived yet. Inno is usually direct from the far east so it's usually at least a week.

Ahhh, Gibbo has just put:

Inno3D 3080 X4 x5pc
Inno3D 3090 X4 x10pc

Does that mean incoming??

Associate
Started building a new PC at the start of November, got all my parts within the month, was in queue #1111 for the Asus RTX 3080 Strix OC and today I’m #666 lol.... I’m moving to Bali, Indonesia in a few months, thanks OCUK :)

Associate
You'd be surprised how many quite senior IT engineers can't use Google properly either... Most of the IT problems are already well researched and solutions are easy to find, yet people prefer to call MS or other vendor and spend hours/days on the phone for something that would take them few minutes to find and fix. :/
The amount of simple error message Google searches that are plagued by Microsoft Community Forum results of people lazily creating threads just to ask an incredibly vague question makes me age rapidly every time.

Back
Top Bottom