• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Umm.. where? they can have mine.

EDIT: Oh thats artificially inflated, considering the next one down is £3k

yeah people trying to stop these scalpers by bidding 30 grand-obviously they're not going to buy it. its honestly a scummy thing to do by buying a 3080 Ti on launch day when there is probably little stock and then to sell it on ebay for 3x the price. and not to mention these scalpers selling them on ebay dont even have the GPU's in hand, they are still waiting for the GPU's to arrive. dont buy from scalpers on ebay.(unless u are loaded or something) be patient guys it will eventually work out (I hope)

Associate
Personally I think overclockers should take legal action against nivida, for telling them they are one of their closets partner's and will be first in line for any cards... Because surely somebody at nivida told them that for them to have it posted all over their website! false advertisement but who is to blame ? I certainly don't know the answer..

Soldato
Personally I think overclockers should take legal action against nivida, for telling them they are one of their closets partner's and will be first in line for any cards... Because surely somebody at nivida told them that for them to have it posted all over their website! false advertisement but who is to blame ? I certainly don't know the answer..

Yet you said someone should take legal action.... nvidia already appointed its UK supply agent and its not ocuk; therefore they might be a partner - but they have to source cards from channel....

Associate
Yet you said someone should take legal action.... nvidia already appointed its UK supply agent and its not ocuk; therefore they might be a partner - but they have to source cards from channel....
I neither said legal action should or shouldn't be taken I was asking for peoples opinions?? Try reading what I said before accessing me of saying something I haven't said.....

Associate
I said I think overclockers should take legal action against nivida because of the fales claims that they were told but my original question was to see peoples opinions on the matter

Associate
When I ordered my card 15 minutes after it was out on sale in September I used overclockers because they claimed they are close partners with nivida and would be one of the first in line for cards. I wonder if anyone else ordered threw overclockers because of these false claims ?

Associate
I said I think overclockers should take legal action against nivida because of the fales claims that they were told but my original question was to see peoples opinions on the matter
I'm not sure you realise how big Nvidia are?

At launch Nvidia said there'd be plenty of stock. If they're prepared to say that publicly, what did they say to the AIBs, distributors and retailers?

When I ordered my card 15 minutes after it was out on sale in September I used overclockers because they claimed they are close partners with nivida and would be one of the first in line for cards. I wonder if anyone else ordered threw overclockers because of these false claims ?
Unfortunately even now there are still 3080 queues unfulfilled worldwide. It's not just an OCUK problem.....

Last edited:
Soldato

GN mentioned a figure of 1/2 million cards worldwide at the very minimum for unfullfilled orders from september

Associate
I'm getting very close to just cancelling a 6th place position ive been in for 6 months, recouping the £700 & spaffing out 2.2 grand on a next day prebuilt & having done with all of it for a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom