• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Are you TRYING to be insulting?! :cry:
30s isn't old!

& sorry to burst your bubble...but it IS every person...you WILL suffer it at some point. Slowing reactions are just a part of the aging process. You can learn to compensate with experience (especially if you play the same game for years) but you'll start to lose those reaction based 1v1's by the time you get to 30. The decline starts in your mid-20s.

Age is just a state of mind! I'm 62 in November & can still hold my own with young guns on CoD MP & Battlefield (on PC). Yes reaction time naturally slows but as you stated you tend to compromise. There's more than one way to skin a cat ;)

Associate
I remember playing Frogger on my Atari 2600. God that is depressing
I wrote a version of frogger for a Sharp MZ-80K! In Z80 assembler.
The OS had to be loaded from a cassette tape before the machine was useable. It only had a 256 character set displayable. I had to solder in a plug in card that allowed all 256 characters to be re-defined then switched in over the standard set to get the frog characters and logs etc. Happy days!

Soldato
Was that the one that was partnered with Tandy ? Remember them?
Not sure, but Tandy does ring a bell.

Associate
Not sure this is something I want to 'win' but the first game I played that I hadn't written myself (in Fortran, to run on an ICL mainframe), was the original Colossal Cave Adventure, running on a PDP-10 that belonged to the DoD in the US.

Not a lot of graphics back then :):

Associate
I wrote a version of frogger for a Sharp MZ-80K! In Z80 assembler.
The OS had to be loaded from a cassette tape before the machine was useable. It only had a 256 character set displayable. I had to solder in a plug in card that allowed all 256 characters to be re-defined then switched in over the standard set to get the frog characters and logs etc. Happy days!
That's so cool. I remember the old cassettes. Had them on my Amstrad CPC 464 and Commodore. Used to drive me nuts waiting for the damn thing to load only for loading to fail

Back
Top Bottom