• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
It’s not a lot more performance really between 3080 - 3090 what would you be looking to do on it to need the extra?
So I can get a stable 4K 144Hz when play games. I can get over 144fps in 4K with DLSS but some games don’t have DLSS so my FPS at 4K hovers around 90-144 depending on game and if it has DLSS.

Associate
So I can get a stable 4K 144Hz when play games. I can get over 144fps in 4K with DLSS but some games don’t have DLSS so my FPS at 4K hovers around 90-144 depending on game and if it has DLSS.

As mentioned no real benefits of getting a 3090 to replace a 3080. I have a 3090 FE and love the GPU but the Vram on this card Super Hot 96c.

The GPU Core temps are only in the high 60c.

I am going to replace the thermal pads and repaste in the next few weeks.

If you have one of the not so good 3080 and considering upgrading you should consider the 3080ti instead. Only 12gb of Vram to try and keep cool and pretty much the same performance as a 3090.

You also be saving a few ££

Associate
As mentioned no real benefits of getting a 3090 to replace a 3080. I have a 3090 FE and love the GPU but the Vram on this card Super Hot 96c.

The GPU Core temps are only in the high 60c.

I am going to replace the thermal pads and repaste in the next few weeks.

If you have one of the not so good 3080 and considering upgrading you should consider the 3080ti instead. Only 12gb of Vram to try and keep cool and pretty much the same performance as a 3090.

You also be saving a few ££
My RTX 3080 is from Gigabyte, specifically GIGABYTE VISION GEFORECE RTX 3080 OC EDITION

Associate
We have a winner :D

Just to clarify, the Deals Section of the Graphics Forum is nothing to do with the MM (Members Market). The Deals Section requires 180 days of membership and 50+ posts.

The MM requirement is 1000 posts and is the place on the forum for buying and selling kit.

Ahh, yup. I knew that, kind of. I thought that the deals section was a part of MM that was opened to lesser forum users. Thanks for the clarification.

Associate
Welp it's official, I've now managed to complete my dissertation start to finish, graduate university and be able to find and accept a graduate job. GPU still MIA :cry::cry:

Associate
Anyone know what’s the best free streaming software, and the best settings for streaming? I usually play on 4K or 1440p high settings but whenever I try stream it stutters and lags etc. I don’t think it’s my PC coz I have a 3080+ Ryzen 7 5800x with 16gb ram? Am upgrading to 32GB now but I don’t know why it stutters etc. My internet is fairly fast too 67 down load and 20 upload. Any recommendations on streaming software and settings?

Permabanned
Anyone know what’s the best free streaming software, and the best settings for streaming? I usually play on 4K or 1440p high settings but whenever I try stream it stutters and lags etc. I don’t think it’s my PC coz I have a 3080+ Ryzen 7 5800x with 16gb ram? Am upgrading to 32GB now but I don’t know why it stutters etc. My internet is fairly fast too 67 down load and 20 upload. Any recommendations on streaming software and settings?
If your streaming off of a single pc, run nvenc with OBS. Set your stream to around 1664x936 @ 60fps (Its the best overall for both quality and viewers with poor internet since they won't be able to change the quality until your get affiliate unless you already are) then set the bitrate around Id say around 6000 and you should be fine. All those settings can be found in the Stream and Video tabs in OBS. You wanna make sure NVENC is being used it will be under Encoder in the Stream tab.

Associate
If your streaming off of a single pc, run nvenc with OBS. Set your stream to around 1664x936 @ 60fps (Its the best overall for both quality and viewers with poor internet since they won't be able to change the quality until your get affiliate unless you already are) then set the bitrate around Id say around 6000 and you should be fine. All those settings can be found in the Stream and Video tabs in OBS. You wanna make sure NVENC is being used it will be under Encoder in the Stream tab.
I am streaming off a single PC. Using stream labs OBS, with 1080p 60FPS Using Nvenc. Stream is at 5500 bitrate. My stream is really good quality, doesn’t stutter or lag, I don’t lag in game, and my FPS is consistent at 1440p 144FPS whilst playing and streaming apex legends. I’ll probably stream some Fortnite and warzone too but I play those games at 4K not 1440p so May affect my stream I don’t know. Thanks for the help

Permabanned
I am streaming off a single PC. Using stream labs OBS, with 1080p 60FPS Using Nvenc. Stream is at 5500 bitrate. My stream is really good quality, doesn’t stutter or lag, I don’t lag in game, and my FPS is consistent at 1440p 144FPS whilst playing and streaming apex legends. I’ll probably stream some Fortnite and warzone too but I play those games at 4K not 1440p so May affect my stream I don’t know. Thanks for the help
Nice. I would say do 1080 is a bit much if you are starting off and want to gain viewers as people will be less likely to watch like I said if they can't load the stream, thats why 936p is best or even 720p if you wanted but it gives the same 16:9 aspect ratio but means more people will be able to watch your streams. Im not too sure on the 4k while playing, it might be fine but if not 1440p is still just as good. Also you don't need to but Streamlabs OBS is the worst out of the three options, OBS Studio or Streamelements OBS (Streamelements is just OBS Studio but you can access your Streamelements settings through it like Streamlabs) is the best options as they have a lot of options but Streamlabs is nice if you already have it setup with overlays so there wouldn't be much reason in changing over now.

Associate
Nice. I would say do 1080 is a bit much if you are starting off and want to gain viewers as people will be less likely to watch like I said if they can't load the stream, thats why 936p is best or even 720p if you wanted but it gives the same 16:9 aspect ratio but means more people will be able to watch your streams. Im not too sure on the 4k while playing, it might be fine but if not 1440p is still just as good. Also you don't need to but Streamlabs OBS is the worst out of the three options, OBS Studio or Streamelements OBS (Streamelements is just OBS Studio but you can access your Streamelements settings through it like Streamlabs) is the best options as they have a lot of options but Streamlabs is nice if you already have it setup with overlays so there wouldn't be much reason in changing over now.
Ok, what’s wrong with stream labs obs? Is it bad I used it seems to work fine. I did originally use twitch studios but had issues with it so changed to stream labs obs.

Associate
Also u say it’s not good to stream on 1080p 60FPS for the viewers and 936 or 720 is better? How come?

Permabanned
Ok, what’s wrong with stream labs obs? Is it bad I used it seems to work fine. I did originally use twitch studios but had issues with it so changed to stream labs obs.
Also u say it’s not good to stream on 1080p 60FPS for the viewers and 936 or 720 is better? How come?
Its not exactly bad its just your restricted on settings. Also for the 720p and 936p its good for people who will watch you that have poor internet speeds as when your not partnered or affiliate they wont get the options to change the stream to say 480p or whatever settings they like.

Associate

Long run, once you learn how overlays work, OBS Studio is better than Streamlabs. Imo at least.

Associate
Its not exactly bad its just your restricted on settings. Also for the 720p and 936p its good for people who will watch you that have poor internet speeds as when your not partnered or affiliate they wont get the options to change the stream to say 480p or whatever settings they like.
Long run, once you learn how overlays work, OBS Studio is better than Streamlabs. Imo at least.
alright guys thanks, maybe ill stream at 930 we will see. i tried OBS once and it just looked too complicated and i thought screw this and used streamlabs obs instead it just looks more simple

edit: also when using streamlabs obs it doesnt give me an option of 930 its either 1080p or 720p also, there are two things- base canvas resolution and output scaled resolution which i have set both to 1080p as no idea what it means

Permabanned
alright guys thanks, maybe ill stream at 930 we will see. i tried OBS once and it just looked too complicated and i thought screw this and used streamlabs obs instead it just looks more simple

edit: also when using streamlabs obs it doesnt give me an option of 930 its either 1080p or 720p also, there are two things- base canvas resolution and output scaled resolution which i have set both to 1080p as no idea what it means
Output scaled is where you want to put the 1664x936. Base is for your screen res like 1440p or 4k

Associate
I'm excited for a card at a reasonable price, that'll be a good upgrade for my 1080Ti. And I'm glad I didn't queue for the anxiety of this generation. Video games aren't worth this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom