• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
My 3080 makes a squealing noise when I launch apex legends and then crashes to desktop, takes a few attempts to load into apex? Anyone had this issue

edit: the squealing noise seems to be coming from the GPU as what else would it be, also this only happens in apex legends, every other game is fine, e.g Fortnite, warzone, valorant etc

Associate
Just been offered one of two cards from a retailer. Would help someone out, but I would not want to pay with my own cash. 3080 Ti gamerock or Tuf.
Both great cards- both high end cards. For me I would go with the palit game rock for looks, but it’s up to u. If u don’t care for RGB goodness go with the ASUs tuf. I think the game rock is slightly better overall but both great cards!!

Associate
No updates for nearly 2 weeks now.
Then you have an update….. there is no point 9 months on to go “there is no update” they have already said that it’s becoming very dry and also told most people to cancel which means there is a very very slim chance you will get one from them so as they have been advising try and get one in anyway then cancel.

Associate
i am optimistic, about getting my 3080 strix oc, looks like china are coming down hard on crypto miners soon, so I think demand for cards at the factory gates will be much lower now.

Associate
I don’t know if you guys know but there’s a guy on YouTube called Marco- The GPUtuber who lives in I believe China and goes around and finds small retailers who have lots of GPU’s in stock, it’s insane how many GPU’s are in stock in China- these include basically all RTX 3000 series and RX 6000 series and some older GPU’s too. It’s like walking into a gold mine it’s insane! Go check out his videos!

Associate
I don’t know if you guys know but there’s a guy on YouTube called Marco- The GPUtuber who lives in I believe China and goes around and finds small retailers who have lots of GPU’s in stock, it’s insane how many GPU’s are in stock in China- these include basically all RTX 3000 series and RX 6000 series and some older GPU’s too. It’s like walking into a gold mine it’s insane! Go check out his videos!

Actually Taiwan (aka. Republic of China) - The sovereign Island (of TECH goodies !) where the Chinese Government escaped to after the Sino-Japanese War (WW2 era). Mainland China was were the PRC (CCP) took hold and evolved into what we see today, sadly. Anyways, going back to GPUtuber - yes, he's paying MSRP as that's where most of the GPU's are built. Most often the GPU chips are made there too. In the case of the current nVidia Ampere (consumer grade 8nm), they are imported from (Samsung) South Korea and assembled in Taiwan. Palit (Taiwanese) are the biggest GPU card maker and own brands like Gainward, KFA, Galax and a couple of others. Apparently Palit are now bigger than ASUS (Taiwanese) for GPU card manufacturing.

Associate
I hit 3 months' membership (of the forums, not the site) on Friday. Who knows, maybe I'll have a shiny new forum to read?

Haha right, it'll be 6 months knowing my luck :p
Don't get yer hopes up too much. I am past 3 months and don't see MM. I think it is 6 months as you say. But what's another 3 months when patiently waiting since Nov last year :)

Soldato
My 3080 makes a squealing noise when I launch apex legends and then crashes to desktop, takes a few attempts to load into apex? Anyone had this issue

edit: the squealing noise seems to be coming from the GPU as what else would it be, also this only happens in apex legends, every other game is fine, e.g Fortnite, warzone, valorant etc

Could be the PSU. Use the empty toilet roll method(TM Me) (as an ear trumpet) to determine where exactly coil whine noise is from.

Associate
Haha right, it'll be 6 months knowing my luck :p
We have a winner :D
Don't get yer hopes up too much. I am past 3 months and don't see MM. I think it is 6 months as you say. But what's another 3 months when patiently waiting since Nov last year :)
Just to clarify, the Deals Section of the Graphics Forum is nothing to do with the MM (Members Market). The Deals Section requires 180 days of membership and 50+ posts.

The MM requirement is 1000 posts and is the place on the forum for buying and selling kit.

Associate
I have an 5900x and a RTX 3090. I rarely see my CPU utilisation go above 20%.

I think you'll be more than good with a 5800x.
Thanks, I currently have an RTX 3080 W/5800x and I’ve been looking at 3090’s online. I may get @ 3090 but they’re just too expensive right now. I could try well my 3080 but it wouldn’t cover the cost lol

Associate
Thanks, I currently have an RTX 3080 W/5800x and I’ve been looking at 3090’s online. I may get @ 3090 but they’re just too expensive right now. I could try well my 3080 but it wouldn’t cover the cost lol
It’s not a lot more performance really between 3080 - 3090 what would you be looking to do on it to need the extra?

Back
Top Bottom