• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I still can't see the red very well - must be my old eyes but it doesn't seem to stand out against my (default?) blue background. The yellow is great with blue background.
I would do a signature system spec myself, but it's embarrassing even writing a 1060 GPU with the rest of the system being high spec! Need that 3080 to stop the embarrassment!!

I'm using a 750Ti right now since my 1080Ti died and I put that in my signature ! It's a massive step back and creates some issues doing CAD for work but I'm working around those until my 3080 arrives :)

Associate
i get what you’re saying but what im trying to say is it’s OCs responsibility to send out the updates - regardless of incoming stock or if any queue has even moved, 2 weeks is a long time for things to change even if it’s 1 space or 10, i want to know because it’s what im relying on
im position 93 (as of 2 weeks ago) and i don’t have the option to go elsewhere because im paying via finance and won’t be able to start another finance elsewhere because by the time it’s processed, the card is out of stock so i either cancel and don’t bother trying to get a card at all or just stick it out - so im gonna stick it out in the HOPES of getting it unfortunately ‍♂️
Yeah idk why they’re not sending out queue updates, I think they’re very busy at the moment with other cards. Can I ask what card u have pre ordered?

Associate
RTX 3030
yeah understandable if they were busy but if it’s only one guy trained in doing it that’s where the problem is i ordered the strix 3080 OC - i know the advice is to cancel but as i said in my last post, if i want an upgrade i kinda have to stick it out
i think the one guy @Gibbo runs that forum to post updates but only him so it would be one person doing it. If your queue position is 93 for the strix oc probably best to cancel you will be in the queue forever. There’s 3060’s/3070’s/3070 Ti’s on the market so May be worthwhile to buy one of those instead

Associate
I'm using a 750Ti right now since my 1080Ti died and I put that in my signature ! It's a massive step back and creates some issues doing CAD for work but I'm working around those until my 3080 arrives :)
please someone give that man a card! he's suffering!:eek: surprised that you can actually do CAD work at all with a 750ti, I didn't see your sig as was using my phone, only shows the signatures in landscape mode! I still have my evga 1080ti but it's about to be sold to a friend so hope the tuf 3080 doesn't go belly up! - hope you get a 3080 soon:p

Associate
please someone give that man a card! he's suffering!:eek: surprised that you can actually do CAD work at all with a 750ti, I didn't see your sig as was using my phone, only shows the signatures in landscape mode! I still have my evga 1080ti but it's about to be sold to a friend so hope the tuf 3080 doesn't go belly up! - hope you get a 3080 soon:p
You'd be surprised at what a 750Ti is capable of when it's pushed to it's limits. Things only get tough if I get greedy and try to work on multipart projects, then performance tanks or crashes. For the most part it's workable with but rotating the view in any shaded modes can be a stutterfest at 1 frame every 3 seconds :p

Associate
it would most probably save heaps of time, but as i said i am in no position to cancel and find a card elsewhere - there's no point, i don't have the funds to buy a card out right like most people here and even if i was to try financing, by the time it's gone through the card's out of stock (a competitor literally confirmed that to me as well)
so unfortunately, i am stuck here and only here, even if i wanted to upgrade to a 3080 TI i don't see Overclockers offering an upgrade chance and pay the bit extra, nevermind them offering it those at the start of queues as opposed to the end - i really am stuck in this ******* queue!

I hate to say it but i would be shocked if with in the next couple months the non LHR sku's are not made End of Life and all remaining back orders cancelled and refunded. Probably not what you want to hear but i do believe that is the reality of the situation

Associate
Hey guys,

like many of you I'm still waiting for my 3080 ordered on launch day (tuf none oc) around 20 mins after lauch. I come from Finland and I ordered from a Finnish retailer which is one the biggest actors in the pc parts market in Finland. To give a hint, together with OCUK, they are part of Caseking. (I hope this info does not brake the forum rules, if so, feel free to edit)

Anyhow, I signed up here because I thought that some of you might be interested in some data on card deliveries that is publicly provided by the retailer on their website to draw some comparisons. While I'm not privy to the exact information of how long the backlog is, it is still definitely massive, especially with the none oc -variants.

Below, I will list the up to date deliveries of some of the more popular cards:

3080 deliveries since launch

ASUS

Strix oc: 384 delivered, zero incoming (backlog 23 cards)
Strix: 49 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards)
Tuf oc: 992 delivered, 20 incoming (backlog +25 cards, in the hundreds)
Tuf none oc: 207 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards, in the hundreds)

Gigabyte

Gaming oc: 89 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards)
Eagle oc: 18 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards, over hundred)
Vision oc: 13 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards)

MSI:

Suprim X: 294 delivered, 20 incoming (no backlog)
Gaming Z Trio: 30 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards)
Ventus: 142 delivered, zero incoming (backlog +25 cards, over hundred)

The differences in delivered amounts among these three big manufacturers are explained by the greater market share that ASUS and MSI have in the Nordics than Gigabyte. As the numbers indicate those who ordered ASUS none oc are getting shafted pretty bad. I imagine this story is more or less the same everywhere.

Now, luckily, the retailer has provided us with the information that the existing preorders will be automatically updated to LHR-variants one by one once they arrive. The LHR-variants won't be sold to new customers until the preorders have been fulfilled. While a relief in itself, the frustrating part about this for people who preordered is that this Nvidia gimmick has actually delayed the deliveries and nobody seems to have a clue as to when exactly the LHR-variants start shipping.

I will also attach a table of estimated delivery times which is being sent to everyone who has preordered a 3080/3060 ti on a monthly basis. This table is an estimate of the retailer, which, in turn, is based upon the information they receive from their wholesalers. The table below is from day before yesterday.

gsuexq3o5yj5ggep5ni4qgjlsexd.jpg

In the table, Tilauspvm. is the date ordered, beginning from release day 17.9. Then, it goes on monthly (lokakuu is October, marraskuu is November and so forth). Below them are the estimated delivery times (vko meaning weeks and kk meaning months). In the table you can also get a rough idea whether someone who has ordered a card at a given date has received it or not (if preorders made on a given date are fulfilled, the space is blank). I should also mention that for about 6 months in a row now, the estimated delivery time for example the 3080 tuf none oc has been either 2-3 or 2-4 months, so not much has happened on that front. But they claim the information they receive from the wholesalers is actual so it is what it is. But at least as a customer, you get some clue as to whether or not particular cards are moving at all and what one can expect in the future.

Hopefully some of you will find the above information useful.

I hope we all will get our cards soon enough. In the meantime, stay strong and enjoy the summer!

Associate
I hate to say it but i would be shocked if with in the next couple months the non LHR sku's are not made End of Life and all remaining back orders cancelled and refunded. Probably not what you want to hear but i do believe that is the reality of the situation

I'm in the boat of hoping for some clarity on this situation but as I understand it even LHR models are so thin on the ground right now that cancelling (or better yet, some transfer method which would entail a conversation with each individual customer, which is a ton of man-hours and logistical struggles for organising the specifics of that) would be a moot point.

Permabanned
I feel like an email would be the best bet to send out to all customers if it comes to the possibility that we all get cancelled. Then we can fill some forum with if we do or don't want to transfer over (Obviously its probably a lot harder than that but just and idea). The main reason I haven't cancelled is because getting a card for me in Ireland is literally impossible, not even FE cards. AIB is just way overpriced and the two European retailers for FE cards ship them to a total of like 7 or 8 countries in the EU!

Associate
RTX 3030
i think the one guy @Gibbo runs that forum to post updates but only him so it would be one person doing it. If your queue position is 93 for the strix oc probably best to cancel you will be in the queue forever. There’s 3060’s/3070’s/3070 Ti’s on the market so May be worthwhile to buy one of those instead

The guy was on about Queue update emails not the Update thread which is updated infrequently, mainly by Gibbo, We have had relatively large quantities delivered in past with not one mention in that thread.

Queue update emails on the other hand were being done weekly but seem to have tailed right off recently, just because the one man who does them is away, any good company even small ones would have at least two people able to do tasks that customers rely on.

Associate
The guy was on about Queue update emails not the Update thread which is updated infrequently, mainly by Gibbo, We have had relatively large quantities delivered in past with not one mention in that thread.

Queue update emails on the other hand were being done weekly but seem to have tailed right off recently, just because the one man who does them is away, any good company even small ones would have at least two people able to do tasks that customers rely on.

Not always as some systems could be used so infrequently or require particular skills that a small company might not be able to afford two people with that skill set or else more than one is more than they require and makes no financial sense to hire second

Associate

I never received queue updates weekly when I was waiting on my card. Usually when they don’t emeail me it means no updates. I changed my card anyway to a gigabyte Rtx 3080 in March

Associate
yeah i’m aware of that too, but until then i’m stuck in this queue
again it would very nice for Overclockers to offer those still in queues an upgrade to the LHR cards as it’s getting closer and closer to just wasting everyone’s time if cancelling is the case and that’s the worst thing about it and probably the worst customer service ive seen but it is what it is
Cant comment on your experience with OCUK customer service as mine has always been fantastic but i certainly feel for you guys who have been stuck in a queue for so long. I'd be very frustrated to say the least

Associate
Idea, what if when this thread hit's 3080 pages the mods lock it as a memorial. A new one would be alrite, but those who live it will be able to say "i was there"

Back
Top Bottom