• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
All this 4000 series talk is bonkers! It's all chinese whispers and rumour. I guarantee that none of the AIBs will have any 4000 series visibility on road maps yet so any "news" can only have come out of Nvidia or their fabricators and those guys are more secretive than the CIA in general so I think it's all BS. The earliest any believable rumours usually emerge is six months, which is roughly when the AIBs get told to given a buying schedule for current chipsets.

There is another disease going round not COVID, but worse it seems.. GPU madness and that's why some of these youtube channels and clickbait sites are doing so well with all the made up rubbish.

Clearly people that have not been in the pc market long enough to realise how it works and prefer to listen to made up rubbish clickbait channels and sites. No point explaining it to them, they are all making up rubbish now especially all the new members on here spamming rubbish and fake hopes on prices and some are even spamming gpus for less than msrp but fake scams. They have lost the plot and destroying the forums for us regulars and people that actually want help, because never ending spam and made up "facts". Just ignore them mate, I have never seen it so bad on these forums with all the stupidity.

5gtyz9.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
WE currently KNOW the next batch is due 2022, and you should too. Go watch the 3060Ti reveal from JANUARY 2021. Jensen Huang himself said it. It’s called Ampere Next (ie, not 40 series, but a refresh - 30 Super, as 40 series is codenamed Lovelace)...
Pretty sure Ampere next means Lovelace AKA RTX 4000 with ampere next next meaning hopper RTX5000, next is just a way of saying it's the next architecture without giving any specifics away.

Next gen without 5nm from Samsung or TSMC or TSMC makes 7nm better at heat and power = cards that run super hot and use a lot of power for a small gain in performance, they really can't be making a GPU for home pcs to use more power than what they have now or it just all gets silly and what next FE card will end up 4 slot as standard and AIBS 5 slot? Also don't see 4000 series or the 7000 series being more than the regular 25-30% bump at best (reality maybe 15-20%) but they will sell them as better RT cards but won't really make none RT games much faster again.

I think we'll get big performance boost now in the GPU sector since Nvidia knows it's in a fight with AMD and AMD will want to push forward at pace like they have been doing in the CPU sector.

AMD went from a 5700XT which was only around the performance of a GTX 1080ti to a 6900XT which matches Nvidias current gen flagship 3090 in raster in the space of 14 months and all on the same node while it took Nvidia 3 and a half years with 2 nodes so Nvidia know AMD are not messing about anymore and can ill afford another performance flop like Turing.

Last edited:
Associate
If they do release the Supers early next year then that means the 4000-series probably won't come til 2023...
well thats good, i can use my 3080 for longer and save up some more money when the 4000 series release. also is the rumour true about 3000 supers coming out next year? what is the point since we already have Ti versions for each of the 3000 cards bar the 3090, and with the 20 series they only added super variants to them and not Ti's bar the 2080 Ti, so i dont see the point really in 30 series super cards being released

Associate
Welp, anyone above 24th on the Non-OC Asus TUF queue can know they're moving at least one place. FE runs scarily hot at times but looks like it's going to have to do for me.
Safe to say I'll never be buying Asus again. Good luck fellas.

Associate
It seems the supers are for the laptop market, but the leaker Kopite7kimi claims there will be a PC version as well.
IIRC the RTX20xx super series was launched because the range was far to expensive, offered little performance gains over the previous GTX10xx series and wasn't selling well, plus a load of criticism of Nvidia into the bargain as well.
None of the same criticisms or issues apply to the RTX30xx series though.

Associate
Work has forced me into the position of cancelling and I've made a request for a refund on my ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC. I've purchased an MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X from elsewhere since my 750Ti can't cope with the multi part CAD models I need to deal with now. It's more than I want to spend but at the end of the day it's nothing compared to how much I'd lose from not being able to do the CAD models ! I'll still be lurking and fingers crossed you all get a GPU soon enough :)

Last edited:
Commissario
Work has forced me into the position of cancelling and I've made a request for a refund on my ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC. I've purchased an MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X from elsewhere since my 750Ti can't cope with the multi part CAD models I need to deal with now. It's more than I want to spend but at the end of the day it's nothing compared to how much I'd lose from not being able to do the CAD models ! I'll still be lurking and fingers crossed you all get a GPU soon enough :)
A quick thought, if you're using it for work can you claim the cost (or some of it) back as a business expense?

Associate
Glad youve managed to get one at last even if it was mega expensive, sometimes you just have to shell out and i was pretty amazed you were working with a 750 ti (i obviously underestimated it) however hope your new gfx card is just what you need for work stuff, good luck.:p

Associate
Glad youve managed to get one at last even if it was mega expensive, sometimes you just have to shell out and i was pretty amazed you were working with a 750 ti (i obviously underestimated it) however hope your new gfx card is just what you need for work stuff, good luck.:p
Most (not all) CAD packages use single thread CPU calculations rather than GPU, so a fast single threaded CPU with lots of system RAM is more desirable most of the time. That being said going back to 1080p and only using wiremesh displays allowed me to work with complex models on that 750ti, turning on any form of shading in the model brought that tiny wee card with it's 2Gb VRAM to it's knees. It's necessary at times to visualise a solid or transparent part since complex wireframe models can look like a bowl of spaghetti and you end up getting lost in an ocean of intersecting lines. As of typing this my GPU should arrive within the next 55 minutes :)

Associate
The suprim is a nice card… top 5 card for sure

Associate
GPU Installed and it's so good to be doing CAD at a decent screen resolution with silky smooth framerates :) I'll give a shot at benchmarks and gaming later but for now doing work stuff just got better :) It runs silent, even when I threw some 100% GPU loads at it and there's also zero coil whine which some cards have problems with:)

Associate
Most (not all) CAD packages use single thread CPU calculations rather than GPU, so a fast single threaded CPU with lots of system RAM is more desirable most of the time. That being said going back to 1080p and only using wiremesh displays allowed me to work with complex models on that 750ti, turning on any form of shading in the model brought that tiny wee card with it's 2Gb VRAM to it's knees. It's necessary at times to visualise a solid or transparent part since complex wireframe models can look like a bowl of spaghetti and you end up getting lost in an ocean of intersecting lines. As of typing this my GPU should arrive within the next 55 minutes :)
Your work is a little beyond my comprehension I'm afraid! sounds very complicated, but enjoyable I imagine, hope your card turns up in the 55 mins allocated for arrival!!! bet your frothing at the mouth or is that a bit strong? have fun and let me know what life is like with your new baby(card):p

Associate
GPU Installed and it's so good to be doing CAD at a decent screen resolution with silky smooth framerates :) I'll give a shot at benchmarks and gaming later but for now doing work stuff just got better :) It runs silent, even when I threw some 100% GPU loads at it and there's also zero coil whine which some cards have problems with:)
sounds like a happy bunny then !! great stuff good to hear! replied to your post but didn't see this one till after, work should be a pleasure now!:)

Stu

Stu

Soldato
The supers will be nothing more than an adjustment to the VRAM, a few more cuda cores and the bus width changed to allow the more VRAM, you know all the 3080 owners want more than 10GB VRAM and they will all jump on a 11GB model and sell up to gain 1GB extra and half a frame more in their favourite game.

That the 3080Ti :rolleyes:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Well you’re entitled to your own opinion but it must be pointed out that in this thread people have repeatedly posted CORRECT rumors LONG before you guys ever replied to our comments about them, or acknowledged them. We knew the TI was coming, and it’s specs, and both it’s launch windows, from leaks. We knew LHR was coming, and when, from leaks (I myself posted it in this thread, months beforehand). We had SEEN 3080Ti AIBs in photos and in boxes on pallets, when you were claiming they couldn’t possibly exist because Nvidia and distributors haven’t told you anything about it in advance. As if they ever do...

WE currently KNOW the next batch is due 2022, and you should too. Go watch the 3060Ti reveal from JANUARY 2021. Jensen Huang himself said it. It’s called Ampere Next (ie, not 40 series, but a refresh - 30 Super, as 40 series is codenamed Lovelace)...

So go on, tell me, how exactly is that Chinese whispers? It’s official information, vague, but directly from the horses mouth. It’s even written on Ampere’s Wikipedia page ffs.

Every time we point out something we KNOW is coming, you lot act like it’s complete hearsay. Then two weeks later when it becomes real and it’s all over the news, you still have no answers. To you, these GPUs represent business, profit. To us, they might represent quality of life, or even our income. You’re not the ones who have been trawling the net all day every day for shreds of hope of attaining a card you might physically need to earn a living. You’re not the people refreshing stock alerts 24/7, and watching news like hawks. We are.

I understand that you probably have to be very careful what you say, for legal reasons, and you don’t wanna speculate, but you talk to us like we’re conspiracy theorists or something for stating something we read in the news. We have to keep an eye on what people further up the manufacture/supply chain are doing, because you’ve basically had no information for us since the start. All we are doing is trying to help eachother see the bigger picture, so we can get through this fiasco.

Please don’t go round telling people they are wrong, when you yourself are completely in the dark, and have diddly squat info to prove otherwise. It’s bad practice on a social level, but even worse when you’re representing a business... I am sorry for ranting, its nothing personal, I get it 2040 pages and 40k posts, you’re tired of our ****, but that’s no reason to shoot people down for having a valid discussion...

This is harsh at best! @ScottiB is just as much an enthusiast as any other here, and if you look past this thread you'll see he is an active forum member, not just an OcUK rep.

I also agree with his post, there is no way we are seeing 4000 series cards hit the market in the next 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom