• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Not sure if this information is of interest to anyone. However, I noticed yesterday on a stock checker that a few 3080 eagle OC non LHR, where showing up on various sites in stock… for seconds. which might state they are still be in production, in distribution networks and not EOL. I wish OCUK had some more details of what cards are EOL, but understand this information is hard to get from manufacturers.

Associate
The LHR cards were meant to make GPUs unappealing to miners thus putting cards in to gamers hand, oh the irony then if the argument is made that the LHR versions are a different SKU, which is then used as a means to cancel backorders, AND it's made absolutely no difference to supply, well not much there are more cards around, I suppose, whether this is down to LHR it's hard to say.

Soldato
The LHR cards were meant to make GPUs unappealing to miners thus putting cards in to gamers hand, oh the irony then if the argument is made that the LHR versions are a different SKU, which is then used as a means to cancel backorders, AND it's made absolutely no difference to supply, well not much there are more cards around, I suppose, whether this is down to LHR it's hard to say.
so will the non-LHR 3080's be worth more secondhand?

Soldato
Supply largely depends on ethereum prices, when it crashed a few months ago there was plenty of cards in stock now it's going up again supply has dropped and since LHR is half cracked now for bedroom miners and probably fully cracked by the billion dollar mining companies that buy direct and Hoover up half the supply then it's not much of a deterrent.

Last edited:
Associate
haven’t been on the forum in a couple of months, and it’s almost been a year now since the 3080 released. Everyone got their 3080’s now?

Nope... am now 3rd in the queue for the 'standard' Palit and no idea if they are even being made anymore and this waiting is futile. Being down ~£750 for almost a year kinda sucks but the alternative is cancelling or switching and having to pay almost double. Would be great to know if these are EOL or not...

Associate

If this happens I will be contacting trading standards and shopping elsewhere in the future. I doubt there will be enough complaints for them to do anything but it’s the least I can do in return. Takes about 10 mins to fill in the form.

it’s looking more and more like I will have to refund, I contacted customer service they just said we have no eta, please be patient, and that’s pretty much verbatim, short to the point and basically F off.

I had to ask them about offers it wasn’t offered to me and just got the generic one offered before in the forum post a month or so ago which has had no updates or stock updates since, which is the same price as another company online so nothing special price was or anything. It really all depends if I last long enough in the queue for them to get enough 3080 lhr in to actually get to me in the queue to then try and charge me more for the same product.

We are talking hypothetical as it hasn’t happened to me. I’m just stuck with lost money in limbo land because if I refund I have lost all chance of getting one at a reasonable price therefore getting one at all, simply because I chose the wrong retailer on release day. I will be honest if I’m forced to refund after this long I will probably write up the experience anyway for trading standards as I don’t agree with the practice of taking that many pre orders knowing you can’t fulfil the orders or deliberately not fulfilling the orders due to the stock prices dramatically increasing or putting that stock on the website instead at new higher prices or a total unwillingness to sort out waiting customers with ulternative products to clear the queues, instead it feels like they are trying to force refunds by ignoring the problem. It’s conjecture but all I can do is write up my experience and pass it on. At the end of the day, maybe a few hundred upset customers is a drop in the bucket to ocuk or they made so much money from reselling our preorder money they don’t care.

The problem is this the kind of crap that happens when you create unhappy customers.

Caporegime
short to the point and basically F off.

image.png

Associate
I take it you guys are also mad that OCUK chose to scalp LHR cards instead of fulfilling their preorders from a year ago?

I would always use them instead of the big players, support local business and all that, but I'm seriously questioning that choice now.

Associate
It was always hit and miss if anything was posted in there, even when 30 odd came in of one SKU it did not get mentioned, we only knew by people posting they received dispatch notes in here or the previous starting thread.

Associate
It was always hit and miss if anything was posted in there, even when 30 odd came in of one SKU it did not get mentioned, we only knew by people posting they received dispatch notes in here or the previous starting thread.
That is interesting to know, thanks for that information. I assumed when moving down the list it was because people might have been cancelling, now I think it could be that the cards are coming in, but we are not being fully updated in the alternative forms. Thanks for the information:)

Associate
That is interesting to know, thanks for that information. I assumed when moving down the list it was because people might have been cancelling, now I think it could be that the cards are coming in, but we are not being fully updated in the alternative forms. Thanks for the information:)
Stock has badly dried up since those times months ago though, more than likely any movement now is odd few taking the alternative offers if still going but mostly cancellations.
I cancelled mine in November last year as I got a 3080 elsewhere, even got a Founders Edition for my brother end of November, he kept Order here open until a couple of months ago just to see if it came in. We both ordered day 1 before 5pm.

Associate
It really all depends if I last long enough in the queue for them to get enough 3080 lhr in to actually get to me in the queue to then try and charge me more for the same product.

The elephant in the room, that can't be ignored, but you seem to want to, is the fact that the 3080 LHR RRP is considerably higher than the 3080 launch RRP in September 2020. I don't think Nvidia have set a RRP for the LHR cards so there isn't a FE LHR to gauge against. It seems to be down to the individual manufacturers.

I was wondering which card you were holding out for....

January 2021.....
What's up with the asus 3080 Strix specifically, why has such little stock been sent to ocuk from asus for this product? I mean as a rog fan, it's pretty disappointing. I always get a rog card and for some reason, they can't seem to supply stock for this product, more than the usual issue that's obviously affecting all stock levels. What's the extra issue that seems to be going on here. obviously, if i cancel and pre order something else everything has gone up 100 - 200 pounds. there's sort of trust implied with pre orders they are fulfilled in a reasonable time or at all.

Asus 3080 Strix OC - 860 back orders (131 shipped so far) 131 shipped over a 3 - 4 month period.

i have an email saying im over 1000 position in the queue so the figures here are not entirely accurate either. maybe not including cancellations.

Some advice given at the time...

You've got no hope of getting that card. Your own maths should tell you that.

This card is totally MIA you should swap to something else unless you want to wait another 3 or 4 months

Asus is having real trouble supplying cards and unfortunately the 3080 Tuf and 3080 Strix is the worst because of high demand
change to 3090 or a non asus 3080

From Gibbo's March 2021 update.....

Asus Strix OC - 198 shipped, 728 back orders left - Zero incoming

And from his June 2021 update....

Asus Strix OC 585x back orders, 269 shipped (50+ queue position should consider cancelling)

In 9 months, 269 shipped, 30 per month, average of 1 per day. And that 1 per day figure has been pretty consistent.

Given the above figures and you're lowly queue position, the writing had been on the wall for a long time. You have to take some responsibility. Why on earth didn't you request a refund?

I don’t agree with the practice of taking that many pre orders knowing you can’t fulfil the orders or deliberately not fulfilling the orders due to the stock prices dramatically increasing
Again, why didn't you get a refund.

Nvidia (Jensun) publicly stated at the 3080 launch that there would be plenty of stock. Since then, numerous stock constraint warnings. The latest warning, constraints through 2022.

A European webshop that publishes it's figures, has just over 1500 (Original) 3080 orders outstanding. It's not just OCUK who've been caught out. There are still queues worldwide but of course you don't want to acknowledge that as it doesn't fit your narrative.........

Soldato
A European webshop that publishes it's figures, has just over 1500 (Original) 3080 orders outstanding. It's not just OCUK who've been caught out. There are still queues worldwide but of course you don't want to acknowledge that as it doesn't fit your narrative.........
The queues in north America are even worse, Jayz2Cents has said a couple of times now that there are around 2 million people waiting in a queue for a 3080 and the queues are almost as bad for other SKU's all at just one webstore (can't mention name due to competition rules).

Associate
Just managed to snag a 3080 FE with todays NVidia Drops. I'll likely be doing the thermal pad replacement mods to it when it arrives. Does anyone know what the thickness Thermal pads I need to purchase for 3080 FE?

Back
Top Bottom