• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
An update on this, I wrote up about 3,000 words of documentation and took it to a repair place in town. Get a call the next day, it's working fine, he leaves it running an intense Fuzzy Donut test overnight. Call back in the morning, it's fine. No sign of the PSU being banjaxed either. I'm relieved. The GPU isn't faulty in some fashion. Sounds like all it needed was DDU, a CMOS reset and a bios update. I pick it up, bring it home, plug in power and displayport cables and...the same. Nothing happens.

I try a different power plug. Same. I start getting very upset. I try something as a hail mary and, would you believe it, nothing was wrong with any of the parts in the first place at all. Do you know what the damn problem was? It just won't boot if it's only got DisplayPort plugged in with no HDMI. Plug HDMI in to the card, it's totally fine. I start laughing at how absurd it all is. How was I supposed to expect that, my old 1660 was fine with just displayport.

That's something I'm going to be working on fixing (from what I gather it's down to the DP cables themselves, but I didn't experience this on the 1660) but it's absolutely workable; it just does BIOS over HDMI then switches over to displayport once I get to Windows, TV auto-switches. Some of my other issues still remain (seemingly RAM-related), but the GPU is fine. That's my wait mostly over with. I'm still setting up my new OS but I can't wait to give it a test.

As an aside, has anyone else with 3080/Ti models (specifically the strix 3080Ti OC in my case) noticed anything with coil whine? It would make quite a lot of noise when running Heaven Benchmark, but it's whisper-quiet otherwise and Heaven has it running 100% achieving around 300fps. There's also a chance the whine might quieten down with time based on some anecdotes, and I'm usually wearing headphones. Have yet to test it with games running at less intense framerates.

Don't know if other said this, but it might not be that it's not booting, but only that the screen is blank while it's booting up, I've had this happen depending on what cable type I am using or what GPU I have in my machine at the time.

Hello, thought I'd post some info and throw my lot into the mix, although seems I'm already late to the party...

I ordered and paid for in full an Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB at the start of October 2020 when they were in stock at OCUK for about £700. I was then informed abruptly that actually there was no stock and I had to wait - which I've done patiently for nearly a year stupidly thinking OCUK had my back and were a stand-up outfit.

After chasing up with OCUK today I was informed that everything was OK and that they were confident I'd eventually get my card. However, after some additional further pressing them today after seeing this very shady and quite frankly bad faith R2 LHR second revision technicality nonsense (of which the exact same R2 LHR card is in stock in OCUK), I was then informed that they haven't had a shipment of the card I ordered since April 2021, ARE NOT expecting one, and haven't had any stock since and there is ZERO ETA. This also means that the slow(very slow!) movement of the order queue over the last several months(of which I'm still currently about #400) has been ENTIRELY composed of cancellation/refunds since April 2021 i.e. totally misleading on the part of OCUK.

TLDR this translates into OCUK knowingly and quite happily stringing along a loyal and long time customer into what is essentially the retail equivalent of constructive dismissal to force a refund so they don't have to honour the initial purchase price, with a hint of good old fashion theft.

They should have informed us of the above and the other the issue(s) so that we could have made an informed decision and bought a different card earlier in the year. At the very least informed us that the R2 cards (which are EXACTLY the same card if not worse due to poorer resale values from the LHR) were in stock and organised some order transfer/meet us half way type of thing etc.
I've requested a refund obviously and advise anyone in a similar position if you haven't already to do the same based on the above information.

Shame on OCUK. I'm so aggrieved by this and the lies and the thinly veiled pedantic obtuseness of the matter that depending on how litigious I feel, I may even have to summon the energy to pursue some kind of case with the FCA/Consumer Rights/Citizens Advice etc etc blah blah....

Goodbye

Soldato
Yeah well it's always baffled me that people would wait more than a month or so in a queue, you all have a lot more patience than me. I mean did you actually want the card or not. A year is usually a lifetime for graphics cards.

Soldato
Yeah well it's always baffled me that people would wait more than a month or so in a queue, you all have a lot more patience than me. I mean did you actually want the card or not. A year is usually a lifetime for graphics cards.
Of course we wanted the card, but do we need it and for many the answer is no. So why not wait as best case is we get the card at a good price. Worse case we can get our money back and buy next gen cards hopefully at a more normal price. Some of us see the worst option as canceling, getting a refund then rebuying at double the price. It might take a while but as some point shipping containers will go back to near normal costs and the other problems will get better so the current temporary spike will reduce. If TI's drop in price I might think about upgrading but like many I have a personnel cap on price per performance that I am willing to spend and TI's are just a little over that cap. The way I see it waiting seems the best option for now. But I will reassess if/when TI prices drop and when the next GPU refresh happens.

Associate
I am only still waiting because you get a free copy of watchdogs with the purchase. That thought is the only thing kept me going all these months. :,) !!!! p.s this is satire.

Soldato
Some people just don't want to accept or can't handle the reality of the situation so carry on as if nothing has changed. Still though it amazes me that after a year it's only now just starting to dawn on people that their pre-order won't be fulfilled.

Associate
Some people just don't want to accept or can't handle the reality of the situation so carry on as if nothing has changed. Still though it amazes me that after a year it's only now just starting to dawn on people that their pre-order won't be fulfilled.
I think people are only cancelling now because of the email sent out that 3080’s “might” now be EOL. Some people are okay living in uncertainty, if they waited then they get rewarded with either the card, which I know a lot of people got throughout the year. Or even better, doubled their money by selling on. It’s hard being 5th (such as myself) in line and pulling that cancel trigger. My cancelling would not be based on it not coming, no one currently knows that. My cancelling would be based on the idea that technically the 3080 is a year out of date :).

Associate
Hello, thought I'd post some info and throw my lot into the mix, although seems I'm already late to the party...

I ordered and paid for in full an Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB at the start of October 2020 when they were in stock at OCUK for about £700. I was then informed abruptly that actually there was no stock and I had to wait - which I've done patiently for nearly a year stupidly thinking OCUK had my back and were a stand-up outfit.

After chasing up with OCUK today I was informed that everything was OK and that they were confident I'd eventually get my card. However, after some additional further pressing them today after seeing this very shady and quite frankly bad faith R2 LHR second revision technicality nonsense (of which the exact same R2 LHR card is in stock in OCUK), I was then informed that they haven't had a shipment of the card I ordered since April 2021, ARE NOT expecting one, and haven't had any stock since and there is ZERO ETA. This also means that the slow(very slow!) movement of the order queue over the last several months(of which I'm still currently about #400) has been ENTIRELY composed of cancellation/refunds since April 2021 i.e. totally misleading on the part of OCUK.

TLDR this translates into OCUK knowingly and quite happily stringing along a loyal and long time customer into what is essentially the retail equivalent of constructive dismissal to force a refund so they don't have to honour the initial purchase price, with a hint of good old fashion theft.

They should have informed us of the above and the other the issue(s) so that we could have made an informed decision and bought a different card earlier in the year. At the very least informed us that the R2 cards (which are EXACTLY the same card if not worse due to poorer resale values from the LHR) were in stock and organised some order transfer/meet us half way type of thing etc.
I've requested a refund obviously and advise anyone in a similar position if you haven't already to do the same based on the above information.

Shame on OCUK. I'm so aggrieved by this and the lies and the thinly veiled pedantic obtuseness of the matter that depending on how litigious I feel, I may even have to summon the energy to pursue some kind of case with the FCA/Consumer Rights/Citizens Advice etc etc blah blah....

Goodbye

Thank you for posting this. I was not aware OCUK had the Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB listed as "10+ In Stock" on their website. One month ago, an OCUK customer rep ASSURED me, that if the LHR version of my card arrived, it WOULD be shipped as a replacement. Today, they say no. This is not possible. Wow. Amazing company. Will put request for refund in now. Queue position #6 by the way so have fun everybody below that, you are moving up one!

But in reality, I strongly advise everyone make contact with OCUK about this as it seems they have NO intention now of fullfilling these orders. Simply on the grounds it is a "V2 LHR" card and ofc, it costs more. Why fulfill orders when you can sell them now at new RRP. Such a slap in the face to their customers. Will not ever do business here again.

Associate
Thank you for posting this. I was not aware OCUK had the Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB listed as "10+ In Stock" on their website. One month ago, an OCUK customer rep ASSURED me, that if the LHR version of my card arrived, it WOULD be shipped as a replacement. Today, they say no. This is not possible. Wow. Amazing company. Will put request for refund in now. Queue position #6 by the way so have fun everybody below that, you are moving up one!

But in reality, I strongly advise everyone make contact with OCUK about this as it seems they have NO intention now of fullfilling these orders. Simply on the grounds it is a "V2 LHR" card and ofc, it costs more. Why fulfill orders when you can sell them now at new RRP. Such a slap in the face to their customers. Will not ever do business here again.

Hold on, I thought OcUK said that they were stocking up on the TUF cards so that they could offer them to people who have been waiting in the current queues to try and clear the backlog of pre-orders?? Now they are just listed on the site as 10+ in stock and we're all left high and dry?

Associate
Hold on, I thought OcUK said that they were stocking up on the TUF cards so that they could offer them to people who have been waiting in the current queues to try and clear the backlog of pre-orders?? Now they are just listed on the site as 10+ in stock and we're all left high and dry?

You can phone them or send a webnote and ask is my advice. But in my experience, they are not going to give you the LHR version of your card. They will most likely tell you what I was told, that it costs too much.

Here is copy of my email correspondance from one month ago.

bdmk said:
Hello I have asked this a few times on the forums already with a request for a member of staff to reply to no avail. Recently, I phoned OCUK to discuss the upgrade options for my Asus 3080 Non OC pre-order. The options given did not suit me so I opted to continue waiting in queue as I am now in position #7. I did ask the gentleman on the phone (who was very polite and helpful) that if an LHR version of my card arrived, would I be switched over to it. He said yes, that shouldn't be a problem. What I did not ask, is if this is going to cost me more money. I am not willing to pay extra after 11 months of waiting for an LHR version of my card. Is this accurate that customers with these pre orders will need to now pay extra to get an LHR version of the same card they have already paid for? Clarification on this would be much appreciated.

and here is the reply from OCUK

OCUK said:
Dear bdmk,

Not to worry bdmk! As all 3080 cards are now LHR there wouldn't be extra to be paid and whichever becomes available (LHR or non-LHR) will be the one that is sent. If me or my colleagues can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we'll be happy to help.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards,

Oliver L

Today I asked why there are LHR versions of my card listed as in stock on the website and I was given no shipping for a unit. Here is what I was told.

OCUK said:
Dear bdmk,

Unfortunately the situation regarding this has changed bdmk apologies for the confusion. The cost of the new cards has been revealed to be much higher than the original card you ordered, so unfortunately we cannot send out the new V2 LHR cards to existing 3080 TUF customers.

We are more than happy assist you in picking an instock card if you would like us to help with that?

Regards,

Tom M

Such poor business practice. But whatever. I knew waiting this time was a longshot. But I really did think last month that they would fulfill my order with an LHR or non LHR version after speaking with them. My advice is make contact with OCUK urgently. Arrange to get a card in stock and pay extra (I was not prepared to do this) or have them issue your refund. Good luck.

Associate
I ordered my 3080 within hours of launch on the first day they were available back in September 2020. I was told my card was in stock and would be dispatched within a few days, I was not told I was paying upfront to enter a queue. A few days later I was told I had been put in a queue but they were going to keep the money I had paid so as to guarantee my price in case prices increased in the future.

Now it looks like I am never going to get my card because the price has increased too much even though they have my card in stock, honestly I don’t mine I couldn’t care less if it is LHR or not. Isn’t this the risk Overclockers took by taking millions of pounds upfront and putting everyone in a queue?

We have basically given Overclockers a massive interest free loan for a year and wasted everyone’s time. It feels like Overclockers is cheating the system which they created and setup in the first place. I feel they should at least send an LHR card to everyone in the queue up to a certain position whether its 20 or 30 or whatever and then cancel everyone else’s order and apologise rather than just waiting for everyone to get bored and drop out one by one because they are not fulfilling orders now that they have the ability to fulfil and promised they would.

OcUK Staff
I ordered my 3080 within hours of launch on the first day they were available back in September 2020. I was told my card was in stock and would be dispatched within a few days, I was not told I was paying upfront to enter a queue. A few days later I was told I had been put in a queue but they were going to keep the money I had paid so as to guarantee my price in case prices increased in the future.

Now it looks like I am never going to get my card because the price has increased too much even though they have my card in stock, honestly I don’t mine I couldn’t care less if it is LHR or not. Isn’t this the risk Overclockers took by taking millions of pounds upfront and putting everyone in a queue?

We have basically given Overclockers a massive interest free loan for a year and wasted everyone’s time. It feels like Overclockers is cheating the system which they created and setup in the first place. I feel they should at least send an LHR card to everyone in the queue up to a certain position whether its 20 or 30 or whatever and then cancel everyone else’s order and apologise rather than just waiting for everyone to get bored and drop out one by one because they are not fulfilling orders now that they have the ability to fulfil and promised they would.

I have made a major update in the update thread.

To address your points:
Due to the unprecedented demand our website crashed, froze due to thousounds of people attempting to order all at once, OcUK was not the only site, this happened globally as no website could handle the demand, even NVIDIA could never ever had predicted the level of demand and that is why still to this day there are day 1 orders at several webshops not fulfilled as supply has never caught up. Also what followed was unprecedented, Covid, lockdowns, Brexit, global shortages, BTC Mining boom, shipping/couriers getting overloaded, a case of if something can get any worse, well it did, every single market has been hit hard, new car shortages and new cars been canceled, not excuses just facts.

I amfraid you won't get the card, the AIB partners have now EOL all the cards, so they are no longer available I am afraid.
LHR versions are new products, which you did not order, plus they also cost vastly more so a free upgrade or low cost upgrade is not possible sorry.

You have not given OcUK anything, the money held for back orders is held in the business account and ear marked so it cannot be touched or used for anything it just sits there, as such should people request there money back, something I have been recommending people now do for several months you are free to do so and will get your money back, just fill in the webform:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScHx20j7xoFxNAfR3L5yGZg4lNYfBBLgSvedst0R21FNNYrYQ/viewform

OcUK did not create this issue, we launched a product, on day one 15,000+ 3080's were pre-sold and at the time we were not told the product would be EOL in less than a year from launch. But as already said no one could predict this the world has dramatically changed in 2020 due to the obvious and going forward it looks to not be getting any better, in fact worse.

OcUK has sent LHR to customers as free upgrades where manufacturers assisted in doing so, OcUK also upgraded several custmers when it was financially viable to do so, I myself have also recommended for months now people request a refund and/or try to buy an FE card when they drop. A search of this very thread will reveal as such.

I can only apologise we can't meet all the orders, were in the same boat as many other shops around the world, we have made a few upgrade solution available which can be seen in the update thread.

Back
Top Bottom