• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I'm out lads. After a year of pure faith on my day one 3080 TUF order, I've decided to cancel at position 26 since I managed to snag an FE recently. Probably would have left the order up if things weren't looking as bleak as they are. A mistake on my part for not ordering the OC I guess, I would have had my card by now hah.

Left feeling quite disappointed by how this launch was handled by both Nvidia and ASUS. I acknowledge that a LOT has gone wrong this past year but I still wish they handled communication better instead of dragging everyone along for the better half of a year. No hard feelings against OC, I recognize they've had to deal with a lot as well. I think it's worth noting the compromises they've made to at least remedy the situation. Even if I can't help but feel a bit bitter at the end!

This forum has been super fun to follow though, I had a great time losing my mind with yall! :D

Associate
I have in good faith been tracking my queue position since Oct 2020 and, in in recent months, fully expecting my 3080Tuff OC order to be fulfilled by the LHR stock starting to appear.

Whilst it may carry a different SKU it is essentially the same product and certainly the sold as a direct replacement.

Not fullfilling long standing back orders is, in my opinion, a breach of trust.

What did OCUK think queue holders were waiting for over the past 4 months - a full hash rate card ??

Dissapointing.

Last edited:
Associate
I was position 9 for the 3080 Tuf OC, reading the room I tapped out last Friday and just bought a LHR version putting the extra to it just to get the damn thing as I was done waiting. I notice the price has gone up by £80 just since I bought the thing. I did get a small discount so ended up having to pay £360 over the £750 I paid last year. I do think it's a kick in the teeth OCUk not honouring are pre purchases just cuz Asus changed the bar code on the damn box, anyway you vote with your feet, I have spent 10's thousands of £ I with ocuk over the years, it has always been my favourite shop and I'd buy from them sometime even if it was more expensive, I have bought 4 or 5 full systems from them, but the GPU will be the last time I buy from them.

Associate
I was position 9 for the 3080 Tuf OC, reading the room I tapped out last Friday and just bought a LHR version putting the extra to it just to get the damn thing as I was done waiting. I notice the price has gone up by £80 just since I bought the thing. I did get a small discount so ended up having to pay £360 over the £750 I paid last year. I do think it's a kick in the teeth OCUk not honouring are pre purchases just cuz Asus changed the bar code on the damn box, anyway you vote with your feet, I have spent 10's thousands of £ I with ocuk over the years, it has always been my favourite shop and I'd buy from them sometime even if it was more expensive, I have bought 4 or 5 full systems from them, but the GPU will be the last time I buy from them.

This is the correct response to me, the customer takes the blame for a poor website that oversold. Then OC blames Nvidia to push the issue along (There is no doubt Nvidia let the market down but OC did sell it to you), warranty starts with the seller, then lands with the manufacturer.
yes its nice to say OC have been fair but unless you got the free upgrade you have been taken for one.

I have now moved from OC as my prefered retailer, the loyalty of thousands has now been thrown in the air. No amount of blame shifting will change that now.

Soldato
Lesson learnt no point in pre ordering anymore as it's a complete waste of time, what a abosolute shambles this industry has become, dress it up all you like but its down to pure greed nothing else.

Associate
Yeah well it's always baffled me that people would wait more than a month or so in a queue, you all have a lot more patience than me. I mean did you actually want the card or not. A year is usually a lifetime for graphics cards.
yeah ppl want the cards, but for most of us it's just an expensive toy to play games with, so while the price is stupid, and everyone almost certainly has graphics cards already, we can be patience and wait on the off chance we can get a card at or near MSRP, the advice from most of the big tech youtubers is to wait anyway as the market is still stupid. The other thing I'd say is up until recently there have been no cards in stock anywhere, and the only way to get them was to pay a scalper, or sit there all hours of the day and night waiting to snipe a card when or if they appeared somewhere, and I ain't paying no scalpers, and I am an adult with a life and kids and work and all that, so I can't plot off all day waiting for stuff to come in stock.

Associate
Lesson learnt no point in pre ordering anymore as it's a complete waste of time, what a abosolute shambles this industry has become, dress it up all you like but its down to pure greed nothing else.
Yeah deffo, I wonder if anyone will be doing pre-orders again, lol

Associate
I completely agree with you all. During the pandemic and still counting the HW companies made very good $$ so a little give back to the customers will not hurt their profits too much. But I guess it is a "new world order" by putting profit before customers

Associate

This is the correct response to me, the customer takes the blame for a poor website that oversold. Then OC blames Nvidia to push the issue along (There is no doubt Nvidia let the market down but OC did sell it to you), warranty starts with the seller, then lands with the manufacturer.
yes its nice to say OC have been fair but unless you got the free upgrade you have been taken for one.

I have now moved from OC as my prefered retailer, the loyalty of thousands has now been thrown in the air. No amount of blame shifting will change that now.

Completely agree with the above. Personally, even from October 10th last year I've had no great urgency to upgrade my stalwart 980 and will be riding out this fiasco with OC for the lulz or until a supplier with more "clout" can be found.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
or until a supplier with more "clout" can be found.
Nobody has more clout that Nvidia...

When hundreds of millions of dollars worth of cards found their way directly into the hands of mining companies, instead of trying to clear back orders, is it any surprise that end user supply never improved?

We were given promise after promise after promise that supply would improve and it didn't. I guarantee that my anger level is right up there with anybody who's now facing the prospect of having to cancel their pre-order. Gibbo and I have had a big hand in growing this company and its reputation for half of our lives now and this issue has done major damage, despite our best efforts.

*edited*

Last edited:
Associate
Nobody has more clout that Nvidia themselves and when Nvidia sign deals to supply hundreds of millions of dollars worth of RTX 30 series mining cards direct to mining companies, and that doesn't include countless deals done by their AIBs to do similar...is it any surprise that end user supply never improved?

We were given promise after promise after promise that supply would improve and it didn't. I guarantee that my anger level is right up there with anybody who's now facing the prospect of having to cancel their pre-order. Gibbo and I have had a big hand in growing this company and its reputation for half of our lives now and this issue has done major damage, despite our best efforts.

If you want to save your reputation supplying the pre-orders with LHR cards is the way to do it. I know its not a great situation and its expensive but people have been waiting patiently for a year on the understanding that when the cards were in stock they would be supplied at the price they paid. If you had said a year ago if the price goes up too much we won't supply the cards I doubt everyone would have waited this long.

Caporegime
This is @ScottiB most days...

image.png

:D

Associate
If you genuinely believe there are no cards coming in why are you holding onto peoples money until they request a refund? surely at this point you should just refund everyone. you have decided not to upgrade to LHR I know because i have been stupid enough to pay the extra and have one that you are not longer replacing original with LHR. the only honourable thing is to admit you got it wrong and refund.

Back
Top Bottom