• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
Would suggest closing this thread, as it's just people left waiting for the impossible. You're not getting an AIB 3080 10GB at MSRP from launch day, accept this and move on.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Gibbo been saying for months now, if you want a refund just ask. Apparentlty offering money back is not a good look.

He's said it on here yes. But by looks of it no email has been sent out. As I said, not everyone in the queues are on the forum.

It is just common courtesy to send an email out explaining that they will be issuing automatic refunds as they can no longer supply the cards at the initial prices.

Soldato
He's said it on here yes. But by looks of it no email has been sent out. As I said, not everyone in the queues are on the forum.

It is just common courtesy to send an email out explaining that they will be issuing automatic refunds as they can no longer supply the cards at the initial prices.

^.. This

Not all customers are forum users and I bet you most are not forum users. There should be an email sent and a message on their account stating the cards are EOL and a refund will be done. Otherwise @Harlequin seems to think it is ok for a company to keep customers money for no product being sent as it is now EOL.

Seriously if this happened to me on any retailer I would never use them again. I don't know what OCUK is doing in the background and if they are contacting people or not but I do know some companies take orders and never send the items ordered or preordered and hope you forget the order, I have had this done to me recently with Zavvi and in the end called the bank for a charge back to get my money back because they gave every excuse why they can't do a refund on a very expensive order with them that was never sent over many months and even a new order that was promised before xmas that also never was sent but they pretend it was, read their recent reviews reviews on trustpilot, ignore the fake good ones they are not real and then go on their cs on twitter and see the reality.

Companies seem to think they can get away with this behaviour of taking customers money and not delivering the service paid for. It has never been this bad, all started when covid started this behaviour.. you know always the C excuse and ohh because of the other letter excuse B "brexit". Nothing more than fraud what some companies are doing.

My experience with OCUK has always been excellent but as said above if customers have not been contacted that the item they ordered is EOL they should be and refunded ASAP as I'm sure these customers are upset enough not getting their order well over a year now.

Associate
Hi have been waiting over a year for TUF OC 3080 and am currently 20th in queue. I feel I have waited to long to pull out of the queue for a refund.I understand overclockers are under a lot of stress with this card situation.Do you guys have any suggestions on what I do.

Soldato
Hi have been waiting over a year for TUF OC 3080 and am currently 20th in queue. I feel I have waited to long to pull out of the queue for a refund.I understand overclockers are under a lot of stress with this card situation.Do you guys have any suggestions on what I do.
Get a refund then set up alerts and try grab a founders edition card for MSRP.

ljt

ljt

Soldato

Unfortunately you won't be getting that card for the price you paid from Overclockers. You're only option is a refund or pay them more to get a 3080 that they have in stock.

This is clear evidence that OcUK are not sending out emails to the people remaining in the queues to say that they will not be getting their cards they ordered and will be issued an automatic refund.

It really is disgusting practice and shows no respect for their customers. They are now sitting with their money knowing full well they won't be fulfilling those orders.

Associate
Unfortunately you won't be getting that card for the price you paid from Overclockers. You're only option is a refund or pay them more to get a 3080 that they have in stock.

This is clear evidence that OcUK are not sending out emails to the people remaining in the queues to say that they will not be getting their cards they ordered and will be issued an automatic refund.

It really is disgusting practice and shows no respect for their customers. They are now sitting with their money knowing full well they won't be fulfilling those orders.
Yea I just refunded it. Throughout this time all I get is an email every couple of weeks with my queue position going down once or twice. I assumed this was because cards were being shipped out at a slow rate, but now I'm pretty sure it was still going down due to people just getting refunds.

Soldato
If its got to the point OCUK have stock that they refusing to fulfil orders because its a different SKU id or because they would be losing money, then surely the moral thing for them to do is immediately refund everyone left in the queue automatically.

Last edited:
Associate
If its got to the point OCUK have stock that they refusing to fulfil orders because its a different SKU id or because they would be losing money, then the only one moral thing for them to do is immediately refund everyone left in the queue automatically.

My principles are strong on this, and if nothing happens here it may affect my future purchase decisions.

Hopefully OC are giving the interest from pre orders to charity.

Caporegime
Hopefully OC are giving the interest from pre orders to charity.

image.pngNina

Soldato
Send an email out and proactively perform work to return money to people?

That I'm sure is an option that never crossed their greedy minds.

And let's have less of these poor ocuk comments, they've been working really hard and it's been stressful. Wtf? It's their job. Get the .... On with it. It isn't hard labour is it? It is their job.

Agreed. All these posts threads should be closed.

And I hope those that pre-ordered and don't use the forums have their money returned without asking...

Ocuk can't have technically invested that money I think (I might be wrong), but having all that money sitting around has helped a lot. The refunds should be coming with a store voucher as an apology.

Last edited:
Soldato
You certainly do have to wonder why OCUK don't automatically refund. Is there some breach of contract legal thing going on, with OCUK being the ones that would be in breach on contract if they fail to supply the contracted goods?

Back
Top Bottom