• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
Guys just a quick one - I found RTX 3080TI on Gumtree for 1400 so i send him a quick message "can i come to pick it up". He replied me back saying : Hi, I order directly from a Nvidia distributor, I don't hold stock. If you would like to place an order, you can do so for collection or delivery. The average lead time is 7-14 days. This can be much less if you order Founders Edition cards etc. Best Regards, Aaron Exec Pr-Consulting [email protected] +442081577495
I'm not a fan of using gumtree website, but doesn't that seem suspicious?
In addition to that, will the GPU market situation improve next year?, anyone knows something,paying 2k for 3080ti is just craaazy.

Gumtree is for face to face sales in exchange for cold hard cash.

Anything else you run far away from.

Anyway so I got some early 4080 cards for sale, yes 4080 you heard me! You can BT payment to me and I'll get my mate bob to bring em round to your house next week, sound good?

Associate
Hi Guys,
Just had a quick look at this thread after more than a year. Cant believe how crazy the GPU scene has gone. Lucky enough to get a gigabyte 3080 OC for my son back in Nov-20. Paid £780.
I am sick to the stomach to see some of the prices now.

The GPU market needs some competition its become a monopoly! Come on intel, apple, bezos, musk, samsung - SORT IT OUT!

Soldato
Hi Guys,
Just had a quick look at this thread after more than a year. Cant believe how crazy the GPU scene has gone. Lucky enough to get a gigabyte 3080 OC for my son back in Nov-20. Paid £780.
I am sick to the stomach to see some of the prices now.

The GPU market needs some competition its become a monopoly! Come on intel, apple, bezos, musk, samsung - SORT IT OUT!

Sort what out? This is capitalism.

Associate
Sort what out? This is capitalism.
Hmmnnn....Don’t get me started on that!
Its capitalism when corps and sellers and traders are making money. Its end of the world when there is a ‘bug’ in the system and government and public finances are called on to bail everybody out.
A rigged system so that the privalaged always come out on top!

Associate
Because it is available on Nvidia site doesn't mean it is available on the retailers site (I'll bet my house on that)

I have never said it is available on the retailers sites in the same time.
The point I was trying to make is that the best chance is to grab it from Nvidia for MSRP price as I did on that evening.
It was in stock for over an hour and it took me around 10 minutes to complete the order.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
It has been a minute since I took a look in this thread. I am well aware the situation never got better but how is the queue stuff going now or is that just scrapped?

As posted several months ago, the products are now EOL.

People still waiting need to request a refund or change to an alternative product and pay or get a refund for the price difference.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
As posted several months ago, the products are now EOL.

People still waiting need to request a refund or change to an alternative product and pay or get a refund for the price difference.

Then why not send an email out to those remaining in the queues saying they will now be automatically refunded if they don't want to change to an alternative?

Not everyone in the queue will be reading the forums....

Soldato
Then why not send an email out to those remaining in the queues saying they will now be automatically refunded if they don't want to change to an alternative?

Not everyone in the queue will be reading the forums....

100% agree, this is not a good look for OCUK.. if items are EOL then send an email explaining this and refund the customers, also I believe the customers should not have been charged anyways when preordering and only charged on despatch of the items.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
How do you know they haven't done so already?

Because you still get people here asking about when they are likely to receive their card, or others asking for updates, and those are just the ones who actually have access and read the forums.

Equally I would have expected an update in this thread from OcUK stating that the cards are now EOL and anyone currently in the queue will be getting an email update stating they will receive an automatic refund unless they come forward and let OcUK know they would like an alternative for even more money.

Associate
Crazy but true ..... I'm #322 in queue for "Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card". I was hoping for a magical xmas present with its arrival, but that didn't happen. Going to pull the trigger for a refund in the coming week.

Soldato
100% agree, this is not a good look for OCUK.. if items are EOL then send an email explaining this and refund the customers, also I believe the customers should not have been charged anyways when preordering and only charged on despatch of the items.
Gibbo been saying for months now, if you want a refund just ask. Apparentlty offering money back is not a good look.

Back
Top Bottom