• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
why is it that every major PC component store are not taking pre orders no orders full stop yet OCUK are the only store taking thousands of pre-orders?

they might be getting a cargo train full of 3080/90s im sure of it, biggest GPU store in the UK, must be expecting a massive shipment imminently

Associate
Associate
Yep been rumours of it for a little while now, same time 20GB is more than likely unnecessary.
We also got zero idea what the pricing is going to be for them, what is the increase in power consumption if there is any, if there is what impact does that have on what board designs.

Wouldn't be surprised if they start at £1k
1K sounds about right.

Associate
I think it's getting dangerously close to confirming that OCUK won't be collecting any of the Palit shipments that was supposedly supposed to arrive sometime last week to early this week.

Associate
This is my 2cent on the whole situation, the 3000's series have been a disaster for Nvidia.
They decided to go with Samsung which was there first massive mistake, this made the cards draw way too much, power needing expensive cooling and clock slower than the Turing cards on TMSC.
And for what to get a slightly better deal, with worse yields and possibly delayed wafers.
Another obvious mistake was not giving AIB's any amount of time to truly test the chips and we all know the **** fest that happened next. Again more delays as cards were pulled back for more testing and hardware changes.
But it's fine :o, it was a driver issue all along, but AIB's didn't seem to acknowledge this, what a joke that could have easily been avoided.
So what we got in there top card the 3090, a 24gb 8k card :rolleyes: that doesn't overclock due to going with Samsung and having very few binned chips and pulls a ridiculous amount of power, for what 10-15 more fps LOL

But hey the hype train was real and still is as it seems now the the 20gb variant is the answer and we should wait for this as this is really the answer to the 2080ti, more ram more future proofing right :confused:
I think Nvidia screwed up this time, Ampere is not made for gaming, simple as that.

If AMD ever had a chance to win over the Nvidia Fanboys, it's now. And not just in the mid-range price to performance, but all the way to the top. There silicon is more mature, better yields, higher binned. If they have a answer to DLSS, which I think they will with the help of Microsoft and Sony, they have something special coming our way. And for us over-clockers that like to water-cool these may be the cards to go for. To put it in few words NAVI was made for gaming

I might be wrong, I hope not, but hey it's worth waiting to find out.
And with that said I'm out :)
Canceling my 3080 tomorrow, Gigabyte 3080 OC, 114 in the Q

Associate
Cancelled my PNY pre order and decided to go with a prebuilt - will be transferring my RTX 2080 over to the prebuilt and selling it on as a complete system. Costs me maybe £100 for the trouble, but the £770 refund from OCUK mitigates most of that vs. MSRP anyway. Best of luck guys, this has been an absolute nightmare.

Associate
Managed to get on and order at 17:43 on the 17th, got 731 in the queue for a Gigabyte Eagle OC and been lurking since launch. The lack of any info from literally anywhere regarding shipping to the UK is slightly worrying tbh.:rolleyes:

Associate
I'm planning to watercool, if I ever get this card, but I feel like I'm going to miss my current card simply for the temps.

rtx.png
(with room at apparently 23, I feel I'm not going to get close without adding some bonkers additional radiator)

Very curious about seeing reviews of some of the waterblocks...

Associate
I'm planning to watercool, if I ever get this card, but I feel like I'm going to miss my current card simply for the temps.

rtx.png
(with room at apparently 23, I feel I'm not going to get close without adding some bonkers additional radiator)

Very curious about seeing reviews of some of the waterblocks...

I don't see the point in watercooling these cards. The AIB models have such OP coolers that it feels nearly pointless.

Associate
Well I was hoping being 221 in the ASUS tuf que I’d be looking around late Oct early Nov, il be honest if I don’t get my card by the time cyberpunks out I’m more than likely gunna cancel my order and just wait it out may even skip the whole generation and keep using the 1080ti.

Side note just by a general show of hands how many people who are thinking about getting a 5000 zen cpu will avoid pre ordering here gotta say feeling pretty burnt with cloak and dagger tactics.

Soldato
Well I was hoping being 221 in the ASUS tuf que I’d be looking around late Oct early Nov, il be honest if I don’t get my card by the time cyberpunks out I’m more than likely gunna cancel my order and just wait it out may even skip the whole generation and keep using the 1080ti.

Side note just by a general show of hands how many people who are thinking about getting a 5000 zen cpu will avoid pre ordering here gotta say feeling pretty burnt with cloak and dagger tactics.

Yeah I'll get my next ryzen elsewhere, same for RDNA2 since it seems we won't see any zotacs anytime soon

Associate

Yea, because who needs more of these stock shenanigans.

Also as I was transferring my PC's gubbins to a new case I broke my 2600x cpu, which I replaced with a 3700x. So I kind of already did the upgrade and having snagged an FE 3080 I can say that the combination is fine, I am not sure what I will gain with more CPU. I run at 3440x1440 and get plenty of frames. Only odd games seem to really want that single core high hertz.

Back
Top Bottom