• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
ASUS TUF OC ordered 29/09 12:10 (originally ordered on 17th, but had poor communication from the other supplier and had to wait until 29th for a refund)

Queue position; 784

08/10 - 744
14/10 - 719

Not this year then. I feel like they should not be accepting pre-orders at this point.

I've cancelled my order - I will purchase once stock balances out eventually.

Good luck, all.

Associate
It's not like the interest is anything special on £700.

times literally thousands and thousand of times? there are queues for single cards over 2k. they are sitting on probably nearly 10million quid of customer money.

If you mean that the interest for me on 700 quid isn't much of course it isn't. but by taking my money we have entered into a contract that they have not fulfilled.

Associate
A hard fact would be "We are getting 6 MSI Gaming Trio 3090 tomorrow" Don't know what you've been smoking. An OK amount of braincells died replying to this comment
Not going to happen.
Gibbo said "we're not allowed to post exact numbers."
Its in the top post in this thread.

Associate
Here's the evidence of Nvidia forcing Reddit to take a post down about quantities from a retailler:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/com...they/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

That doesn't mean much though does it? That just shows the NVidia mods don't want people to know. That doesn't state OCUK can't share shipment amounts to customers who have paid in full. OCUK probably hide shipment amounts for their own gain, ie prebuilds
That's throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks. Not quite sure why people are defending it when OCUK should tell us. The problem would be solved.

People (myself included) aren't mad at waiting, its the lack of info after paying £700+ upfront. Heck if they didn't charge till dispatch then things would be much calmer around here. All of our speculations could easily be dealt with...

Associate
times literally thousands and thousand of times? there are queues for single cards over 2k. they are sitting on probably nearly 10million quid of customer money.

If you mean that the interest for me on 700 quid isn't much of course it isn't. but by taking my money we have entered into a contract that they have not fulfilled.
Yes, I meant interest on £700 is not much to us (unless of course you have to borrow). We have a right to cancel and have a full refund if we want. We have a choice.

Associate
How should we know that? Have OC said that?

Page 1 of this thread:

"Gibbo said:
Less than 50 is small, more than 50 is average, more than 100 is big and more than 1000 is a dream.

So I will use less, average, big and a dream to help give people an idea but were not allowed to post exact numbers."

[we're not allowed to post exact numbers]

So yes OC HAVE said that

Associate

And this has been discussed on this thread umpteen times....
If you dont like it just cancel your order and get your money back.

Associate
That doesn't mean much though does it? That just shows the NVidia mods don't want people to know. That doesn't state OCUK can't share shipment amounts to customers who have paid in full. OCUK probably hide shipment amounts for their own gain, ie prebuilds
That's throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks. Not quite sure why people are defending it when OCUK should tell us. The problem would be solved.

People (myself included) aren't mad at waiting, its the lack of info after paying £700+ upfront. Heck if they didn't charge till dispatch then things would be much calmer around here. All of our speculations could easily be dealt with...

exactly this.

Associate
And this has been discussed on this thread umpteen times....
If you dont like it just cancel your order and get your money back.

I don't have a choice do I if I want a card before June next year, but defending terrible practice in this way is just enabling terrible practice. For the record I didn't order from OC but im pretty sure the situation was exactly the same at launch time. i didn't pre-order, I ordered a card with an estimated shipping and arrival time of the 21st. I reckon I have a right to be annoyed as does everyone else who did the same. If they hadn't taken my money I wouldn't be annoyed. Behaviour that apparently every other industry can do except this one.

Back
Top Bottom