• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
If Nvidia wanted to create a situation where people were desperate to get their hands on a 30-series graphics card, believed it was nearly impossible to get one in reasonable time and might be prepared to pay inflated prices to get it more quickly, then they have succeeded.

Associate
They do not get boards from AIB's though, they deal with some Distributor they have obviously mugged off otherwise they would get more just like their competitors some of whom do get supply straight from AIB's.

I'm not in the 3080 queue as such, but that's not really the reality of the situation (meaning the getting more, not where from)

Competitors also have pre-order queues and those who don't may occassionally add 5-10 in stock for sale that you either need to be constantly refreshing their pages for.. or can't buy because you haven't been a customer for x years (I am a customer of one.. and can't add to cart, for instance)

The reality is, a few cards here and there are currently being distributed and shared amongs retailers, to show they exist, but the real (larger) shipments are not here yet because it was a paper launch a month or so too early.

Yes, you may be lucky else where, but it really is that.. luck, otherwise.. there would be no queue and would be no long threads of people waiting and checking here there and everywhere for a glimmer of the pitiful stock levels atm. The grass really isn't that much greener elsewhere, unless perhaps you are 2,000 + in the OC queue.. then it might be :p

Associate
Not assuming, we know they have information they are withholding.
AIB's can give regular updates of when they ship out batches to people like me, you really mean to tell me that you believe OCUK aren't privvy to more information than that ??
Whether directly from manufacturer, distributor, or even shipping providers ??
I don't think so

... and those AIB's have been saying things like 'We have a shipment going to the UK next week but you'll have to ask OCUK about anything more specific...'.

Those shipments go to distributors and then they get split up and sent out to the retailers.

The retailers will find out how many they are getting once the distributors decide what is going where.

Do you really want OCUK saying things like 'we think we may get some cards at some point in the next couple of weeks but we don't know how many or when...'

Note that in the case of Inno, where OCUK deal directly with them Gibbo has been talking about the timing for a shipment leaving Inno and when it should arrive with OCUK.

Where they have good quality information they are sharing it.

This is not a normal supply-chain right now, the pipe was empty when Nvidia launched so all the usual rules about order fulfilment and lead times have gone out of the window sadly.

Associate
No, they are not.

One of their competitors clearly is. The difference between them and OCUK over this is night and day.
I'm no OC fanboy.. not at all, in fact I buy more on one of those other sites than here.. but do you mean the site that is putting ETA info on and then changing it and delaying and updating the dates a lot.. with no quantities mentioned other than pre-orders outstanding. That's not quality information, its just guesswork. Of course, you might be on about somewhere else and they may well be.. but is it really accurate, I wouldn't know tbf.

Soldato
@Gibbo @EVH

Good afternoon,

We need some sort of update on Zotac Trinity non OC cards. Cards that weren't for sale on launch day (Trinity OC) are arriving quicker than the card I ordered on the 17th of September. I'm hearing nothing from you, the card is no longer available to even pre-order on your website strangely. Thing is, I'd cancel my order and join the Trinity OC queue with this company if there's more chance of me getting that card first. I think you should at least be able to tell us if we're wasting our time through what you know, or what you're not being told in regards to this particular model. Then we can make the best choice and feel respected for choosing to spend our money at OCUK.

I'm willing to be patient but I'm not going to be happy if this situation with this model is going to continue to be ignored. I'm not demanding a card, I just want to know why the card has been removed from pre-order and if that I'm wasting my time.

Good luck actually getting a answer

Associate
... and those AIB's have been saying things like 'We have a shipment going to the UK next week but you'll have to ask OCUK about anything more specific...'.

Further proves my point that they have an ETA on the stock. Pretty simple

Those shipments go to distributors and then they get split up and sent out to the retailers.
The retailers will find out how many they are getting once the distributors decide what is going where.

Its pretty naive of you to assume that the shipment doesn't get split up until it reaches the distributor
Stock will have been allocated to retailers probably before the shipment even leaves it's country of origin
Its not 1984 we have good methods of communication now

Do you really want OCUK saying things like 'we think we may get some cards at some point in the next couple of weeks but we don't know how many or when...'

Anything would be better than radio silence. I think these 2 threads go a long way to show that the community isn't very happy with how it's being handled.
Again what makes you think they don't know their allocation of stock from the distributor ?
It would be nice for them to give some better ETA's

Associate
Well I am on a competitor website and why is it on a few of their cards they are able to give ETA dates on when more stock will be coming in?

Well, ETA is exactly that, an estimated time of arrival. ETA's chchange, not guaranteed dates and also no mention of how many are coming in. Yeah, I see some ETA's here and there.. have done for a while and have also seen them never appear and the dates change. Or sometimes, some do actually arrive and they're gone before you even finish loading the page :p

I estimate that soon™ all this will be over and everybody wanting one, will have one.

Associate
to be fair that site seemed accurate to me. They said they would get some Gigabyte cards in the last three days of this week, which they did. It was at least 50 Gaming OC cards as that is where I was in the queue. Zero Haribo though, which is upsetting me.

Associate
Still haven't received my queue position for the ASUS TUF RTX 3080. Probably going to cancel soon. I was hoping to keep myself in the queue while I waited and checked other sites to get it sooner but it's looking like these cards won't be shifting any time soon and even when they do it will be about 2 cards at a time.

I don't really want to be sitting £700 out of pocket with no information, no guarantees, for months on end.

Associate
I'm no OC fanboy.. not at all, in fact I buy more on one of those other sites than here.. but do you mean the site that is putting ETA info on and then changing it and delaying and updating the dates a lot.. with no quantities mentioned other than pre-orders outstanding. That's not quality information, its just guesswork. Of course, you might be on about somewhere else and they may well be.. but is it really accurate, I wouldn't know tbf.
It's better than deafening silence.

I am a long time customer of OCUK (look at my join date) and have bought almost all my major builds here. Have had no issue with them at all.

Until now...

Why still take pre-orders when there's no chance of fulfulling them in the near future?

And the cards they do get in seem to be, on some occasions, going into pre-builds. That is wrong.

The only reason for me to stick with them now is the free P&P. And I'm not even sure that's enough.

Associate
Well, one month on from launch day. One month from £910 being taken out of my account. One month with not a single update about the model or even manufacturer of the card I ordered (EVGA 3080 FTW3).

I dont really have anything original to add to the thousand-or-so posts on the forums so far about this shambles, other than to add my name to the growing list of people for whom Overclockers are blacklisted.

It may be the case that EVGA are prioritising other markets, or that the exchange rate makes a difference, or golden week was last week. I knew I wasnt going to get my card on day 1, and I knew I was taking a bit of a punt on availability. I'm not cancelling my order as I know the card I want and I am 18th in the queue.

I've been working in commercial roles my entire life, and no matter whether you have good news, bad news, or no news, transparency and regular updates are the BASICS of good customer service.

All I want is some sort of sign that OcUK ACTUALLY cares. The lack of informantion, the availability of 3080 full builds on the site, the godawful communication and customer service all suggest they dont.

Associate
It's likely that the situation won't change for the rest of the month (happy to proven wrong) but next month I honestly believe there will a lot more momentum.

You could always join the "scalper queue" and by that I don't mean the pre-orders for sale on the bay or forest, but the 3090 queue :) it's a bit shorter.

....<snip>
Why still take pre-orders when there's no chance of fulfulling them in the near future?

Yeah, I mean still taking them is a bit, hmmm.. I can't disagree, although I'm glad they did for a few days at least, so I could at least join a queue (3090 one). Problem I see with it ongoing is, (made up numbers to follow) when 10k hit the shore, OC may well order 10k, but others may too... so its still somewhat of a split. Others will fulfil their orders and have stock, OC won't... many will then immediately jump ship because of availability and OC did themselves no favours and potentially risked making larger orders than they should.. at least, that's one way of thinking. The other is they feel more confident making larger orders because they have customers cash in bank, whereas others don't.

Associate
Well, ETA is exactly that, an estimated time of arrival. ETA's chchange, not guaranteed dates and also no mention of how many are coming in. Yeah, I see some ETA's here and there.. have done for a while and have also seen them never appear and the dates change. Or sometimes, some do actually arrive and they're gone before you even finish loading the page :p

I estimate that soon™ all this will be over and everybody wanting one, will have one.
well it says available soon. Coming from 5/11. Only says that on 2 of the cards. Have clicked notifications, so will get an email when in stock though.

Associate
well it says available soon. Coming from 5/11. Only says that on 2 of the cards. Have clicked notifications, so will get an email when in stock though.

one of them being an Aorus Master 3080 :D 3000 people viewed that in 24 hrs (a lot less than the thousands on some others mind you 44k on the tuf), but its gonna be a hard one to buy when it does come in, but good luck. I'm watching those too (3090 variants) :)

Although.. hopefully in Nov, things will be a little less dire.

Associate
one of them being an Aorus Master 3080 :D 3000 people viewed that in 24 hrs (a lot less than the thousands on some others mind you 44k on the tuf), but its gonna be a hard one to buy when it does come in, but good luck. I'm watching those too (3090 variants) :)

Although.. hopefully in Nov, things will be a little less dire.
Yeah but I am gonna get more anxious and desperate throughout November. Don't wanna play Cyberpunk without it lol. Have a feeling it will run like crap with a 1080 ti at 4k. Need my 60 fps.

Associate
At exactly one month after my order, I finally got a video card for my rig (work in progress).
The best £3 GPU money can buy!
At least now I know that my PC still works...

Back
Top Bottom