• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Friendship ended with ASUS and Overclockers. Jensen and FE are my friends now.

ASUS TUF non-OC to be cancelled. Queue number 8xx.

Hasta la Vista

Associate
What makes you think there will be a FE drop today?

my-spidey-senses-5bc577.jpg

Always trust your spidey senses folks :p

Associate
I'm literally so disappointed at this point, I've tried so hard to be patient, but after @Gibbo gives us his metrics for terms he uses, only to receive SIX cards (putting me from 23rd in queue to 17th) is literally terrible. How within 3 STRIX OC shipments in a month do you get shipments of 3, 9 and 6, it's literally ludicrous at this point. I know the size of the shipments is nothing to do with with Overclockers, but stop with the BS numbers. Don't list a shipment as something as low as 10 but potentially as high as 30 only to get nearly HALF the lowest number.

/rant.

Associate
Seen that as well. Annoying thing is I actually have the funds, but I’m a Yorkshireman and I’m a tight Yorkshireman. Just cannot bring myself to spend nearly twice the cost of my ordered 3080 for about a 10-15% increase in performance. So I will have to wait.
The gap may even be narrower when they move to 7nm or release a Ti version, for just gaming it's really not worth it £650-£800 just for a GPU is enough already. I'm not into self mugging.

Associate
I'm really hoping for some good news today. The dream would be: comparable performance by most meaningful measures, £200 undercut, and explicit acknowledgement of Nvidia's clusterfeck launch by telling us: and we have a million of them produced and they're already on the way to retailers.

It's very clear to me that Nvidia is engaged in disruption tactics. Probably because they're scared that this time maybe, just maybe, AMD got it right.

Associate
We can all hope that the AMD stream will cause mass cancellations for us 3080 people. Im not one for AMD GPU's personally, had bad experiences in the past so Im just gunna stay with my 3080 pre-order. Its not end of the world for me because im 30 in the queue for the Palit Gaming Pro non-OC

Back
Top Bottom