• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Caporegime
Well I’m pleasantly surprised. I didn’t order my GB Gaming OC until the evening of 23 September. The unofficial queue was saying 787, but the email is confirming my position as 276. Might sound a lot, but once the card start shipping in greater numbers towards the end of October, that’s not very high at all. You can get hundreds, sometimes thousands in one shipment if they are rolling off quick enough.

Associate
Disagree. I'm #3 so I know regardless of how many cards they get, I'm going to be somewhere in the next 3 batches (very likely in the next batch)

Likewise someone who's at #2000 knows even if they get 100 cards a week, they'll be waiting a while.

It's a rough estimate sure but not entirely meaningless
That’s very easy to say when you are guaranteed on the next shipment! That person at number 2000 is completely in the dark except for their weekly email. No idea about shipment levels, no idea about shipment dates, no idea at all of when they’ll receive their card. You said it yourself, “they’ll be waiting a while”. Nothing has changed post queue number. The number is useless to them except it giving them the knowledge that they have a damn order that is perhaps moving, week to week.

Associate
That’s very easy to say when you are guaranteed on the next shipment! That person at number 2000 is completely in the dark except for their weekly email. No idea about shipment levels, no idea about shipment dates, no idea at all of when they’ll receive their card. You said it yourself, “they’ll be waiting a while”. Nothing has changed post queue number. The number is useless to them except it giving them the knowledge that they have a damn order that is perhaps moving, week to week.
It's all meaningless anyway with OCUK not having an idea of what cards are arriving and when. Being number 1 in the queue means nothing if the card you want isn't turning up from the suppliers.

Associate
I'm 195 and ordered at 15:09 but at least I still got it at msrp. Thats the eagle oc. Irll give them till preorder big navi then I'm out. Sick of waiting. Sold my rx 5700xt to pay for 3080 so have an old 970 strip at the moment but still not happy.

Soldato
Just got my queue number for Gigabyte Eagle - 363.

Was hoping it would be lower than the unofficial estimate which was 280 odd. Oh well! Not too bad.
Was a bit concerned my order time was officially listed as 16:31 when my order was actually made at 15:31. However the graph that went around a bit ago showed that the orders pretty levelled off for that hour so perhaps the system just conked out.

Good to get some information out however, thank you!

@Redcoat-Mic How did you pay for your order?

Caporegime
I know the logistics would be awkward, but say there’s 3000 Eagle orders, and 600 Gaming OC orders, once the gaming OC list has been fulfilled and there is plenty of stock sitting in the warehouse, do you think other customers on a long waiting list should be offered the chance to switch to the other card so they can get it straight away?

Associate
Hopefully they cancel your order for trying to be a scalper
No other reason to transfer warranty unless you are selling it
Wish you would've read a bit more thoroughly before throwing around accusations. I was going to sell it MSRP / cost to one of the guys on the NVIDIA discord who wanted one and helped me. So take your attitude down a bit bud, really not necesarry to judge someone who you do not know.

Associate
My unofficial queue number on the Gigabyte Eagle was around 470, the actual number is 602 ordered at 16.47. Looks like the Eagle was way more popular than the queue calculator input data suggested. Also the Gaming OC Gigabyte card seems to have been way less popular than the unofficial queue said. Maybe a few people entered the right brand but wrong model.

Soldato
I know the logistics would be awkward, but say there’s 3000 Eagle orders, and 600 Gaming OC orders, once the gaming OC list has been fulfilled and there is plenty of stock sitting in the warehouse, do you think other customers on a long waiting list should be offered the chance to switch to the other card so they can get it straight away?
Unlikely as the pre orders are still open so by the time those 600 are fulfilled the list will be 1200

Associate
Yes, I think it would make sense to offer this option to waiting customers before new customers pile in.

Caporegime
My unofficial queue number on the Gigabyte Eagle was around 470, the actual number is 602 ordered at 16.47. Looks like the Eagle was way more popular than the queue calculator input data suggested. Also the Gaming OC Gigabyte card seems to have been way less popular than the unofficial queue said. Maybe a few people entered the right brand but wrong model.
Yep, as I said above, my unofficial for the Gaming was 787. It’s actually 276. Possibly massive difference in waiting time. Could be talking a month or two difference in waiting time.

Associate
It's all meaningless anyway with OCUK not having an idea of what cards are arriving and when. Being number 1 in the queue means nothing if the card you want isn't turning up from the suppliers.
Very true, I’m talking strictly about the higher numbers in the queue. Once you hit <50 your 2 weeks at most away, the numbers mean a lot less when your, say, number 700. The shipment numbers and dates would mean a lot more alongside it.

Associate
The email is kinda sinking in a bit. I'm 1889 in the queue for a TUF non OC. Even with deliveries of 100 per week it will take until roughly February to receive my card.

I think OC should start letting customers know quantities they are receiving in deliveries so we can get a better understanding of how long this is likely to take.

I stupidly sold my 2060 to help fund my upgrade so I'm left with no gpu and a pc I can't use. I'm in no way blaming anyone for that apart from me, it's just ***** and I need to moan lol

Back
Top Bottom