• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
God knows because someone said they're queue position 2 for the ASUS TUF, and they ordered a minute after orders went up.

So how few ASUS cards have there been??
That position is latest. Meaning after all others shipped. So they could have already sent 50 out. The position we got it latest exact queue position. So being queue number 1 doesn't mean they haven't had any. It just means your next. After all ones that went out.
I'm 17 on ASUS TUF OC and I've seen people getting them and Gibbo has posted I think 3 times getting TUF OC so the number given. Isn't queue number from the 17th. It's queue number today after everything went out. Up-to-date info

Oh and also each week you get a updated queue position email in relation to new queue number after other ship out

Associate
Thank you for your pre-order for the Asus GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix Gaming OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card on order 5860093.

You are currently in queue position 6. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.

Lovely just need to know how many are shipping and when? Not seen any details of any Strix Rig OC cards arriving though

Associate
Hey @EVH what do you think about my position number 17 on the ASUS TUF OC 3080. Seems OCUK have had a 2 or 3 small shipments of these already. So I should be quite hopeful in getting this very soon yeah. You're a good guy with his ear close to the ground. I should be looking good yeah wink wink

Associate
some people taking huge advantage, auction site people selling 3080s for 1250+ and ppl buying them, terrible situation

same thing with the consoles too

desperation at its finest, and some ppl so enraged that they are spoiling the bidding by inserting thousands

And i cant remember if it was this bad when Pascal 10 series and Turing 20 series were released

Now we know what to do when the 4000 series is released, be ready for September 2022 and order 1st.

Associate
The issue for me is people selling their "confirmed order" slots - I almost wish someone would pull the rug out from under them post-sale, so they end up out of pocket.

Associate
I've been really patient with getting a new card.

Almost got a 1080ti but decided i didn't need it for 1440p
2080ti was just weey out my budget.
Saved up was set on getting one of these but given the absolute ******** that it is and is likely to not be sorted before xmas I've decided to screw it off and get a new bike.

What a shambles this whole thing is....

Associate
I've been really patient with getting a new card.

Almost got a 1080ti but decided i didn't need it for 1440p
2080ti was just weey out my budget.
Saved up was set on getting one of these but given the absolute ******** that it is and is likely to not be sorted before xmas I've decided to screw it off and get a new bike.

What a shambles this whole thing is....
You didn't have to spend the money...

Associate
Can the Mods stop deleting peoples POSTS ! everyone has a right to express what's going on its becoming a Joke.... stop trying to make out OC is a perfectly run business its not ! My advice to everyone here is to shi
some people taking huge advantage, auction site people selling 3080s for 1250+ and ppl buying them, terrible situation

same thing with the consoles too

desperation at its finest, and some ppl so enraged that they are spoiling the bidding by inserting thousands

And i cant remember if it was this bad when Pascal 10 series and Turing 20 series were released

Now we know what to do when the 4000 series is released, be ready for September 2022 and order 1st.

Had a look this evening and there isnt that many listed to be fair ! from what I;ve seen maybe 20 x 3080s max and maybe 10 x 3090s...... most of them are pre orders so people are just making themselves money if people are stupid enough to pay...... just wait , there is no hurry ! PC games are not going anywhere....... in the meantime chill and do something else with your life.

Associate
I bought a 2070 super to hold me over thinking I'd be waiting until next year with the intention of selling it on. Not sure what to do now, I'm ready to build but apparently I'm only 24 in the queue so I don't know whether to hang on longer and just return the 2070 ASAP. Absolute first world problems eh:p

Associate
The email will come to you weekly informing you of queue position
You don't need to look for his updates now
I understand that, but you could well look at your email next week and not see a drop in number (any drop could be purely from cancellations rather than product deliveries). It could as well be like that for a couple of weeks. The point I’m making is that Asus/MSI/EVGA could well ramp up production soon, but there is no guarantee that stock will come to the UK, let alone OC. And that’s without mentioning which line each brand will focus on first (for instance, it’s been mentioned on here that Asus is focusing on the OC lines first. Yet the largest queue on this site is for the Stock TUF).

The emails are great for sure, but they don’t tell you what stock they are receiving each day, next week or this month. Nor does it tell you the quantity level of those shipments. People now have a number, a number they can stare at each week hoping it’ll go down but there is no info between those emails to show movement. That’s what Gibbos thread was about for me. Even if he seemed to miss many updates...

Associate
Queue position means nothing if we dont know how many cards per week they receive. Hipefully things start moving soon.

Disagree. I'm #3 so I know regardless of how many cards they get, I'm going to be somewhere in the next 3 batches (very likely in the next batch)

Likewise someone who's at #2000 knows even if they get 100 cards a week, they'll be waiting a while.

It's a rough estimate sure but not entirely meaningless

The number 3 looks photoshopped, look at the pixels, the count is low, also the colour seem way off too, to notice the difference u will need a 3080.

I mean, if I wanted to fake it I'd of inspect-elemented and edited the number itself before taking the screenshot. But I have no reason to fake it anyway

Back
Top Bottom